The Veterans from Bungie.net Know This

woofwoof301

Back when I used to frequent the Bungie forums, Halo Reach and The Flood, I'd always see whiney babies sitting there typing whole blocks of texts. They included:

This game sucks! They messed everything up! It doesn't cater to my playstye! Look at this 343! Halo 4 has 10 less people online than release date on a Monday Morning at 2 am!! You failed 343, and you messed everything up! I hate you and I'm selling the game!!!

To you Bungie.net people, I hope this post's title got your attention, lol, because we totally called it. We said:

Stop whining. You guys are always comparing the recent game to the previous one, and you guys are definitely going to say: " HALO 4 SUCKS REACH WAS BETTER" just how you guys said: "HALO REACH SUCKS HALO 3 WAS BETTTER!"

Honestly, it's just because everytime the generation of complainers of this current game end up growing up and getting used to it, and then a new generation comes in complaining. There's no need to bash 343 for every single thing you don't like. A polite rant would be fine, but pulling out statistics and opinion-based fact-opinions is just annoying IMO.

Side note, I do have my own 2 cents to say. After a 2 month Spartan Ops that supposedly had a plot and then 7h45m campaign, this game has gotten rather boring. I might trade it in for AC3. This rather refutes my OP, but.... well.... the ranters have a point.

I guess the secondary question from me to you guys from Bungie.net , is, lol, besides the OP talking about people complaining about this game, do you veterans think people actually have a right to complain this much? Every game was complained about a lot, but is this game really complainable? I want to see what you guys thinik.

Complaining will always happen for any game, but there seems to be a huge amount at the moment.It begins to get the point where if this many people are complaining there has to be some level to legitimacy to them right?

My issue is all this waiting for playlists to come out, ranked to come out, maps released that are still not in rotation... bear in mind that there is talk of a month or tow before things happen. When we think that the strategy for the 343 halo's seems to be shorter gaps between halo games can they afford to wait this long?

The reason there wasn't as much complaining in Halo 3 and 2 was because people like myself were playing the great game that it was and not on the internet looking for answers. I come on this forum to see if other people have the same issues as myself with this game and 343i could do to improve them.

Back when I used to frequent the Bungie forums, Halo Reach and The Flood, I'd always see whiney babies sitting there typing whole blocks of texts. They included:

To you Bungie.net people, I hope this post's title got your attention, lol, because we totally called it. We said:

Honestly, it's just because everytime the generation of complainers of this current game end up growing up and getting used to it, and then a new generation comes in complaining. There's no need to bash 343 for every single thing you don't like. A polite rant would be fine, but pulling out statistics and opinion-based fact-opinions is just annoying IMO.

Side note, I do have my own 2 cents to say. After a 2 month Spartan Ops that supposedly had a plot and then 7h45m campaign, this game has gotten rather boring. I might trade it in for AC3. This rather refutes my OP, but.... well.... the ranters have a point.

I guess the secondary question from me to you guys from Bungie.net , is, lol, besides the OP talking about people complaining about this game, do you veterans think people actually have a right to complain this much? Every game was complained about a lot, but is this game really complainable? I want to see what you guys thinik.

10 less people? Lol. Try 900k less. Those numbers are staggering. Hardly something you can predict. It only illustrates failure and the need for massive overhaul.

10 less people? Lol. Try 900k less. Those numbers are staggering. Hardly something you can predict. It only illustrates failure and the need for massive overhaul.

Yeah see, everybody. Look at this guy. Look at him. See him? Get a goooooodd look. This same argument is going to pop up for Halo 5.

Does anyone have BO2???

If so can you give an exact comparison between the player numbers at the same time in the day. From there we can compare the difference in fall off.

I know that CoD games have a very big casual following, but having never really played Reach I can only say that the numbers for Halo 3 were still huge many months later.

This game is a good game of that there is no doubt, but there are a lot of good games out there and I think people were expecting a great game. The only numbers I have seen so far are that 3.8 Million copies of the game were sold in the first week of release and 1 month later there are often less than 50k online at any time!!

I am sure there are many reasons for this but everyone has to admit that such a fall off means that the game is failing to grip people and draw them in!! They had the initial sales but lost the fan base..

I remember those threads! Going back and cut and pasting old complaints just to have something so talk about, ah good times, good times

Good times? This forum is trudging through feces right now with all of this complaining and some people are on cleanup duty.

(B

Heheh. The people on cleanup duty clean up the duty)

Yep, that's about right. I'm on these Community Forums to help out the Halo 4 community, to meet fellow gamers, and to just have a good time. I don't care if people complain or whatever and say that Halo 4 is "a failure", nor am I an fanboy. I understand the shortcomings of the game, but I also can see that there is a lot of promise in the future, and I also know that this game is a blast to play. I'm having a great time... I'm not sure what else matters.

• Like 1

i didn't know there would be a halo 5 after the big failure halo 4 had haha About 4.1million people wont fall for 343 bs this time hahaha

Plenty fall for CoD's bs every year.

Halo 4 is not a big failure. Hopefully 343 will make sure to see the legitimate issues and make sure Halo 5 does not have the same.

Um...OP says that statistics and fact-based information are annoying? Wait, what? Wouldn't you like to have concrete evidence of the shortcomings? Seriously dude, you just opened yourself to being called ignorant when you brush off information like that and say its annoying. Come on man, take it for what it is. Halo just aint king anymore and a lot of the original community has lost interest in it.

Yeah see, everybody. Look at this guy. Look at him. See him? Get a goooooodd look. This same argument is going to pop up for Halo 5.

No it won't, because it's gonna he on a new platform :) Still it's the utter truth and a fail of epic proportions.

Force Ar/pistol starts now in regular slayer and have all cabines +plasma pistol in the drops (remove rockets/snipers) is a good start.

This change should be done YESTERDAY. Really.

Plenty fall for CoD's bs every year.

Halo 4 is not a big failure. Hopefully 343 will make sure to see the legitimate issues and make sure Halo 5 does not have the same.

Idk what you consider a failure but in terms of HALO this has failed. If this was a new game then it wouldn't have but this is halo the franchise that is supposed to lead xbox the Best shooter around.... 400k to 100k in a month? Failure. and i even play the game sometimes still.