•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (19 September 2019 - 06:13 AM) Welcome to the forums, SmokerNivw878! :welcome: View SmokerNivw878's Profile
@  Halo6 Follower : (18 September 2019 - 06:31 AM) Can't complain here, how're you going, Spartan?
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 September 2019 - 02:03 PM) Hope everyone's been well.
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 September 2019 - 02:03 PM) SB still seems dead unfortunately, and the spambots are still incoming it appears. XD
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 September 2019 - 02:02 PM) Hey fam <3
@  343iBot : (16 September 2019 - 09:55 PM) Welcome to the forums, orovavoqo! :welcome: View orovavoqo's Profile
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (16 September 2019 - 02:47 PM) i miss bnuts
@  343iBot : (16 September 2019 - 04:08 AM) Welcome to the forums, ekeukoiqivipo! :welcome: View ekeukoiqivipo's Profile
@  343iBot : (16 September 2019 - 12:52 AM) Welcome to the forums, utenoyiyico! :welcome: View utenoyiyico's Profile
@  343iBot : (15 September 2019 - 11:10 PM) Welcome to the forums, ucipujzerol! :welcome: View ucipujzerol's Profile
@  Jack Of Harts : (14 September 2019 - 06:26 PM) @Mr Kittens and Gibberish Hopefully LMAO
@  Mr Kittens a... : (14 September 2019 - 03:58 PM) Just you wait.
@  Mr Kittens a... : (14 September 2019 - 03:58 PM) @Jack Of Harts It'll happen.
@  Mr Kittens a... : (14 September 2019 - 03:58 PM) Well howdy folks.
@  Melody : (14 September 2019 - 11:23 AM) :/
@  Halo6 Follower : (13 September 2019 - 07:41 PM) :((
@  Jack Of Harts : (13 September 2019 - 04:55 PM) I hope one day, to be able to catch someone in the shoutbox and have a conversation.
@  Jack Of Harts : (13 September 2019 - 04:52 PM) @Twinreaper Hey I've been doing alright thanks.
@  Jack Of Harts : (13 September 2019 - 04:51 PM) @Bnus You too, mate <3 <3
@  343iBot : (13 September 2019 - 12:39 PM) Welcome to the forums, ikdeqosaw! :welcome: View ikdeqosaw's Profile

Photo

Halo 5 Cover Art Revealed!

Halo 5: Guardians Cover Art Locke Master Chief Blue Team

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 VinWarrior

VinWarrior

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,494 posts
Heroic
7          2                              

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:15 PM

Heart-pounding information is surfacing today as the final cover art for Halo 5: Guardians has been deciphered thanks to a dedicated community. 

In the words of a wise Reddit user, "I WANT TO GET OFF 343S WILD RIDE!" It seems their roller coaster of new plot twists is speeding up with a new cover art photo that was pieced together by the community. Xbox's YouTube.com has a video of the new key art, which in this video, seems more like an animation than anything. The official description on Xbox Wire states that, "We’re proud to release the final cover art for Halo 5: Guardians, including a special video version that highlights the Spartan fireteams that play a crucial role." From the image, it seems Master Chief has partnered with Blue Team, Fred, Linda, and Kelly to chase down whatever they're after on Sangheilios and go rogue. Locke's team is a bit more vague, we know that the far right Spartan is Buck, due to his ODST armour and combat knife, which likely means the other male Spartan is Romeo, since the two were transferred together. The female with the slick looking armour however can either be Tanaka, from Escalation, or Macer, from Nightfall. Xbox Wire tells us to stay tuned for more details on the mysteries of #HUNTtheTRUTH and that during E3, the game will officially premiere.

Attached File  Halo5_KeyArt_Horiz_Final.jpg   177.83KB   7 downloads

Attached File  halo5thepredator.jpg   100.7KB   6 downloads

Attached File  halo5theprey.jpg   90.43KB   7 downloads

It seems that while the holy lords over at 343 Industries have granted us new details, they have also opened up many loose threads and have inquired more questions. One thing is certain, E3 2015 is going to be massive for Halo fans around the world. What are your thoughts on each team, who do you think is part of Locke's squad? Let me know down below! Thanks for everything Halo fans, keep hunting the truth.

