Next Halo In Early Stages Of Development

Adam91

2058-halo-4-master-chief-3-hd-525x328-1.jpg

Frank O'Connor talks a little bit about the next Halo project it's is now in the very early stages of development.

Read below for more details.

Source:

CVG

343 Industries is gradually reallocating its teams to work on the next major Halo project, an executive at the studio has told CVG.

Frank O'Connor, the franchise development director for Halo, said that "a lot of people at 343 are already prototyping ideas and software and art for future Halo products".

He added: "I can't say more than that, but work on the game started actually before we launched Halo 4 and continues apace as we cycle staff through the team's vacation breaks. We're excited about the next game."

O'Connor didn't explicitly state that the next game is specifically Halo 5, though Microsoft has already confirmed that it is building a second trilogy of Halo titles.

Many within the 343 Industries studio are still working on post launch content for Halo 4, the latest being the curation of a

major international Halo 4 tournament.

It has also developed a plot-led series of co-op games called Spartan Ops, which has been widely praised by critics. A second season of the co-op mode, however, remains up in the air.

"Spartan Ops season 2 is yet to be decided, we're looking at how the first season does," said O'Connor.

"We got such great responses from [live-action web series] Forward Unto Dawn and Spartan Ops that we're pretty happy with it and we're learning a lot of really interesting stuff for the future," he added. "You are going to see a spectrum of Halo support though the next year and beyond."

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

In all honesty if they are sticking with this new style of halo at this point I really could care less. The next game either needs to be a remake of Halo2 with the multiplayer from Halo2 not 4. Or halo5 needs to be a re-amp of the old fashion halo games aka 2 and 3. This game just isn't halo anymore. Halo was about controlling the map and the weapon spawns. Now everyone gets a armor ability to start (at least in 3 you had to run out and pick up powerups). There are more power weapons and vehicles on a map than there are players. And now you rack up a few kills and you get a power weapon hand delivered to you its just dumb. 343 needs to take a look back at halo2 and halo3 and throw out all this new garbage that has been added.

• Like 1

I think by the time they are done with Halo 5 or whatever they are going to call it, It should be a fantastic game.

By the time they are done developing it, they will have figured out what and how they should of done some thing differently.

I also believe that Halo 4 wasnt all bad. Just different.

But in all then next one should be great. Just hope the commendations and ranking is a little harder to do.

In all honesty if they are sticking with this new style of halo at this point I really could care less. The next game either needs to be a remake of Halo2 with the multiplayer from Halo2 not 4. Or halo5 needs to be a re-amp of the old fashion halo games aka 2 and 3. This game just isn't halo anymore. Halo was about controlling the map and the weapon spawns. Now everyone gets a armor ability to start (at least in 3 you had to run out and pick up powerups). There are more power weapons and vehicles on a map than there are players. And now you rack up a few kills and you get a power weapon hand delivered to you its just dumb. 343 needs to take a look back at halo2 and halo3 and throw out all this new garbage that has been added.

Well spoken my friend,well spoken.

Hopefully they will take out that stupid mantis or make it less powerful put the shield drainer back in along with the bubble shield and put ammo at the bases or around the levels and don't make the levels so one sided like if your on ragnorok (Valhalla) beach side your most likely to lose or if the level has one of those dumb mantis things then they stay on one side and the other team stays on one side and hopefully one or the other can slowly pick it off which I personally think is retarded all of the other vehicles are to weak just make it like halo 3 oh and also capture the flag sucks because you can't drop the flag to defend yourself better and bring back dual wielding and quit putting all those invisibility flying shield dash type things in it cuz it makes it just like reach but a little bit better

I hope they add an Autosave to the campaign in Halo 5. Very frustrating to sink a few hours into getting to the ending of 4, only to have my UPS keel over and shut down my Xbox and TV right as the finale movie starts playing. It would have been nice to have had the option to pick back up at the last checkpoint. Or even at the start of the last chapter. Or at the very least, been able to manually Save and Continue. Instead, I'm back on Requiem.