UPDATE - Steve Downes Retracts Statements About Halo 2 Anniversary

Adam91

I am not holding my breath over it. I will just wait and see what they have done with it or are planning to do with it. 

Exactly

I know he is the voice actor and all and I know about the NeoGAF leaks but until 343i confirms it themselves I'm not getting my hopes up. Regardless of the amount of evidence, 

Also Gamezone doesn't seem like the best outlet to confirm this. Stuff like that should be under NDA. This seems more like an attention attempt to attract traffic to site since the recent NeoGAF leaks

• Like 1

Well, this just ruined my day.

yay for 343 not realising that H2 doesn't need a remake, and not realising they're wasting their resources on this when they should be focusing on H5. Cause we all know what happened with H4...

• Like 2

yay for 343 not realising that H2 doesn't need a remake, and not realising they're wasting their resources on this when they should be focusing on H5. Cause we all know what happened with H4...

Actually you forget young one

343i didn't directly work on Halo CEA they just helped managed. They outsourced CEA to Certain Affinity and another developer. They had little to no involvement

You also got to remember as of March 2013 343i has 343 emplyees and they have been concepting Halo 5 since Halo 4 started.  

Also at E3 last year they confirmed 60 FPS and dedicated servers which means they had a working build otherwise they wouldn't state such a thing if they couldn't deliver. 

Don't forget not everyone at 343i will even help with H2A. Level designers, 3D Modelers, Playtesters, Concept Artist, Programmers, Project Leads, Story writrers, etc will focus on H5

Did we also forget Halo 4 was 343i first game? Also that since Halo 4 they have gotten a huge amount of feedback and they already have new talent and experience plus a few people from MLG have been hired as well(Ghost, Bravo, don't know the rest)

Also we know Halo 5 has been in full time development shortly after Halo 4 launched. Which is one reason why patches took so long(They weren't goofing all day they had too many split resources) Another year or 6 months of full time development only helps the game and in no way degrades the result(Unless they're completely awful idiotic developers which they're not)

• Like 3

You just made me sad face... :(

Actually you forget young one

343i didn't directly work on Halo CEA they just helped managed. They outsourced CEA to Certain Affinity and another developer. They had little to no involvement

You also got to remember as of March 2013 343i has 343 emplyees and they have been concepting Halo 5 since Halo 4 started.  

Also at E3 last year they confirmed 60 FPS and dedicated servers which means they had a working build otherwise they wouldn't state such a thing if they couldn't deliver. 

Don't forget not everyone at 343i will even help with H2A. Level designers, 3D Modelers, Playtesters, Concept Artist, Programmers, Project Leads, Story writrers, etc will focus on H5

Did we also forget Halo 4 was 343i first game? Also that since Halo 4 they have gotten a huge amount of feedback and they already have new talent and experience plus a few people from MLG have been hired as well(Ghost, Bravo, don't know the rest)

Also we know Halo 5 has been in full time development shortly after Halo 4 launched. Which is one reason why patches took so long(They weren't goofing all day they had too many split resources) Another year or 6 months of full time development only helps the game and in no way degrades the result(Unless they're completely awful idiotic developers which they're not)

If they only managed CE:A, then that's less of an excuse for why H4 was terrible in so many aspects.

343 can promise as much as they like, but may I say a few things? CSR, Spartan Ops Season 2, Dominion, BTB.

Those promised either will never come, were delayed by a long time, or were removed out of pure stupidity.

So, that 60FPS and dedicated servers means nothing to me unless they actually do it.

Sure it was their first game, but remember, they're professional game designers. If you're hired into a game company with near a near unlimited budget, you're practically expected to make a top quality game, and Halo 4 wasn't that.

Sure they accepted their faults, but what good is that when they don't fix many aspects of the game until a year later?

Halo 4 had 4 years in development was failed in keeping players, though it was a financial success. With only a few years for Halo 5 to be made, I can't see how 343 will pull off a fantastic game when they have more than one game to worry about.

