Halo 4 Limite Edition Not Really Limited

Tallgeese

So when Reach launched the Legendray Edition was supposed to be very limited and yet it could be found everywhere even after launch. Bungie and Micro$oft were scolded by the community for not making it limited enough. This time around Frankie and the 343i team said that the LE would truly be limited this time around. However, it seems like the LE is still not limited enough. If they truly wanted the LE to be limited they should have stoped taking pr-orders after ComicCon ended.

What do you all think?

• Like 1

i dont think it needs to be limited at all. its just a way of saying "hahaha. I have it and you dont" once the game actually comes out. Halo has a large community and i think the whole community should able to have access to the LE if they want. Also, if they dont limit it, it can bring in a larger profit for 343i and microsoft by making it easily available for consumers. I have wanted to per-order the LE since it was announced, but i havent had the chance to yet(my parents are holding me back :wallbash: ). I would be so dissapointed if i wasnt able to get the LE because it was all reserved by the time i got to preorder it

• Like 4

I think nearly every LE game is still out after it is released.......Why are you bringing this up about halo? :L

They want to make sales, and if they have the LE out for longer, they will have more sales, if they keep it out all the time, more people will buy it.

Simple.

• Like 1

I think nearly every LE game is still out after it is released.......Why are you bringing this up about halo? :L

They want to make sales, and if they have the LE out for longer, they will have more sales, if they keep it out all the time, more people will buy it.

Simple.

spot on, money makes the world go around. thats all it is about

Simple.

Exactly, profit and sales can benefit from having it available.

I don't really understand the problem. Now everyone who wants to have a Limited Edition can have one. There's nobody who wanted a Limited Edition who'll be left upset that they could only get the standard one, and who'll be frustrated that they can't get all the cool stuff that comes with it (new stuff at the start, character models/colour schemes, DLC passes, whatever). Having plenty of them just means if you want a Limited Edition, you can have one. That's it.

The only real reason I can see people opposing this is those people who pre-ordered early not liking the idea of someone else having the same stuff as them. It's like some sort of superiority complex: "I won't be happy just because I have the Limited Edition, I'll only be happy if you don't have it."

• Like 1

I don't really understand the problem. Now everyone who wants to have a Limited Edition can have one. There's nobody who wanted a Limited Edition who'll be left upset that they could only get the standard one, and who'll be frustrated that they can't get all the cool stuff that comes with it (new stuff at the start, character models/colour schemes, DLC passes, whatever). Having plenty of them just means if you want a Limited Edition, you can have one. That's it.

The only real reason I can see people opposing this is those people who pre-ordered early not liking the idea of someone else having the same stuff as them. It's like some sort of superiority complex: "I won't be happy just because I have the Limited Edition, I'll only be happy if you don't have it."

Exactly. Like those who ask a question/opinions and only want an answer they can provide. The reason is all about profit and business strategy.
  • Like 1

Only "complaining" because the LE is supposed to be called Limited for a reason...Frankie has already stated that the dlc from the Le, Console Bundle, Controller, and pre-orders will probably be in a pack later after launch, so whats the point of a LE if some of the exclusive items will be available for everyone later? If you decided to spend a little more on the LE, or Console, etc. you deserve to be one of those people who sports the exclusives.

Only "complaining" because the LE is supposed to be called Limited for a reason...Frankie has already stated that the dlc from the Le, Console Bundle, Controller, and pre-orders will probably be in a pack later after launch, so whats the point of a LE if some of the exclusive items will be available for everyone later? If you decided to spend a little more on the LE, or Console, etc. you deserve to be one of those people who sports the exclusives.

They'll presumably have to spend money on buying the stuff that you already have, and you'll presumably get some physical stuff that they won't (art books, soundtrack CD, free DLC downloads, etc.), so it probably balances out. Plus, you get exclusive access to all of it early.

If you want the physical stuff, only people who buy the Limited Edition will get that, so there's no problem there. If you don't want that, why are you buying the Limited Edition anyway?

• Like 1

They'll presumably have to spend money on buying the stuff that you already have, and you'll presumably get some physical stuff that they won't (art books, soundtrack CD, free DLC downloads, etc.), so it probably balances out. Plus, you get exclusive access to all of it early.

If you want the physical stuff, only people who buy the Limited Edition will get that, so there's no problem there. If you don't want that, why are you buying the Limited Edition anyway?

Exactly. It's all about getting it early. I can't see why they should stop the LE after SDCC, and gain no more profit. I'm probably going to order it in late August. Not everyone pre-ordered it in January.

• Like 2

It doesn't really matter how rare the item is. If it is 150 bucks then it is a legendary buy.

Totally agree. It costs too much for just a game... but this isn't just a game. ITS HALO MADARFACARS

Well the OP does have a point in that calling it Limited Edition is stupid. "Limited" to me means that you have to order fast and early to get a copy. "Legendary Edition" or "Mythic Edition" would be more suitable. I do not see the reasoning for the complaint, however. I think that it is a good thing that anybody who wants one can have one. Maybe you decide that you want the extra content and collector's edition casing and everything... but you decide late on in the preordering process. Should you be punished for not being completely sure right out of the gate?

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so my first thought when i read this post was "..Wat?"

Now that the fog has cleared, i can tell you that i don't care one bit. There will be people who have the LE and people who have the SE. And there will probably be more people with SE. So as long as SE players outnumber LE players, the LE is limited enough.