343 is idiotic

Clappy

we get to play the original Halo 1 campaign again, great!

we get to play the original Halo 1 campaign with updated graphics, great!

we get 6 of the classic maps with updated graphics, great! (plus another firefight map!)

we get to get some achievements for playing Halo 1 again, great!

I fail to see anything wrong with this release!

• Like 1

The game isn't made for the multiplayer. the multiplayer is just a cool bonus feature with a few new maps, balanced amour abilities, a bit of old school gameplay, and a bit of better graphics. The game it self is meant to be a re mastered campaign with awesome graphics and some added stuff... hurr...

• 2 weeks later...

Uhhh didn't they announce they're putting the ORIGINAL Halo 1 pistol (overpowered and with all it's glory) into the CEA's multiplayer??? I read that somewhere on here...I'm thinking that it'd also be included with the DLC version of the new 7 remade Halo 1 maps too??? Somebody clarify. Because having a new weapon (or old in this case) in Reach as DLC would be a major change to gameplay. For the better!!! Hope that sheds light on the depressing subject of this thread.

No, there will be no new weapons. In order for 343i to put new weapons or anything else brand new into the game, would require them to add those things to the resource map files, and links into the map files individually. Doing so would also require them to resign and reship all new files which means having to download a new version of the game or buying a brand new updated retail disc.

Said weapon from Halo 1, is simply just MegaloScript altering in memory, the damage fields and firing radius of the Reach pistl. Just think of the weapon as a standard Reach pistol or heroin.

• 1 month later...

Hurr let's put in Reach Multiplayer instead of the engine we're already using for campaign hurr.

Everybody loves Reach its the best halo lets ruin 50% of the game hurr.

Don't worry, if it does end up being screwed up by our half-assed $40 job, 10 years passes by in a breeze and we'll have a re-remake!

They can't justify ruining multiplayer. I don't care if it would have taken an extra year, if you're going to make a 10 year anniversary game for arguably the biggest gaming franchise out there, put in your full god damn effort.

What are you people's thoughts on this matter?

ruining multiplayer... how? the only map i thought they did wrong was hang em high and thats only because they added too much color to it besides that it is great

• 4 weeks later...

Y U B TROLLING?

░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄

░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄

░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░

░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░

...░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█

█▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█

█▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█

░█▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█

░░█░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█

░░░█░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█

░░░░█░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░███████░

░░░░░▀▄░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░

░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░█

░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░

• Like 2

Hurr at what part did they say they were going to put in an entirely new multiplayer in the game hurr...

hurrhurrhurrhurrhurrhurrhurrhurrhurrhurrhurrhurrhurrhurrhurrhurrhurr...

I think its stupid to call a company idiotic on their own website complaining about a game with amazing multiplayer , all I think is it's better looking than when it came out in 2001 so I'm not gonna be whining that they ruined the game but all they did is improve halo c:e using the same everything so its impossible to ruin it so if you dont like the game, well lets just say DONT BUY IT OR IF YOU WERE TOO DERP TO GO TO YOUTUBE FOR GAMEPLAY THEN YOU, Should Not OWN Video Games Because YOUR WAY TO PICKEY. Hey you wanted opinon's and this scottsman got a temper lol, just explaining the obvious plus this topic is way to focused to on halo reach when its in the halo combat evolved anniversary forums, and before I go what is with you adding hurr hurr hurr hurr hurr in every sentence no offence dude but it makes you sound like a moron.

I think its stupid to call a company idiotic on their own website complaining about a game with amazing multiplayer , all I think is it's better looking than when it came out in 2001 so I'm not gonna be whining that they ruined the game but all they did is improve halo c:e using the same everything so its impossible to ruin it so if you dont like the game, well lets just say DONT BUY IT OR IF YOU WERE TOO DERP TO GO TO YOUTUBE FOR GAMEPLAY THEN YOU, Should Not OWN Video Games Because YOUR WAY TO PICKEY. Hey you wanted opinon's and this scottsman got a temper lol, just explaining the obvious plus this topic is way to focused to on halo reach when its in the halo combat evolved anniversary forums, and before I go what is with you adding hurr hurr hurr hurr hurr in every sentence no offence dude but it makes you sound like a moron.

This isn't 343's website. This is a fan site.

Hurr let's put in Reach Multiplayer instead of the engine we're already using for campaign hurr.

Don't worry, if it does end up being screwed up by our half-assed $40 job, 10 years passes by in a breeze and we'll have a re-remake!

They can't justify ruining multiplayer. I don't care if it would have taken an extra year, if you're going to make a 10 year anniversary game for arguably the biggest gaming franchise out there, put in your full god damn effort.

NO! GTFO! YOU WOULD TALK **** ABOUT THEM ON THEIR SITE?! WHO DOES THAT?
  • Like 1

GTFO

Yeah, I sure hope a Halo 4 beta comes with this. Overall, I think this game is awesomenessful. I have nothing against the Halo: Reach engine, though it isn't my favorite. I've been playing the campaign going through hours of nostalgia, remembering those times that me and my friends would have so much fun playing this at his house. Love the game and can't wait to see more go on in this game.

• 1 month later...

I will be forever bewildered by the fact that over 85% of gamers BEGGED for 343i's TU, then when the TU Beta came out, they begged for it to be integrated into normal gameplay. Now it's not even IN normal gameplay, just a few select playlists, and people are like "o u suk 343i i h8 u cuz uv du TU chang it bak or gtfo". GTFO newbs.

• Like 2

343 is not idiotic. For the simple reason that their trying to fix what bungie screwed up in the first place. I'm glad that they put TU on reach, although i can't find a good lot of people to practice with since i am still used to vanilla reach. But all the better, their listening to peoples suggestions and actually making an effort. That is more then bungie can ever acomplish in my opinion.

For one, this isn't supposed to be an entirely new game, just a remastering of an existing one. CEA is a mere treat for Halo players. The main purpose is to see the first game in updated graphics.

• 3 weeks later...

i find this funny that so much of you guys stick up for 343 but this game, halo anni was nothing but a way to get money there was no halo love in it like the way bungie used to do it, hell you cant even download reach map to anni but you can do it the other way around plus on top of that yeah the maps are big but the kill zone isnt that big, forge world on halo is more than 30xtimes bigger no exageration and im talking about the biggest map on there which would have to be headlong, and AND where are the rest of the maps? only six of the stinkest anni maps of all time, blood gultch was the biggest by far so angry i got this game so so angry, havnt been so angry that i got a halo game since halo wars, 343 SUCKS ULTIMATLY MICROSOFT STUFFED UP