The Official What You Do and Do Not want in Halo 5 Thread

SatanicBagels

I deeply feel that elites need to return to Halo 5. And I remember in Reach it was some shoddy mock up where you couldnt even see the eyes and jaw armor, and the hand armor clipped through the hand. However, elites had their own special attributes like increased health, health regeration, shield strength, a larger size, high jump height, faster running speed, and unique assassination, among other things. I know it is a big task, but adding elites to Halo 5 would really make my day, as well as many other perople on the forums I am sure. I hope 343 can fix the things from Reach and make the Elites better than ever, and making Halo 5 the most expansive, unique, and customizable games out there. 343, thank you for reading this and I hope my request is promptly considered, as this is the element I felt most lacking from Halo 4.

• Like 1

My idea for Halo 5 is a new gametype, which I think would work out really good. It consists of four players on each team, two teams. It starts out as a normal Team Deathmatch, but works with rounds. The goal is to get to 50 points, each kill gives 1 point to the player. When every player of one of the teams is dead, the rounds start again, but on this second round, a bot does exactly what you did in the last round. If you get to save your bot or someone else's, you get 3 points. This process repeats and repeats until one of the teams achieves 50 points. Every 4 (The number might vary, depending on how the gameplay works out) rounds, the bot system restarts, to make sure the map doesn't overcrowd with bots. What do you guys think?

In forge Placeable effects would be insane, like cloud(small,medium,large) creates a foggy cloud effect like a smoke grenade in a particular place, this would dramatically increase the atmosphere of flood maps etc. Also as well as placeable FX have 3D sounds or looping sounds that you can place down, so a looping sounds could be a heartbeat over and over, this would make flood maps much scarier, and 3D sounds would be the closer to the 3D sound location you placed a player is, the louder a noise could be, an example of a noise could be a engine working in a machine, like you hear around Erosion. In the forge menu, under structures tab, have UNSC, COVENANT and FORERUNNER pallets, so maps can look less out of place, because a UNSC pallet on the big castle thing on Ravine looks really weird. Bring back some kind of assault gametype! :3 also have a type of game online where only players without a party can play, this would mean less SR130 parties spawn raping a bunch of noobs like me ;D. I have a awesome idea for a new gamemode perhaps? It could be called something like rampant,rampage or something along those lines and it's where hordes and hordes of marines go and try and kill master chief? Maybe, but also how about having bots in custom games, so people can test games without having to inv loads of people?

My list of shtuff:

-WATER VEHICLES!

-cortana :(

-someone else like Sargent Johnson, who DOESN'T DIE!

-UNSC flyable vehicle

-water based maps

-more custom game customisation

-precision editing in forge

-forerunner vehicles (I have a sick idea for a forerunner tank but i have no idea how to show it)

::i'll try give a explanation of it ^

:::::So basically, the main body can look like a mini particle cannon, with all the hovering bits also, so we have a sphere body, (It would be awesome if other players could actually SEE the driver of the {tank name} and see him working the controls while hovering inside this ball, like him punching his fist forward could resemble the main cannon firing [ill get on to the cannon in a sec]) and below this floaty ball have some kind of support that make it look more muscular and not some ball. The tank will have two weapons, holding left trigger will lock the enemy spartans animation and keep him still, like the Didact did to chief kinda, and the right trigger will be some kind of constant beam, not a single shot, which can be used at the same time, this will bring an element of skill into using it, and the constant beam will depower it a little, cause without the enemy being still it will be hard to kill people with a constant beam instead instant kill shot. OR the cannon could charge up, and then a huge bolt of orange stuff destroys everything your pointing at...:D

::

-arbiter

-forerunner weapons aren't just different appearances and same mechanics of already implemented weapons

-when assassinating people, keep in your Spartans view, maybe?

TY 4 READING <3

I just want 343 to put gameplay over looks. There are so many skins and helmets in the game--I'm sure they spent a lot of time doing this--but there were some flaws that needed to be fixed. So what I want in Halo 5 is for 343 to make sure that the game plays well before they add a bunch of stuff to look at. It's like the #1 rule to Forging: Gameplay>Aesthetics.

