•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (22 October 2019 - 03:01 AM) Welcome to the forums, Randaldix! :welcome: View Randaldix's Profile
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (21 October 2019 - 02:55 PM) ye once ur a carrot the next ur salami
@  343iBot : (21 October 2019 - 12:27 PM) Welcome to the forums, Florentg! :welcome: View Florentg's Profile
@  343iBot : (21 October 2019 - 05:14 AM) Welcome to the forums, DimonaCet! :welcome: View DimonaCet's Profile
@  343iBot : (20 October 2019 - 10:33 PM) Welcome to the forums, Luhidorfu! :welcome: View Luhidorfu's Profile
@  343iBot : (20 October 2019 - 04:31 PM) Welcome to the forums, scwz! :welcome: View scwz's Profile
@  BATMAN : (19 October 2019 - 08:53 PM) Funny how things change over the years, eh?
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (19 October 2019 - 05:54 PM) nu uh, i tel ui to nut do
@  Vitamin Pwn : (19 October 2019 - 04:52 PM) you're not my supervisor, you dont tell me what to do
@  Maestro : (19 October 2019 - 12:36 PM) friendly reminder to report spambots :)
@  343iBot : (19 October 2019 - 10:17 AM) Welcome to the forums, AnthonyKetle! :welcome: View AnthonyKetle's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 October 2019 - 10:17 AM) Welcome to the forums, AnthonyKetle! :welcome: View AnthonyKetle's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 October 2019 - 08:24 AM) Welcome to the forums, NormanSof! :welcome: View NormanSof's Profile
@  Jack Of Harts : (19 October 2019 - 08:15 AM) Heyo
@  Akali : (18 October 2019 - 09:11 AM) @UNSC Spartan-II Thanks Boiiii. Throat is gone now though
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 October 2019 - 04:31 PM) @Zaguroth Hey man! How's it going?
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 October 2019 - 04:30 PM) @Akali Ok thanks, happy birthday bro <3
@  343iBot : (17 October 2019 - 09:38 AM) Welcome to the forums, ThomasBrin! :welcome: View ThomasBrin's Profile
@  343iBot : (16 October 2019 - 09:50 PM) Welcome to the forums, Cindygarie! :welcome: View Cindygarie's Profile
@  Akali : (16 October 2019 - 06:30 PM) @Jack Of Harts In terms of response or people? I'd say yes to both

Photo

Lets Predict... Infinity's Armory REQs (Blurred)

Halo 5 REQs Infinitys Armory January Update

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 TDM

TDM

King of the Disappearing Act

• Dedicated Members
  • 544 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:Fox Is My Main
  • LocationThe 343i Community Forum
4    5          2         

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:22 AM

jan-cu-req-poster_preview-923c0a2e085045

With the Infinity's Armor update just around the corner, let's all take a moment to try and predict what all the blurred Requisitions are in the photo above!

I'll post my list, and feel free to agree / disagree with me on any item.

Armor (skins):

Two Atlas Variants

One Gungnir Variant

One Stalker Variant

Weapon (skins):

Vault Boy Colored Skins

Wolf Magnum

Boomco. Assault Rifle Blaster

Orange Flame Skins (?)

'Murica Skin

Scratched Magnum Skin

Visor:

Something that resembles Olympia Vale's visor

Stances: 

Stance 1: Holding Spartan Laser, ready to assault.

Stance 2: Holding an AR, posed as if walking into the battlefield.

Assassinations: 

Assassination 1: They try to attack you, but you counter and make them stab themselves.

Assassination 2: Something reminiscent of the classic Red vs. Blue "Grif in a headlock".

Warzone Weapons: 

Mythic Battle Rifle - Probably a Halo 2 or Halo 3 Variant

Two Carbine Variants - One acting like a Needle Rifle

Emblems: 

I have no idea. :P

Alright everyone, that's my list. 

What do you all think? Any different opinions?

Source of photo: https://www.halowayp...rmory-preview-2

Edited by Weiss Schnee, 16 January 2016 - 11:23 AM.

QgRQ99P.png

#2 Fishy

Fishy

HTA Co-Founder

• Legendary Members
  • 2,416 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:Seraph Fishy
         7                7       2            

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:47 AM

Whatever they are, I will have them all within a few days.

