Server issues, Bugs, Errors, Post them here - Community info Topic

Community Info

I am still experiencing several "bugs" sometimes when playing Matchmaking games, these are;-

Loadout changing when i get killed - is quite a common factor.

Wrong ordinance drop - select a Fuel Rod Cannon for example and end up with 2 frag grenades! 

Ordinance drop marker persists throughout the game even long after i have collected it (or had it stolen).

Surely these errors can be fixed.

Hi, I seem to be having an odd error with the most recent title update. After it installed it reset most of my information. Here is a list of what it did and did not reset.

It did NOT reset my rank in multiplayer, my armor unlocks, or my completed Spartan ops missions.

It DID reset my loadouts, my Spartan and emblem design, my control setup, and most importantly, my progress on my legendary solo campaign run. I finished today staring where I left off and the Mark VI armor unlocked but the achievements did not and I really don't want to replay those missions solo legendary.

OK. Seeing as I bought this game when it was released ad had no problems, I was overjoyed. We have done all the downloadable content as it came out and still no problems. When Majestic Maps pack was released we downloaded from Xbox live to play when we got home from work. When we arrived home and started up the console it showed yellow warning symbols for all dlc so we restarted the console and it couldn't find Halo4 at all. All of the saves are still there but the game disappeared. We tried reinstalling clearing cache everything, then t decides that the discs are unreadable. Tried download from  live but still nothing. Then the disc said unreadable.  Ended up purchasing a new copy of the game and am getting the same issues. Every other game we own play perfectly.  Now I tied Microsoft support , Xbox live support, and they sent m to 343. I have yet to find any contact info. After buying TWO copies now and knowing  it isn't my console, I would like to know how to resolve this problem :mad:  :realmad:  :banghead:  :help:  :rant:  :veryangry:  :halo: 343- I am not pleased . This is my favorite game and am in a war games clan as hostess. Please help me resolve this issue as it is ruining gaming for me.  

I have been in one the "hopper" servers for almost a week now. I am not joinable and my rank is displayed as sr1. If I go to Spartan Hub it shows my true rank of sr78. Also challenges are unavailable. When should I expect this to be resolved?

I came to this forum assuming I could find some information (or some resolution?) pertaining to the MANY bugs in this game/servers/343 karma.  Not so much...

I did find an exhaustive list, written by hundreds of other dissatisfied gamers, of all of the very aggravating issues that have plagued me since i bought the game.

It seems pointless to solicit a reply from 343. Has anyone EVER been contacted by 343 after posting here???

The object of this forum seems to be allowing customers to "vent", while providing NO worthwhile information, or explanations, from the game's designers (you know, the people who are the experts??).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

for some reason i am not able to play with anyone if i join it just says everyone has left and at the bottom of my screen it says Players do not have the recommended downloadable content maps. whenever i try search for SWAT it does the same thing someone please help m

It means you don't have any of the map packs when it says "No downloaded content." The servers have been acting up lately, I remember last night we "aborted matchmaking due to server errors" about 12 times before we could search again.

Glitching has been horrible in matchmaking lately. I have been videotaping my games. We pay to play this stuff and then it doesnt work. What really irritated me today is that 6 games in a row had horrible glitching. It was every 5-7 seconds. I quit 4 games due to this and 2 games actually kicked everyone out on its own due to glitching. I ended up getting a temporary ban midgame (first got a message about not quitting any more games), finished the game, got points, then ended up with a player ban.  As people pay money for Live, Map packs, and Halo itself but the downed servers and glitching are bad. Supposedly, players are faulted for 343's technical issues. According to Xbox Live (not 343) these bans are temporary and they said its on 343's part along with the technical issues. Its not an Xbox Live issue.

343 should stop banning people until they fix their server and glitching issues. Granted the free month of Live bc of the down server was nice but I dont want free stuff. I just want to be able to play with no issues or bans. This is rediculous. Others should videotape their gameplay as well. These bans are out of control. Get your game fixed 343 and stop banning people.