In forerunner vehicles I'd like to see them all like an exo-skeleton with a heavy shield around them.

For example:

Their air vehicle could be a oval ball with a didact armour transformation style when jumped into, you will be visable inside the vehicle and the vehicle won't have much health.

But, the vehicle will have a heavy shield around it so you can't get sniped easily and so the vehicle won't take damage.

It will be fragile without the shield, like the opposite of the mantis, which got a weak shield but more health.

The health of the shield will go down with three emp blasts and will be emp'd on that third shot.

The health of the vehicle itself will be like a watchers health.

I want this in all forerunner vehicles which will add something special to their vehicles and more diversity to the game.

3 forerunner vehicles:

#A really massive-damage tank (1 person only)

#Fast easily-maneuvered air vehicle (1 person only, mentioned above)

#a equivalent to the brute prowler (3 persons)

I reckon with Forerunner Vehicals there should be a 1 person bike, somewhat like the mongoose but the character is lying down on the top of it with Hard light MG's, slighty stronger than the suppressor, a 4 person jeep/car witch has compartments compacted when they are unmaned and unfold when they are entered it would be simmalar to maybe a F1 style car the seating being drive with the gunner directly behing him and the 2 passangers side by side behing him, and the air vehical being a eagle looking ship witch has 1 pilot and a gunner with a gun under the tip of the front ship

Also a flying vehicle with a driver maybe a few passengers and a gunner with a 180 degree field of fire with the centre if vision strait down

And the option to change the damage for each gun

And pieces in forge that match so well with the rest of the map that a good forger can make his pieces seem to part of the original map (at the moment you can easily tell the difference between forged & non-forged)

Ad the option of different skins for objects in forge apart from the default and include rock/ground as a skin

I just realised that the guy above me said almost the same as my aircraft idea LOL

• Like 1

1. The locust, Spectre and Rhino should be playable vehicles

2. Invasion should return and instead of spawning on the ground at the start, the attackers should be dropped into the map by a Pelican/Phantom dropship and then respawn on the map

3. The Flood should return sometime within the campaign

4. Duel-wield should return

5. Mission(s) similar to the final escape on Halo Combat evolved: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD3TyjvfAR0

6. A rank system similar to Halo Reach: http://objective514....each-armory.jpg

7. Super sentinels

More prometheans. The three kinds we got were awesome, but eventually got repetitive, and less diverse than covenant. How about a promethean stalker, with cloak, holograms, and as fast as a sprinting jackal, but with only melee. Or a promethean juggernaut, which is kinda like a hunter, only it has a hardlight turret (like a plasma cannon but with less shield damage and a faster fire rate.) SMG needs to return, and so do ODSTs. Improve the friendly AI, they are dumb as can be and have the aim of a cross-eyed bull. Bring back brute weapons (and brutes for one or two campaign missions.) Multiplayer elites/ prometheans. For invasion. Make a better forge.

• Like 1

In forge instead of fine edit (which never worked for me anyway) make it so that when you start moving an object you go really slow then after a second you move normal speed.

Also if you don't do this, at least make it easier to use the LB/RB while Holding an object

Bty for those who are annoyed that the forerunner weapons are orange you may notice that they were blue until the didact converted them.

Bty for those who are annoyed that the forerunner weapons are orange you may notice that they were blue until the didact converted them.

Sorry about the repeat, accidentally tapped 'add reply' twice

The only thng I hope for Halo 5 is a mix of Halo 3, Halo Reach and Halo Wars. I mean all the weapons and all the vehicle, with some new maybee and the thing I REALLY DON NOT WHANT, is a kind of spartan ops only playable online, IT SUCK make it playable offline. Halo was a great tittle cause you could play offline all the online mode (no exclusive online ****). please 343 don't make the same stupid mistake!!!!