#3 Unease Peanut

Unease Peanut

Nuts

• Legendary Members
  • 2,447 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Unease Peanut
  • LocationOn your left... If you dont see me turn another 90 degrees to your left and keep repeating this process until you see me
5       11             5                        

Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:10 PM

Even more useless Emblems to slow me down on my way to FOTUS....

Posted Image

"Demons run when a good man goes to war"

#4 Guts

Guts

The Black Swordsman

• Dedicated Members
  • 971 posts
Inspiring
  • LocationIreland
7    6                  

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:37 PM

It's kind of obvious, skins, emblems, assassinations and armour. All of which will be either good or terrible.

Those top 3 look like new pistols and I want them to be.

berserk_guts_forum_signature_by_edd000-d

#5 I_Make_Big_Boom

I_Make_Big_Boom

The Prophet of No Ragrets

• Art Group
  • 1,563 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:SelfDestruct217
7             9                      2      

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:30 PM

I predict 343 changing MK V, or releasing a new variant to better resemble the original after buckling from pressure, or AKA fan whining.

"DA MK V IS CRIMSON CHIN"

"Make 5, th visoors, they aint big nuff to cutt stufs wit??"

I'm making a game: https://twitter.com/joe_winfree

#6 BATMAN

BATMAN

Exørcist

• Dedicated Members
  • 419 posts
Dedicated

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:07 PM

.... Okay, I'll admit it..

I think I might like Mark IV more than Mark V in Halo 5... I.. I honestly can't believe I'm saying it..

#7 I_Make_Big_Boom

I_Make_Big_Boom

• Art Group
  • 1,563 posts
Heroic

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:24 PM

.... Okay, I'll admit it..

I think I might like Mark IV more than Mark V in Halo 5... I.. I honestly can't believe I'm saying it..

I appreciate 343 attempting to deviate with this version. MK V has been around since the beginning, and the general structure has as well. Sure, fans want the armor to be as true to the original as possible, but this leaves it stagnant. It cannot continue to evolve that way. I'll ask this question: what would've happened if Chief's MK VI armor stayed exactly the same as it did in Halo 3 going into Halo 4? Halo 2 going into Halo 3? Halo: CE going into Halo 2?

Whether or not it needs to change is up to debate, but I personally was getting sick of the original: just like the SPNKr.

Edited by Self Destruct, 16 January 2016 - 11:25 PM.

#8 Maestro

Maestro

Psychotic Ninja of the USF

• Forge Group
  • 754 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:Maestro9318
  • LocationA Land of Fire and Ice
         4       3      

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:07 AM

I don't see anything that looks like a Gravity Hammer in there... I am disappoint.

ZAO0DB9.png

Got Super Mario Maker? Share your level codes here!

Mayor of 343i City

#9 Unease Peanut

Unease Peanut

Nuts

• Legendary Members
  • 2,447 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Unease Peanut
  • LocationOn your left... If you dont see me turn another 90 degrees to your left and keep repeating this process until you see me
5       11             5                        

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:19 AM

@sans That should be coming with Grifball in February possibly

Posted Image

"Demons run when a good man goes to war"

#10 RedStarRocket91

RedStarRocket91

Secord's Protégé

• Legendary Members
  • 2,223 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:RedStarRocket91
  • LocationThe Highlands
   4                3                           

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:32 AM

I appreciate 343 attempting to deviate with this version. MK V has been around since the beginning, and the general structure has as well. Sure, fans want the armor to be as true to the original as possible, but this leaves it stagnant. It cannot continue to evolve that way. I'll ask this question: what would've happened if Chief's MK VI armor stayed exactly the same as it did in Halo 3 going into Halo 4? Halo 2 going into Halo 3? Halo: CE going into Halo 2?

Whether or not it needs to change is up to debate, but I personally was getting sick of the original: just like the SPNKr.

The thing is, though, that if you're getting sick of the old armour and want something new - why not go for one of the hundreds of other armour pieces available? For a lot of players (myself included), the fact that the Mark V is in an older visual style, and that it doesn't look like any of the newer stuff, is exactly what makes it so appealing. It's like an old friend, or a well-worn shirt - not necessarily the shiniest or flashiest thing, but something which helps define your identity, and not something you'd want to be replaced or changed. So seeing the Mark V get what amounts to a fairly substantial visual update is a little... disconcerting, and seems to be just another symptom of 343i's desire to make changes seemingly for their own sake.