Everytime I try to play on live on any of the original maps, except Complex and Solaris usually work. But haven, abandon and everything else kicks me back out to the starty screen. The 5 seconds counts down the screen goes black and then stays black for a moinute and i wind up back at the halo start screen. Sometimes i even get the UNSC loading screen and i think its going to load but then black screen. I've complained about this multiple times yet you've done nothing to fix my problem and its ******** me off. I complained about this in january and i stopped playing for 2 months and now i still have this same problem. Please fix this problem. Its bull****

• Like 1

yesterday i played swat on hangout i believe (the lockout remake) and went 17-0, and didnt receive a perfection accommodation  needless to say im a bit upset about this, and yes i have the replay and its uploaded to my file share.
It would be much appreciated if someone would take the time to look into this for me, as its hard to get a perfection!

Thanks

Oragami1337

^gamertag

I've had a bug that resets my highest level completed for both solo and co-op several times. I usually play offline since I don't have the internet at my new place. I'll connect to the internet at my brother's place to download maps and play occasionally.  I just came to the realization that i never adjust the system time when I  disconnect and reconnect at my offline place. This would probably make the default system time on the xbox to be well below the release date of the game. My achievements completed show with no date even though my xbox shows that i have completed them. It is very frustrating to have beaten the game both solo legendary and coop normal and replayed several levels with local friends but always having the highest level of completion erased and no access to levels that I have beaten several times.

Also, since my gamertag has the achievements for finding all the terminals and beating them solo legendary regardless of the system date/time it should be accessible by halo waypoint. None of the achievements with the missing date are tracked. I'm at the point where I never want to play ANY future halo campaign if the basics of level completion can't be accurately tracked offline and online. A single player campaign should be able to played offline without being erased if your xbox connects to the internet and updates itself.

I'm just frustrated that game saves and level completion have been used for as long as I've been a gamer and never has there been this much frustration since days when i lost Zelda saves from not pressing in the reset and power at the same time.

I lost all my progress, (my spartan level doesn't matter since I just started it and already leveled up fast) but what it pissed me off is that I completed the campaign in legendary solo, and when an update was required, I installed and so I lost all my progress :/. I would like to know if any administrator or whatever help me with that, I would like to get that progress back, since it took me time to finish the campaign in solo.

My gamertag Is HowzFox and you can check my achievements and noticed that I got the achievement called "Lone Wolf Legend" which is the one you get for completing the campaign in solo legendary, and then go to my spartan service record and you'll noticed that the campaign is in progress but on co-op. please help me with this.

yesterday i played swat on hangout i believe (the lockout remake) and went 17-0, and didnt receive a perfection accommodation  needless to say im a bit upset about this, and yes i have the replay and its uploaded to my file share.

It would be much appreciated if someone would take the time to look into this for me, as its hard to get a perfection!

Thanks

Oragami1337

^gamertag

Perfections? Preety easy ( for me anyway.) I believe there isn't perfections on War Games anymore: there's just a commendation for it I think. Don't get too angry about it man.....it is just a perfection. I got a kilimanjaro before: NO AWARD OR ANYTHING!

343 needs to fix a problem that has people leaving Halo! When you shoot someone in the head with a sniper, DMR or BR blood will come out with absolutely no effect on the person. I have many videos saved of this happening and I know lots of people that do not play anymore for this reason, Also if there is any lag at all there is no point of playing. Instead of fixing these major problems 343 just makes us pay for new maps every month and new playlists come out to blind us to the truth. 343 makes it so that if your too fast/ good you get disadvantages.

Ok , is anyone out there getting this problem... Every time or most of the time when I try to start up a game, weather its in customs or matchmaking it will countdown as usual, then as im in the black startup screen showing the score it will say at the bottom: Selecting payer with best connection, after about a 20 or 2 mins of the start up screen it will either just lag me out of the game or Xbox live! Its so frustrating and now it happens all the time, before it would only happen while I'm starting the game up in a party. I'm so fed up with this please someone help.