Official "which Halo 3 maps should be brought back"

spartan II7

bringing back fairly symmetrical maps, like "The Pit" just sounds plain booring.

I can't really say I miss any particular map. But in some of the DLC Halo 3 maps, Standoff and i also think Orbital or something you had gates that opened if you hit a button. Real interesting to have in flag and bomb games back in the day. Some gates like that in objective maps could be interesting ( yeah I know dominion sheild doors can remind u of that...)

On of those pics looks like Hang em high^^ from Halo 1

they released details on what maps are in what map packs and showed concept art, none of them ar eold maps, they all look original

Source

Not really a source. Theres nothing there that says they wont bring any classics back, unless I'm missing something in that link.

Why not bring a few back? From a design standpoint it would be faster than making brand new maps, which they seem to have pleanty of.

They want new, and I back them up for that. Before Lockout was released it was unheard of. Bungie took the time, designed the original map for Halo 2 and everyone loves is. Halo 3 had new maps released in which people loved as well that were not remakes, some of them are remade into Halo 4 now. Why not let 343 make a few maps that maybe one day in the future we can beg for them to remake in later games to come. I want to see new, not remakes.

Any symmetrical remake should be kept out purely because we have flogged them all before. One of my favourite maps of all Halo's is The Pit. Words cannot describe my love for that map and how much fun i had. But it has no place in H4. Some work should go into a map like Guardian to tweak it so while being the same, plays differently.

Yeah so in my eyes Guardian would be the only map worth having a go.

• Like 1

Not really a source. Theres nothing there that says they wont bring any classics back, unless I'm missing something in that link.

Why not bring a few back? From a design standpoint it would be faster than making brand new maps, which they seem to have pleanty of.

Hey don't get me wrong, i would love some of the classics back, while the words "We are not bringing back and old maps, PERIOD" were never used..they do have all of the map packs planed out already, everything that is in the season pass shows no signs of have any remakes..so unless they decide to release maps outside of the season pass..i can't see us getting any classics.

that being said though..i have already seen some pretty sweet looking forge remakes of old maps so maybe they will bring out a playlist for forged maps

Zanzibar!!!

I hope they don't bring back any old maps. We need new not old. If we keep remaking maps then their will be no room for new maps.

It's fun to see old favorites on new games with new game mechanics. You can have old and new maps. There really can't be enough maps anyway, the more the better. Reach had so many by the end, after all the incorporation of forge maps, it was pretty cool. I'd quit playing for a month, come back and have new maps to play.

• Like 1