Also, as an aside - there's no way they're going to change it. THE REQ system, their ideology of quantity over quality, general contempt for player opinions and feedback, and the fact that modelling takes time and they seem intent on taking as lazy an approach as possible to post-launch content means they've probably already forgotten about it and started working on another set of REQ trash for you to spend real money gambling on.

Verbosity is not a crime.

#11 BATMAN

BATMAN

Exørcist

• Dedicated Members
  • 419 posts
Dedicated

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:18 PM

The thing is, though, that if you're getting sick of the old armour and want something new - why not go for one of the hundreds of other armour pieces available? For a lot of players (myself included), the fact that the Mark V is in an older visual style, and that it doesn't look like any of the newer stuff, is exactly what makes it so appealing. It's like an old friend, or a well-worn shirt - not necessarily the shiniest or flashiest thing, but something which helps define your identity, and not something you'd want to be replaced or changed. So seeing the Mark V get what amounts to a fairly substantial visual update is a little... disconcerting, and seems to be just another symptom of 343i's desire to make changes seemingly for their own sake.

Also, as an aside - there's no way they're going to change it. THE REQ system, their ideology of quantity over quality, general contempt for player opinions and feedback, and the fact that modelling takes time and they seem intent on taking as lazy an approach as possible to post-launch content means they've probably already forgotten about it and started working on another set of REQ trash for you to spend real money gambling on.

I think I love you because you understand why I love Mark V in every other Halo game (even Reach, which made it look more feminine [at least to the best of my ability to describe it] and H4, which looked kinda awkward next to the other armors).

And honestly, my predictions for every REQ in existence is that all your needlers are belong to me, forever goblinface.

#12 TDM

TDM

• Dedicated Members
  • 544 posts
Inspiring
4    5          2         

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:37 PM

Oh, I just want to note- If I get half of these predictions correct, I want a reward.

QgRQ99P.png

#13 I_Make_Big_Boom

I_Make_Big_Boom

• Art Group
  • 1,563 posts
Heroic

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:28 PM

The thing is, though, that if you're getting sick of the old armour and want something new - why not go for one of the hundreds of other armour pieces available? For a lot of players (myself included), the fact that the Mark V is in an older visual style, and that it doesn't look like any of the newer stuff, is exactly what makes it so appealing. It's like an old friend, or a well-worn shirt - not necessarily the shiniest or flashiest thing, but something which helps define your identity, and not something you'd want to be replaced or changed. So seeing the Mark V get what amounts to a fairly substantial visual update is a little... disconcerting, and seems to be just another symptom of 343i's desire to make changes seemingly for their own sake.

Deciding what to wear is a nightmare. Artistically, armor is eye-candy, and is good reference for concepts: of which I have created ALLOT. It's natural for me to like everything out of the gate. The ugliest looking thing is brimming with potential.

However, I can say without a doubt that the Halo 5 MK V is a new favorite despite my indecision. It doesn't look dated, but isn't too far gone to be considered something else entirely: like Halo 4 Rogue compared to 3's. At that point they're only connected by name. Nothing more. Having evolved doesn't immediately make it bad though. It's a tastes thing. Personally,  the Halo 4 Rogue looks like geometry gone wild, and I love it.

There are obvious visual similarities between the two MK V versions. It's fresh, and isn't a drastic departure. It's like a descendant rather than a clone, if that's a good analogy. Does that make it bad? Well if you're a purist who prefers to have the original with you in every Halo MP it does, but it's never been that way: at least for long. Halo 3 changed the design, and it was changed again in Reach. Do we count the revamp in CEA? The jump from MK V to MK VI in Halo 2? Maybe not because it's Campaign for CEA, and MK VI is excusable due to it being an "upgrade". Still. MK V has been through multiple changes, so it's not something coming out of the blue.

Plus, there are multiple versions of the same armor lines in Halo 5. Helljumper & Nightfall? Commando & Noble? MK VI & MK VI Scarred? They didn't abandon Bungie's legacy entirely (343's vision is hella different from Bungie's, I admit). They even dropped in an OG SPNKr, Security, and MK IV (speaking of SPNKr, I have an inkling they decided to include it because of backlash despite what you may say). What could possibly come next? If the fanservice is any indication, I predict we'll be seeing allot more legacy things this year. Also, they DID import most of the Halo 4 armors into 5. Seems like a no-brainer. Is it too far fetched to think they'll just haul over the Halo 4 version into 5 as a named variant?

