UPDATE - Steve Downes Retracts Statements About Halo 2 Anniversary

Adam91

I see you've updated the OP, that's good. It appears Microsoft contacted Gamezone about their interview with Downes: http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/02/14/update-regarding-the-recent-halo-2-anniversary-and-halo-5-confirmation

That sucks, but not surprising.

He's not exactly going to confirm it now if its no where near the release date.

Im still going to keep my hopes up for a H2 Anniversary, as i believe there is one.

Edited by Mr.Biggles
  • Like 1

this is why people dont like 343i and its because they dont tell us these things because they say one thing like the next halo(which still hasnt been named yet) to be coming out in 2014 then they say that its H2A and then they start telling us all of this and we still dont know what they are saying but the biggest questions that i feel they are ignoring everyone on is what is the new halo called and when it is coming out but we still dont know

• Like 1

I haven't got an Xbox One which is a bit of a bummer when it comes to me wanting to play the Halo games when they come out or it comes out if Halo Anniversary is actually just a rumor. If I do end up getting an Xbox One it would have to be for the soul reason of the release of Halo 2 anniversary!

CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY IT! ^__^

this is why people dont like 343i and its because they dont tell us these things because they say one thing like the next halo(which still hasnt been named yet) to be coming out in 2014 then they say that its H2A and then they start telling us all of this and we still dont know what they are saying but the biggest questions that i feel they are ignoring everyone on is what is the new halo called and when it is coming out but we still dont know

Well at least we get SOMETHING instead of the cold treatment *Cough cough* that Valve has been giving to Half Life fans over the years.

In the end we KNOW something is coming out, but all the confusion is due to Human error. Its not 343's fault for not even giving the info, when other sources have been spewing it out.

The thing is though, it was not 343i's fault. Steve Downes made an assumption that they were making a Halo 2 remake, but because it's not officially confirmed by them yet, they told him to retract these statements. Steve Downes is only a voice actor, he has no real info on the games, he doesn't know much more than we do.