• Like 2

1. Weapon ideas/suggestions:

• Some sort of electricity based weapon (UNSC)

(^Shock and Awe / Shock Therapy could be achievement ideas for this weapon ☺^)

• Some of the newer shooters have a bow/crossbow type weapon
  • Some of the older weapons should come back

2. Enemy ideas/suggestions:

• Brutes
  • Flood
  • Drones
  • Sentinel Enforcers

(^Would be nice to see them again.^)

• A new Promethean enemy, something more humanoid

3. Vehicles idea/suggestions:

• Any of the old vehicles (Chopper, Elephant, Prowler, etc)
  • Behemoth (idea, pretty much bigger than both the Elephant and Mammoth, used for mass transport of troops, vehicles, etc)
  • More air vehicles. Halo 4 had a lack of that.

4. Levels/missions:

• Earth. Some sort of big city like New Mombasa, maybe bigger and with a better color pallet.
  • Remains of Installation 04
  • (EDIT:2/16/13) - Outside part of one of the rings, sorta like this - http://i4.photobucke...ion/arkDome.png

5. Other suggestions:

• Dual wield needs to come back
  • So does Firefight
  • And The Arbiter
  • Two Covenant factions - Covenant who are still allied with the humans, and Covenant who aren't
  • Old gametypes

All I could think of that seemed like decent ideas.

1.Missions similar to the final escape on Halo Combat evolved Brutes More air vehicles

2.Dual wield needs to come back does Firefight

4.And The Arbiter

3.Two Covenant factions - Covenant who are still allied with the humans, and Covenant who aren't

5.Old game types forerunner vehicles more forerunner guns

1. Better handling of vehicles, I don´t like the warthog, that thing is all over the place plus the engine sounded worse than a lawnmower

2. Be able to use more tactics, as in taking cover.. even though the spartans are armored like a tank with energy shields I would still like to be able to take cover like in Deus Ex HR or the Gears of war games

3. Carry more weapons. todays soldier carries a knife (for the silent kills) a sidearm or pistol, a primary, usually an assault rifle and then a secondary, maybe a shotgun or sniperrifle. more choice. picking your weapons and "designing" them to fit your way of playing. for example implement attachments like a certain aim sight or be able to attach a grenade launcher to a battle rifle or extended magazine and so on...

4. more realistic difficulties. I hate when playing on harder difficulty that you have to burn an entire magazine on an Elite ( for example) just to get his shields down and still he can take a half a clip to the face while they can almost oneshot your shields and.. well you get the idea right.... it should only be harder to stay alive, not to kill the aliens.

5. More diversity when it comes to missions, more stealth would be nice, would be so cool having some futuristic crossbow design that uses a form of pressurized air to fire an arrow or spike or see the knife.. and again taking cover where possible.

6. a zoom function in chiefs helmet. and as a standard function not some crap you have to pick up, like the promethean vision. thought it was stupid wearing a helmet and not have a zoom function buildt into the damn thing or nightvision.

7. to see the chief in a third person view. I for one would like to see the hero in action as I´m playing the game and not just when its a driving mission or a take down. Again this is just me but I feel more immersed when I play 3rd person game because I can see the things happen. even if its just pushing a button or running through a jungle.

8. Be able to aim down the rifle.. now I know chief has that big helmet on, but come on.. If Isaac Clarke can do it, then a spartan should be able to :)

Again I just feel like halo is a shoot from the hip, run and gun it game..

I still think 343i did an amazing work taking over the Halo franchise but something new has to happen and it needs to happen with Halo 5

I´m looking forward to see what you guys are going to do with Halo 5 and the direction you will take it.

Well thats some of the ideas that been running through my mind since Halo 4..

Take all and again I can wait to see whats in store for the chief AND Cortana :)

Personal Ordnance: A lot of people thought it upset the flow of matches; for instance, someone can sit back and pick off people with a DMR, and then they get rewarded with a Sniper Rifle. Another thing: Loadouts; while spawning with a Plasma Pistol and Plasma Grenades on a vehicular map is useful, it tends to be overpowered against vehicles. Near-instantaneous Warthog triple-kills come to mind. I'm not saying that these are completely bad; indeed, they help balance out infantry and vehicular gameplay. But individually they are too powerful. 

