Gametype Ideas?

BigMartin58

With the ability to basically make it however you want, which is what 343 said, what are some ideas that you guys can think of for different gametypes. It could be anything. Use your imagination. I want to hear some creative ideas. Don't just limit it to things that were possible in past games. Go for it!

• Like 1

I want to see origional 2 Flag CTF removed. It isn't very competitive and sucks. It should be 1 Flag CTF with rounds but it's different, if your attacking then when you capture the flag, you can still capture more flags until the time limit ends for that round. And only have 2 rounds per match.

Clans vs Clans (each clan is divided into 80 player companies that compete against other rival companies in a story-driven series of matches spanning throuhout several different maps. Whoever wins a match will directly influence the development of the war between the two clans. The winning clan gains all of the technology, upgrades and armor permutations from the previous clan, as well as the bases that it captured. The series taks place throughout the galaxy, and each clan holds a number of planets, which it can expand by attacking other clans, or "rebel/UNSC factions."

there are a lot of possible VIP variants that can be done. Like everyone has magnums and stickies, while the VIPs carry turrets and have overshields.

I also have a game mode that i've never seen in any game before. I dont exactly have a name for it, but it goes like this: each player has a number or color. You are given another number as your target, and someone else has you as a target at the same time. once you eliminate your target, you are assigned their previous target. You can kill other players, but you only get points for killing your target. It ends once there is one man standing

i also like the D-Day sort of custom games, where theres like a beach or something and one team has to advance further into the land. Power weapons and vehicles scattered everywhere. I'm talking more about a custom game, not like invasion

• Like 1

I want a gamemode where every player starts off dual-wielding Rocket Launchers and Shotguns. Player movement speed is at 125%, jump height is 150%, and gravity is at 50%. Player colours go through all the colours of the rainbow, changing every second, and everyone gets the 'Birthday Party' skull enabled. Occasionally a Custom powerup appears on the map which halves your damage and puts a waypoint over your head for everyone else to see, but gives you five times as many points for every kill you get. After the match you get no exp or credits whatsoever.

• Like 1

I want a gamemode where every player starts off dual-wielding Rocket Launchers and Shotguns. Player movement speed is at 125%, jump height is 150%, and gravity is at 50%. Player colours go through all the colours of the rainbow, changing every second, and everyone gets the 'Birthday Party' skull enabled. Occasionally a Custom powerup appears on the map which halves your damage and puts a waypoint over your head for everyone else to see, but gives you five times as many points for every kill you get. After the match you get no exp or credits whatsoever.

toooo confusing.....

HOCKEY V2!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they made it so the golf ball did fly as high it would be 10 times better

I also have a game mode that i've never seen in any game before. I dont exactly have a name for it, but it goes like this: each player has a number or color. You are given another number as your target, and someone else has you as a target at the same time. once you eliminate your target, you are assigned their previous target. You can kill other players, but you only get points for killing your target. It ends once there is one man standing

That's sort of like Assassin's Creed's online modes except a bit different with the scoring. I think it would be a good idea.

Reaper Sprint- Everyone starts with an energy sword, infinite ammo, no other weapons. You basically hunt down the other members and kill them, you do respawn, but everytime you die, you permanently lose some of your defences. You lose shields first. Then you can only take half damage. And so on.............

This was possible in CE, it was called "Kill-In-Order" and it was a gametype my friends and I loved to play. On the radar, your target would appear white, while everyone else was the normal red, and you had to track them down. It didn't give you their target to kill next, I don't think, though I never delved into it that deeply to see if that was how it worked.

This was possible in CE, it was called "Kill-In-Order" and it was a gametype my friends and I loved to play. On the radar, your target would appear white, while everyone else was the normal red, and you had to track them down. It didn't give you their target to kill next, I don't think, though I never delved into it that deeply to see if that was how it worked.

i've never heard of that before. It would be interesting to try

I playlist thats just made for tower of power. If you dont know what this is. its form halo 2 mainly on the ascension map. Two teams would spawn on each side and run to the big tower and control it Only weapons were shotguns. pretty much the object is to keep it. i think you could add some weapon drops or something to the people controlling to help them dominate more or have a drop from the people being dominated that may just give them the upper hand.

_Prays. I miss tower of power.

I want to see origional 2 Flag CTF removed. It isn't very competitive and sucks.

That's one of the most absurd things I have ever read regarding Halo and competitive gametypes.

As for the point of the topic, maybe a king of the hill esque varient for slayer. Like there are zones, and only kills that you get while you're in the zones actually count towards your score. It would probably end up sucking but that's the best my brain can come up with at the moment.

• Like 2

Maybe. With the new clan features that 343industries confirmed to be expanding, there's probably going to be room for a gametype like this.

Is there any chance of a link to this? I would love a clan system in halo 4.