This post has been promoted to an article

Posted Image

#2 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,039 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:LL Kool D
6       2       2                        

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:18 PM

Thank you for making a formal news article about this. The pics are astounding. I can't wait until we get more hints as to who is definitely on Locke's team: Team Locke-and-Load. Blue Team is my new background.

"And for the record, I would've kicked your *** the first time if the lady hadn't stopped me."

#3 rrhuntington

rrhuntington

Schpy

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,147 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:EVOL SPARTAN ll
  • LocationOn the Ark. Still awaiting EVAC ya' know?

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:31 PM

Where, When, and (mostly) Who has been answered.

Now the big question, is WHY? Why is Sanghellios Burning? Why is the Big Bird there on Sanghellios? Why is Master Chief there? What's with all these questions?

Gud News EK. Cool posters too.

You're like a car crash in slow motion. It's like, I'm watchin' you fly through a windshield.

You'll Feel a Searing Pain for 21 Deaths

tumblr_o5ugz56RXu1u6023bo9_500.gif

#4 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,039 posts
Legendary
6       2       2                        

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:33 PM

Now the big question, is WHY? Why is Sanghellios Burning? Why is the Big Bird there on Sanghellios? Why is Master Chief there? What's with all these questions?

It's been confirmed that that is actually not the same construct we saw in the 2013 reveal teaser. 

Hoping for a mech-bird vs giant possible Guardian fight.

"And for the record, I would've kicked your *** the first time if the lady hadn't stopped me."

#5 Fishy

Fishy

HTA Co-Founder

• Legendary Members
  • 2,416 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:Seraph Fishy
         7                7       2            

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:36 PM

Gud News EK. Cool posters too.

Master Chief made a deal with the devil.

Remember when Locke said: "All hail the conquering hero. Let us remember him as our protector and not the one who gave us... this."

Also, remember in Nightfall they never did discover if the Covenant broke the treaty or not. So what if they did?

=================

Also I don't remember Romeo being turned into a Spartan. I thought he was still an ODST. 

Also, notice how Locke's team is on John and Blue Team is on Locke? This might be to match their visors, but still placed weird.

#6 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,039 posts
Legendary
6       2       2                        

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:51 PM

Also I don't remember Romeo being turned into a Spartan. I thought he was still an ODST. 

Also, notice how Locke's team is on John and Blue Team is on Locke? This might be to match their visors, but still placed weird.

Haven't watched Nightfall yet so I can't weigh in there but as for the rest: Romeo joined the Spartan IV program with Mickey and Buck in New Blood following certain circumstances.

Spoiler

I believe the placing of the team's within the opposite side's leaders is just clever placement by 343i symobolizing that there is no true good or evil side - two sides to every story.

#7 Silent Orbis

Silent Orbis

Venom Snake

• Dedicated Members
  • 527 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:Dezert Fuze
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:40 PM

They have their own squads!? I see a beautiful co-op campaign guys... It's coming. It's coming. Some sort of big reveal with that. :)

gallery_29121_513_2552.png

#8 Unease Peanut

Unease Peanut

Nuts

• Legendary Members
  • 2,447 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Unease Peanut
  • LocationOn your left... If you dont see me turn another 90 degrees to your left and keep repeating this process until you see me
5       11             5                        

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:01 AM

It would be awesome to switch between squads.

Where MC's squad goes eveything is still (kinda) intact and when Locke's squad tracks them they visit the same locations but destroyed by MC's squad finding clues H3: ODST style.

Also squads of 4 make 4 player co-op a possibility without having 4 Master Chiefs or agent Locke's in one session.

Anyway, the posters look awesome!

:thumbsup: EK

Posted Image

"Demons run when a good man goes to war"

#9 Fishy

Fishy

HTA Co-Founder

• Legendary Members
  • 2,416 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:Seraph Fishy
         7                7       2            

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:49 PM

I haven't seen this posted anywhere. But here's the poster for preorder from Gamestop:

Halo-5_PreOrder_Poster_bonusLG.jpg

And here is the actual Cover Art. A tad different than posted one above: 

108668brp1.jpg

#10 Pbrabbit

Pbrabbit

The Pbrabbit

• Dedicated Members
  • 524 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:The Pbrabbit
  • LocationUSA
   3    2    2            

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:10 PM

Did not even know about this till now! It makes me so happy to know I belong to a place where I can get new gaming info :) Great Article!

73qtZJN.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 5: Guardians, Cover Art, Locke, Master Chief, Blue Team

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users