the time to stop campaign spoilers

Victory Element

lets gets this striaght now, i am ok with spoilers before the game actually comes out, but i hate spoilers after people have beat the campaign.

I am proposing the idea of blocking all topics about the halo 4 campaign for little while after the game is released. I think there should be like a 4 week cushion from the time halo 4 is released til members can post topics about the halo 4 campaign. I plan on visiting this site before i finish the campaign, and i would hate to get it spoiled. I want to be able to view the halo 4 section without seeing a whole page of topics about the ending of the campaign. This cushion would give players time to finish the campaign(considering a lot of members will be in school during november) and it would prevent spilers

as i said, i dont want to come on this site, go to the halo 4 section, and find a whole page of topics that spoil half the campaign for me. The cushion seems like a good way to prevent spoilers for the first few weeks, and by the end of it, i assume most people would have finished the campaign. If people support this idea, we can get the mods to put tthis into action

what are everyones thoughts on this??

if its possible to control and organize spoilers, i dont see why it would be a problem to do so.

Edited by Victory Element
  • Like 5

I don't agree at all. We shouldn't prevent people who have finished the campaign from being able to talk about it, especially not for four weeks - that's a huge amount of time to censor something.

A better system would be making it compulsory to tag spoiler threads with 'Spoiler' or something similar, and discourage people from putting spoilers into thread titles. Perhaps we could also try and restrict users from posting spoilers outside of dedicated threads, so that you aren't browsing a thread about the new Battle Rifle and find a post saying 'I thought the way Chief shot the Didact with the Battle Rifle and killed him was cool', or whatever.

I would hate for people to accidentally find out what happens in the campaign without playing it for themselves, and people shouldn't have to cut themselves off from the forum to avoid that. But people also shouldn't be stopped from discussing the story just because others haven't gotten as far as them.

In short, a blanket ban just hurts one set of players instead of the other, and making sure that there are no spoilers in thread titles and making sure people are given fair warning that threads contain spoilers BEFORE they start reading them is a much better solution for everyone involved.

• Like 1

The only problem Sierra1117 is that just as on the Bungie forums when Reach came out, people would type a false title and put spoilers in the body of content intentionally. It would seem that these forums are more mature, however, there will still be those people out there who wish to ruin things ofr others at times.

I agree that if people beat the game that they should be allowed to share their feeling and opinions, ask questions and talk about the game.

Those who post a false title and include spoilers intentionally without a spoiler alert I think should have a 48 hour ban. If it happens again than they get a 1 week ban etc.

If you're terrified of spoilers when the game is released, don't search for Halo 4 stuff on the internet and forums. :laughing: It's like saying I don't want to get attacked by a shark, yet you jump into the water where they are. There will always be idiots who intentionally want to spoil others. All though spoilers don't irritate or disturb me at all, it would be nice for spoiler-related content to be in a specfic area. Tread carefully, but don't whine and complain when you've been spoiled, because when it comes down to it, it's your own fault.

The only problem Sierra1117 is that just as on the Bungie forums when Reach came out, people would type a false title and put spoilers in the body of content intentionally. It would seem that these forums are more mature, however, there will still be those people out there who wish to ruin things ofr others at times.

I agree that if people beat the game that they should be allowed to share their feeling and opinions, ask questions and talk about the game.

Those who post a false title and include spoilers intentionally without a spoiler alert I think should have a 48 hour ban. If it happens again than they get a 1 week ban etc.

thats one of the problems. People screw around with titles and stuff just to annoy people and this shouldnt have to be a problem. And just the title of a topic can spoil it, for example "Why did Chief have to die (SPOILERS)". even if a title says spoilers, it can spoil it all.

If you're terrified of spoilers when the game is released, don't search for Halo 4 stuff on the internet and forums. :laughing: It's like saying I don't want to get attacked by a shark, yet you jump into the water where they are. There will always be idiots who intentionally want to spoil others. All though spoilers don't irritate or disturb me at all, it would be nice for spoiler-related content to be in a specfic area. Tread carefully, but don't whine and complain when you've been spoiled, because when it comes down to it, it's your own fault.

and things arent like that for me. I am a dedicated member on these forums and i try to check in as much as possible. if i want to start a topic about war games soon after H4 is released, your telling me i shouldnt come on here to post it at all. If its possible to control and organize the spoilers, then i dont see why doing so would be a problem

I disagree, I'm sorry. With the games that are being released, I prefer to know as much of what I'm up against as possible. In my eyes, what they have released so far is just perfect. It covers gameplay, maps, weapons, functions, and campaign scenes, but without showing too much. I say keep it up.

If you don't like the frequent "spoilers", then simply don't read the threads that contain them. It's simple.

• Like 1

I disagree, I'm sorry. With the games that are being released, I prefer to know as much of what I'm up against as possible. In my eyes, what they have released so far is just perfect. It covers gameplay, maps, weapons, functions, and campaign scenes, but without showing too much. I say keep it up.

If you don't like the frequent "spoilers", then simply don't read the threads that contain them. It's simple.

my first sentence said, "i am ok with spoilers before the game comes out". I like reading spoiler topics at this point in time. I just dont want to have the entire thing spoiled once H4 is released

i think there should be a spoiler filled topic for all things campain at least for the first weeks called spoiler filled campain discussion that way if you havent played campain then dont click on it but no talk of the campain will be outside this topic its a win win.

sorry i didnt recognize this before, but i actually think its a great idea

Bullet that is fine for some, and myself included, however, some people do not want to know anything about H4. People should not post spoliers with the intention of ruining aspects for others. If there are spoilers, one should say there are spoilers included.

I personally think we can leave it in the hands of the members. If someone is going to ruin things, I'm sure you can get the jist before you go on reading the topic. "So in the end..." I'd stop reading there.

Personally, I pop my Halo games in as soon as I get them. I play the campaign as long as possible until I beat it. I don't go onto sites because I am intrigued by the new game and must play it. I can't possibly take a break from the campaign to check in on here. :3

lets gets this striaght now, i am ok with spoilers before the game actually comes out, but i hate spoilers after people have beat the campaign.

I am proposing the idea of blocking all topics about the halo 4 campaign for little while after the game is released. I think there should be like a 4 week cushion from the time halo 4 is released til members can post topics about the halo 4 campaign. I plan on visiting this site before i finish the campaign, and i would hate to get it spoiled. I want to be able to view the halo 4 section without seeing a whole page of topics about the ending of the campaign. This cushion would give players time to finish the campaign(considering a lot of members will be in school during november) and it would prevent spilers

as i said, i dont want to come on this site, go to the halo 4 section, and find a whole page of topics that spoil half the campaign for me. The cushion seems like a good way to prevent spoilers for the first few weeks, and by the end of it, i assume most people would have finished the campaign. If people support this idea, we can get the mods to put tthis into action

what are everyones thoughts on this??

if its possible to control and organize spoilers, i dont see why it would be a problem to do so.

Best thread EVER. :) I hate those kind of spoilers. Once you've seen them, they can't be unseen and it practically ruins your element of suprise and you know what to expect. There's no real exciting feeling in it when you know what's coming. :/