#14 Fishy

Fishy

HTA Co-Founder

• Legendary Members
  • 2,416 posts
Legendary

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:33 PM

Stop Stabbing Yourself:

2993652-assassination1.gif

Wind Up:

2993651-assassination.gif

Also, 2 new Carbine's. One's the Needle Rifle

2993667-3.png

2993666-2.png

Also, Achilles is only available through Spartan Company commendations. It is not in a Gold-Silver REQ pack.

Source

Edited by Fishy, 20 January 2016 - 02:43 PM.

#15 TDM

TDM

• Dedicated Members
  • 544 posts
Inspiring
4    5          2         

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:07 PM

Stop Stabbing Yourself looks all too familiar to one of the defaults, now that I look closely. :s

QgRQ99P.png

#16 I_Make_Big_Boom

I_Make_Big_Boom

• Art Group
  • 1,563 posts
Heroic

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:43 PM

Spartans can do this kind of crap to each other, and people wonder why the Chief / Locke fight was so slow.

To add onto my previous comment made to RSR: They're calling the new MK V "MK V Alpha". I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a skin, but doesn't that indicate there will possibly be multiple versions of MK V? Why would they call it V Alpha instead of just MK V?

Think about it... what if they brought back MK V[B], and named it Beta?

Edited by Self Destruct, 20 January 2016 - 07:43 PM.

#17 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

Loyal Stormtrooper of the First Order

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Caboose The Ace
  • LocationStarkiller Base
11                      2         

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:24 AM

Spartans can do this kind of crap to each other, and people wonder why the Chief / Locke fight was so slow.

To add onto my previous comment made to RSR: They're calling the new MK V "MK V Alpha". I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a skin, but doesn't that indicate there will possibly be multiple versions of MK V? Why would they call it V Alpha instead of just MK V?

Think about it... what if they brought back MK V[B], and named it Beta?

The only explanation I can think of is that Chief and Locke were trying to be non lethal and when was the last time Chief or Locke did that?

Probably never, especially for Chief who could have easily killed Locke by accident. :) 

tumblr_inline_o0lut5Boyj1qz9e28_500.gif

#18 Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime

Stormedge 01

• Dedicated Members
  • 647 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:Axilus Prime
  • LocationSaipan

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:08 AM

Caboose is right, they were trying to be non-lethal and it was so slow because we had never seen them do that before.

Posted Image
Credit to Jack of Harts for the sig.

#19 Fishy

Fishy

HTA Co-Founder

• Legendary Members
  • 2,416 posts
Legendary

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:11 AM

Here's everything, you guys. Warning: Images are kinda big.

Spoiler

Rain of Oblivion: Uncommon - The Rain of Oblivion's grip has been held by a thousand heroes and a hundred villains. Upgraded Carbine with fully automatic action and extended magazine.

Blood of Suban: Rare - The genius and talent of the artisan-armorers on Suban is only matched by their newfound avarice. Advanced Carbine that fires armor-piercing Needler shards. If multiple shards quickly strike a target they will create a "supercombine" explosion.

Achilles Armor Set: Armor: Only Spartans who have mastered themselves, bound their wrath and passion within a shell of hyperdense steel fueled by starfire, are granted access to the ACHILLES. Lesser warriors will lose themselves in a storm of blood.

To receive this armor your Spartan Company must achieve Level 3 in all Kill Commendations.

Helmet: The AI that lies within the branching lattice of the ACHILLES' neural interface gnaws at the mind of its partner. No Spartan can stand alone against its urgings of unbridled excess, but through bonds of loyalty and duty they can be held at bay.

Spartan Companies must achieve Level 5 in all Kill Commendations to receive this helmet.

Halo 2 BR: The very first BR in Halo history, it IS forgeable. So if you have a Halo 2 remake map, replace them with these. :P

Edited by Fishy, 21 January 2016 - 02:16 AM.

#20 BaconShelf

BaconShelf

I don't know what to put here

• Dedicated Members
  • 2,371 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:BaconShelf
  • LocationSomewhere, Everywhere, Anywhere and Nowhere. And everything inbetween.
2          2         

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:35 PM

What a pitiful update.

Halo Lore fanatic, purveyor of dank maymays

My writing hub, the Imperial Archive Network

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 5, REQs, Infinitys Armory, January, Update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users