Whole New Looks for the Spartans ??

Victory Element

in halo 4, we're going to be seeing a lot of new armor and remakes of older armor. But they seem to have a whole new appearance that we have never seen before. I was talking to a guy on xbox live, and he said he didnt like the way halo 4 looks because the spartans dont even look like spartans. .....Now that i think about it, he is right in a way. I dont think the new armor looks bad, but it just doesnt look like a spartan would be wearing it.If you were to compare a pic of a spartan from halo 4 to pics of spartans from the other halo games, it would hard to see any resemblence. The new looks seem very foreign, but i do think they look cool. It just doesnt seem to have that "classic halo look".

would you guys prefer to have more of a classic halo look, or do think the new armor is better looking??

• Like 2

Well the spartan's look and graphics have been advanced more and I mean some people want something new, some people don't. To me they still look like spartans and it's still got that "halo look" and to me it's still halo and I don't think that will change my love for it... just my opinion.

• Like 3

It has a certain "asian" feel to them... Ill get used to it but I wish the customization was so diversere i could get a exsact replica of my Reach spartan. I know that basically impossible but right now I just don'e see the customization being that diverse. It'd be cool if they did some character "skins" to like add all of noble team MC from halo CE and CEA then halo 2, 3 and just random cool stuff like that.

Take a seat and grab a cup of coffee.

First, this is Halo 4. It is a new game. Just like Halo 2, we see the Spartan players have a significant change in style. Except in this Halo, we can change everything about our Spartan.

In all reality, these are Spartan IV's. Their armor is going to be a bit different. They serve different purposes than Spartan II's and III's. They are more expendable and cheaper.

Besides, these are Soldiers, not super-models. Why does something have to look great to be great? The war vehicles and machines the U.S. uses right now aren't all pretty, are they?

Last but not least, I still see the same Gold visor, unarmored joints, and big bad Spartans as I saw in other Halos. Really, when have the Spartans not changed? Halo 1 to 2, and 3 to Reach. I think they still look like my favorite fear-inducing Spartans from the past, just more modern.

• Like 1

See the change can be contributed to several key factors.

The first is, TIME, it has been several years since the end of Halo 3, the UNSC would be researching better tech for there spartans, thus the new designs.

The second is that these are Spartan 4's, these new generation of Spartans would require different armour for post war situations.

Thirdly, this new Halo is being developed by 343 not Bungie. 343 would be trying to stamp there identity into these new Halo's, while keeping a familiar feeling.

Personally i love these new Armour Designs. It looks more functional then previous armours.

Not looking at it from a Halo Verse canon aspect, but when Halo CE was introduced, it was supposed to be futuristic and push the boundaries of the sci-fi fps. As Halo 2, 3, and Reach came out, all of the aspects that made Halo Halo began to look the same and not stray far from one another. Now with 343i taking controll, they are trying to return Halo to its roots of pushing the boundaries of a sci-fi fps. I agree that some of the armor looks stupid, but some of it looks cool too, I just wont use the stupid armor.

• Like 2

i have already understood all of the REASONS for the changes of the armor. I just want to OPINIONS on it. A lot of the posts here have all of the obvious reasons why, but i just want to know what people think about them.

also to clarify, i am not complaining about the new armor in any way. I think some of it looks very cool, but it is a whole new style compared to the other halos

The more colorfull and weird art style on the Spartan's don't really bother me...I mean, I don't like things to look stupid, but the Spartans arent so zany looking that they are dumb. If anything, a more alien and curvy kinda armor is to be expected from the Spartans since they represent the highest technological achievement of a race which has spent thirty years fighting aliens. So its only natural that the UNSC would be influenced heavily by the Covenant and thats what I'm seeing with the new Spartans.

i dont think the post is so much about why there is a new armor design, but how much the design has deviated from the past, for better or worse. Throughout the years, the spartan design has become somewhat less rugged and huge, getting smaller and more agile, as weapon designs do as they age. Some prefer playing as the old hulking green monster that the first 3 Halos gave us, but 343 is going to give us a sleek, efficient warrior to play around in. Despite everyone's tastes, this is still Halo and we still play as spartans.

PS: the Locus helmet looks absolutely sick!

I think the Crysis style to the armor really makes it look like it augments the user's strength. In past Halo's, the armor looked like an armored Astronaut, Cosmonaut, etc. I love the realistic approach to things. The armors look like they serve their purposes this time.

Example: Hazop actually looks like it might protect you from toxicity. (Ugly too.)

i dont know if anyone else shares my opinion, but ithink the armor makes them look like Power Rangers. :laughing: I dont mean to insult the armor or power rangers, its just something that i thought about

Halo4MightApeRaptorVenatorArmorPre-order.jpgranger_splash_01.jpg

and no, i am not a member on this RangerCentral.com thing :P i just used google images

Personally the Venator/Raptor combo is not very good looking. Even the Hazop armor is a little weird looking. But I like the CIO and Gunginir and other armors seen so far. The Inclusion of skins is also cool and some look pretty sweet. I really like the pulse and web skins

To me it looks like they had a few people design all the armor. Each person sketched it out their way and they added all of their cool features together. But their "cool" features don't work well together and it just looks like an ugly mess. There are impractical grooves, edges, spikes, etc. on everything that bugs me.

Whoever made the default armor though did a good job.