My suggestion is to combine the two; you select your loadout, predertermined by the gametype (let's say it's ARs and Magnums, but your AAs, tactical packages, and support upgrades are still there), and then you select your Ordnance Options; you can have five different Ordnance loadouts, consisting of a primary (say a BR), a secondary (Plasma Pistol or Boltshot), and a grenade/equipment (Plasma Grenade or Regeneration Field--that should not be an AA any more). In this way, you can tailor your style of play but not have anything too powerful to begin with. You can EMP vehicles, but can you stick them? You can try to stick someone, but can you Boltshot them? I know a lot of people hate Ordnance and loadouts, but trust me, they will be complaining if they can't spawn with their precious DMRs all the time. It's like when I played Reach after Halo 4 and there wasn't default sprint; it was impossible to stalk people and assassinate them because I couldn't catch up to them, and they would see me on radar before I got close. You don't know you miss something until it's gone; conversely, when you get what you want, you don't want it. So let's really consider what is actually useful, and don't become too attached to an idea that might be game-breaking. And...tell me what you think.

What I wanted to see since Reach are better servers(or whatever makes this laggier than BF3) . I've been a long time fan of Halo, but the multiplayer was always extremely laggy and I can't change to another provider. I also play Battlefield 3 and it has almost no lags in multiplayer. I don't really know if this is because of another host, network or server system, but Halo would be so much more enjoyable if I it was less laggy. I've never really had the opportunity to make someone aware of that but I really hope that 343 takes it at least in consideration. Although H4 runs better than any other Halo before, it's still far away from being a totally enjoyable expierience.

forge ideas: that i want

1.forge world: does not have to be the same but like forge world

2. able to forge covenant and forerunners(or whatever enemies you have then) so that way you can create things like lone wolf or spartan ops which would be cool

3.background: lets take valhalla and say we wanted a meteor to be falling in the middle of the ocean we could do that somehow(this one is not required but would be kind of cool)

4. ability to change landscape like instead of valhalla having a waterfall it can dry up if we want it to do so.

• Like 1

forge ideas: that i want

1.forge world: does not have to be the same but like forge world

2. able to forge covenant and forerunners(or whatever enemies you have then) so that way you can create things like lone wolf or spartan ops which would be cool

3.background: lets take valhalla and say we wanted a meteor to be falling in the middle of the ocean we could do that somehow(this one is not required but would be kind of cool)

4. ability to change landscape like instead of valhalla having a waterfall it can dry up if we want it to do so.

90% awesome 10% unrealistic it would be awesome to get all of them, and i hope we eventually do but i doubt it highly the forge world and AI forging we should deffinatly be able to get but the background/terrain editing i doubt, all i want from forge is more terrain to forge on and more decorative pieces.

Placeable npcs in forge is something I've wanted since halo 3. It would be fun to be able to make mini campaign missions and also just make maps more alive. I would like to see a better campaign for halo 5 as I didn't enjoy halo 4s. I think they got over eager and overkilled the whole forerunner thing. The levels were not very diverse. The promethiens I thought looked like a robot dog, a RC helicopter, and a over powered big triangle and not at all original halo material.

Just a small thing, but i reckon they should have a tower map. With loads of different storys, and many flying vehicles and turrets on the tower. Also with it a squirrel suit/hand glider to be able to glide down to the bottom / intermidiate stories and shoot glass and make a badass entrance :D

Expand and discuss your ideas on this :D

I think that Pelicans should be flyable in spartan ops, custom games or even matchmaking. In the halo 4 campaign they were flyable but there was nothing to do in it, no obstacles just a giant open space to fly around in with only one enemy type to fight (phantoms) and a small number of that enemy. Imagine carring troops in spartan ops or matchmaking to enemy base or having to fly through narrow spaces whilst gunning down wraiths and banchees with all troops operating a different weapon. The possibilities for its use in sparton ops is endless. Id love to see this in halo 5 or possibly halo 4 season 2. :) thanks for reading. ps flamethrower and maulers must return boltshot needs to be scrapped.