343 is idiotic

Clappy

yeah i know the engine isnt for multiplayer, but on campaign thats why you can switch between graphics, the new engine is running right on top of the original engine. And the 7 multiplayer maps are for reach.

there going 2 add 7 mp maps playable in reach?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well Clappy 1 post and its inaccurate.

Facts are this....

Halo Combat Evolved has been remastered, so up to date graphics and sound, and for nostalgia they added the back to the past button.

Game also includes 7 classic maps remade for Reach.

Your point then is ?

Save your money for Halo 4!

Clappy you dove right into the shallow end of the pool from a high board, but it's okay. You appear to have come in hot with some bad info. Listen to what Spectral has to say. He is knowledgeable and kinda cute. The information you need is in this site. Feel free to ask anyone for help finding it.

Hurr let's put in Reach Multiplayer instead of the engine we're already using for campaign hurr.

Everybody loves Reach its the best halo lets ruin 50% of the game hurr.

Don't worry, if it does end up being screwed up by our half-assed $40 job, 10 years passes by in a breeze and we'll have a re-remake!

They can't justify ruining multiplayer. I don't care if it would have taken an extra year, if you're going to make a 10 year anniversary game for arguably the biggest gaming franchise out there, put in your full god damn effort.

What are you people's thoughts on this matter?

theyre not ruining it, dont buy it if u dont want to

Hurr let's put in Reach Multiplayer instead of the engine we're already using for campaign hurr.

Don't worry, if it does end up being screwed up by our half-assed $40 job, 10 years passes by in a breeze and we'll have a re-remake!

They can't justify ruining multiplayer. I don't care if it would have taken an extra year, if you're going to make a 10 year anniversary game for arguably the biggest gaming franchise out there, put in your full god damn effort.

This is a sad state of affairs, please do your research next time you try and bash something. None of this is based in fact, you apparently do not no much about what you are talking about

Much of each levels geometry is slightly off or changed.

I noticed this too. Which got me thinking, what happens when you go into an empty space in CEA that's not actually empty in CE. You'd be clipping through the geometry if you switched to classic mode... unless CEA's collision maps are the same as the classic mode.

That is quite a good guess, but I am still not sure about it all. Once we actually get it next month, I plan on writing a map handler so I can start uncovering more in depth, tag and string ID value tables. Hopefully, I will be able to uncover enough about the tag encryption to do this. If they are using the same tag name encryption scheme they did with Reach.....then it will be a while before I can post any usefull data in terms of how different each mode is and why.

um, actualy the engine they used in campaign is to new to be used in multiplayer, so before you start saying stuff please get your facts right...

Yeah, plus you can get banned like that talking on there site. :banned:

the mp is just new maps to reach pretty much idk if its a download or if its on the disk but it has two original maps from halo ce plus the campaign is remastered but you can still switch to old graphics and all the for $40 dollars? i say hell yeah plus i heard there is a halo 4 beta on it

In this case, it's just sad if you don't buy it. There's absolutely no excuse for not getting it. Except lack of money, or a funeral, and such.