Halo 2 Chief figure another Halo 2 Anniversary hint?

Adam91

Halo Waypoint posted a tweet earlier on their twitter page which contained a picture of a Halo 2 Master Chief figure. The image was taken at this years toy fair just before they posted it.

BgnuPAOCQAA_0U5.jpg

As you can see in the image it is in fact a Halo 2 Master Chief holding a rocket launcher, as you can also see at the bottom right there is a card that tells us it contains an unlockable content code. Could this be another hint to a Halo 2 anniversary edition, could the figure be part of a special Halo 2 bundle and a code to unlock in game content?

What do you think about this, does this raise your suspicions? 

Waypoint posted other images (not halo 2 related) from the toy fair which included;

Cortana chip keychain.

UNSC Elephant troop carrier.

Electronic Mantis with wireless controller.

Figure of a cloaked Master Chief from the Halo Xbox One trailer.

Source: Halo Waypoint Twitter

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 8

attachicon.gif1609868_601179076630034_970323297_n.jpg

Soooo.... Boltshot confirmed then? :D

Nice article adam!

Seems to be but then again they are just prototypes, but the boltshot will probably remain in the sand box anyway.

H2A Baby! I believe!

Figures from past Halo games have been made before, I believe they released Halo 3 figures in the upcoming of Halo 4 so the whole thing of releasing figures from old games isn't anything new. But it still holds suspicion that it could very well be a Halo 2A promotion regarding the rumors (that have not yet been denied after 3 weeks) and such.  

Just because a figure of a Halo 2 Chief was shown off at the fair, does not mean it is Halo 2 Anniversary related.  They showed off various toys from all the games, which any logic concludes, they are releasing new toys that chronicle the series and are likely including content codes to be used for the next Halo game.

Just because a figure of a Halo 2 Chief was shown off at the fair, does not mean it is Halo 2 Anniversary related.  They showed off various toys from all the games, which any logic concludes, they are releasing new toys that chronicle the series and are likely including content codes to be used for the next Halo game.

I know it doesn't mean it's Halo 2 related, they made Halo 3 figures when Halo 4 was coming out and stuff, but if the rumors are true this could be like a promotion for it. 

They wouldn't release all these hints at a Halo 2 Anniversary for nothing. I doubt they would disappoint their fans after all the flak they got from Halo 4. That would just be a stupid thing to do, and I highly doubt 343i are that stupid. They want to please their fans as much as possible to keep them as customers for the upcoming Halo titles and if they fail to do so, no more money for 343i.

I don't like the way 343 remade chiefs armor. I think it looks nothing like what it was originally. Too much detail and too many parts. Other than that, im really pumped for the anniversary, imam pre order it :D (And is it going to be on PC?)

I don't like the way 343 remade chiefs armor. I think it looks nothing like what it was originally. Too much detail and too many parts. Other than that, im really pumped for the anniversary, imam pre order it :D (And is it going to be on PC?)

If Halo 2 anniversary is to be in the works then there's no chance of it coming to PC or the 360 because Microsoft would be wanting to sell a lot more Xbox One's and Halo 2 would do just that.

I'm very happy that Halo 2 Anniversary is going to be released sooner or later. I am very interested in the card that says "Contains Unlockable Content Code". Here's  some of the content that I think this may contain.

• Halo 4 Halo 2 Anniversary Master Chief Armor
  • Halo 4 Halo 2 Anniversary Visor
  • Halo: Reach or Halo 4 Bonus Multiplayer Map
  • Halo 4 100,000 XP code
  • Xbox LIVE Halo 2 Anniversary Avatar Prop
  • Halo 4 Armor Skin
  • Halo 2 Anniversary Xbox Theme
  • Halo 2 Anniversary Exclusive Demo
  • Halo 2 Anniversary Double XP code
  • Halo 2Anniversary Armor code
  • Halo 2 Anniversary Exclusive Camo (if Halo 2 Anniversary delivers this feature)

The halo 5 cloaked masterchief figure is a really obvious prototype, I am collector of action figures for over ten years and I am used to Mcfarlane toys' promotional items.

the boltshot has been included with an other figure and the cloak is verly big compare to the chief himself, making me thinks this just the halo 4 chief with a cloak and a boltshot, the crack in the visor looks painten, making me even feel more sure it is in fact a prototype. The other hint is that the articulation points are the same as that of the reach figure series.

Mcfarlane is known for recoloring figures, I usually go for the somewhat expensive figures themselves, I got the master chief from Play arts kai, they are by far one of the more reasonable prices figures of high qualitiy.

Pak halo4 master chief 3

Pak halo4 master chief 2

Pak halo4 master chief 1

The halo 5 cloaked masterchief figure is a really obvious prototype, I am collector of action figures for over ten years and I am used to Mcfarlane toys' promotional items.

the boltshot has been included with an other figure and the cloak is verly big compare to the chief himself, making me thinks this just the halo 4 chief with a cloak and a boltshot, the crack in the visor looks painten, making me even feel more sure it is in fact a prototype. The other hint is that the articulation points are the same as that of the reach figure series.

Mcfarlane is known for recoloring figures, I usually go for the somewhat expensive figures themselves, I got the master chief from Play arts kai, they are by far one of the more reasonable prices figures of high qualitiy.

All the images they tweeted from the toy fair are prototypes.