• Like 2

If they only managed CE:A, then that's less of an excuse for why H4 was terrible in so many aspects.

343 can promise as much as they like, but may I say a few things? CSR, Spartan Ops Season 2, Dominion, BTB.

Those promised either will never come, were delayed by a long time, or were removed out of pure stupidity.

So, that 60FPS and dedicated servers means nothing to me unless they actually do it.

Sure it was their first game, but remember, they're professional game designers. If you're hired into a game company with near a near unlimited budget, you're practically expected to make a top quality game, and Halo 4 wasn't that.

Sure they accepted their faults, but what good is that when they don't fix many aspects of the game until a year later?

Halo 4 had 4 years in development was failed in keeping players, though it was a financial success. With only a few years for Halo 5 to be made, I can't see how 343 will pull off a fantastic game when they have more than one game to worry about.

Halo 4 was in development since sometime 2010 - 2011(From what I was told) and they still managed to make a game more acceptable then Duke Nukem Forever(Which was in development by professionals for like 11 years or something?)

Halo 4 wasn't an amazing game but not everyone in 343i was professional and shipped many games. Only 30 or less people came over from Bungie which for a AAA game just isn't enough.

Also in a gamsurta article they hired people who weren't Halo fans so they can bring new ideas into the series. Obviously this type of thinking is basically what made Halo 4 the launch day mess it was.

Spartan Ops Season 2 was never promised but more of a "well make it eventually" and they technically are in the vein of comics and other forms of media that aren't interactive.

Also have you seen the technical aspects of Halo 4? They had to cut a great deal from the game in order to make it run smooth on the 360 the game is absolutely amazing on a technical level and what the artist and engineers did with Physics, Lighting, Textures, and Animation is just clap clap bravo.

I agree that they have a terrible of habit of not always delivering promises on time, but recently they have been improving(playlist, patches and updates of the last 6 months have remained constant besides the delayed Champions Pack Patch which was delayed to fix Spartan Ops issues too)

Also Dominion is now a rotational playlist and has been suspected to return in the summer as a rotational playlist. Don't understand how that was a failed or delayed promise.

Also BTB is still in the game and the only issue is Ragnarok is the most popular map which I don't blame them I love it.

Also remember 343i was most likely understaffed before Halo 4 since they have 343 employees since March 2013. Chances are they had a small team working on the development for Halo 5 since Halo 4 began(Bungie did this with Destiny since after Halo 3) and a ragtag team(of professionals and newcomers) working on Halo 4.

Regardless of 343i's mistakes. Halo 5 having extra development time is in no way a bad thing. 

Saber Interactive and CA worked on Halo CEA so I don't see why they would now waste time on H2A when they can easily outsource it 

Am I happy? Hell yes! Halo 2 was my favorite Halo game ever and I am excited that it is making a return!

I scoured Google Images earlier and I found this picture. I thought it looked cool!

halo_2_anniversary_by_bulletreaper117-d6

BTW: I never found that this was a confirmed picture for H2A, I just ran into it. It's not an official picture...as of yet lol. It looks cool though.

Edited by Aʀᴅᴇɴᴛ Pʀᴀʏᴇʀ

Well then if I read this right .......

This is a delay to Halo 5 and if the force is with me ....

Certain affinity are the main guys doing this 343i are doing next to nothing ....

So 343i gets more time to Halo 5 .......

Overall I would say it is a good thing If it isn't taking any Dev time out of Halo 5 I don't really see what is wrong with it Tons of people want it and so it is being made that is a good thing so lets just hope it stays this way. :)

Just correct one thing I keep.seeing. Halo 4 was NOT 343i's first game. 343i co developed Reach with Bungie. Also, it was Sabre Interactive that had the most hands on development with CEA.

343i did not codevelop Reach with Bungie because back when 343i was founded the most it could develop and maintain was Halo Waypoint.