Xbox one to have unlimited cloud storage.

xbox-one-cloud-powered.jpg?w=558&h=9999&

Microsoft will be offering unlimited cloud storage for the Xbox one a MaximunPC article states.The news came out of PAX Australia, here is what a Microsoft rep said about it. 

"Xbox Live offers Xbox One unlimited storage space in the cloud for all Xbox Live members to store numerous types of Xbox Live content, including your profile, games, Achievements and entertainment. This content is stored and saved in the cloud so you can automatically access it anywhere, anytime, no matter where you are."

With the change of policies such as removing the used games restrictions the Xbox one has slowly but surely been getting back on track and with another positive announcement it will certainly help improve it's reputation a bit more.   

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 4

You do know what Microsoft is capable of, right?

There certainly is a possibility for this...

a example of that apart from this is when asked about the friends list and how many friends you can have on it they said unlimited but I heared some where after that is was 1000 :thumbsup:

a example of that apart from this is when asked about the friends list and how many friends you can have on it they said unlimited but I heared some where after that is was 1000 :thumbsup:

Did you get this from a certain source? If so you need to check that source with other places.

Did you get this from a certain source? If so you need to check that source with other places.

I rember a bit more now it was a interview I think after the Xbox one event and the question was asked how many friends will the Xbox one support and the answer was unlimited  but later I heard from at least 3 sources that it was 1000 all 3 could be wrong though but I doubt it is unlimited :thumbsup:

Edited by Caboose the Ace

I wouldn't be surprised if at launch there is a limitation, JUST to see how limited the Xbox One is. Then, they'll make the small changes needed to make the console run better for Unlimited.

So what this means is, nobody needs a hard drive for co-op?

Let's hope the cloud doesn't crash...

Whoa! Thanks for putting that image in my head! Now all I want to see is a cloud slowly descend from the sky and crash into my house! Physics? Screw physics! Who needs em!?

On a serious note I would say that microsoft already thought of this, and created (or will create) countermeasures to prevent this... An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...

Whoa! Thanks for putting that image in my head! Now all I want to see is a cloud slowly descend from the sky and crash into my house! Physics? Screw physics! Who needs em!?

On a serious note I would say that microsoft already thought of this, and created (or will create) countermeasures to prevent this... An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...

Many companies think of this ahead of time, and sometimes their servers end up crashing but we'll just have to wait and see.

A statement like this is just complete stupidity.  Cloud computing and cloud storage was designed for the very reason of giving developers and users near limitless computing power and storage.  Granted there will always be a limit, as cloud relies on people across the world to allow cloud services to utilize a portion of their own HDD and CPU cycles.  At some point the space does run out...unless you account for each cloud participant to also utilize virtual cloud services.

• Like 2

I used cloud to take a minecraft save to my friend's house. Save corrupted. Which is why I refuse to use it ever again. Considering I had at least 42 hours of effort on that save, I was very annoyed.