•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (23 October 2019 - 02:54 AM) Welcome to the forums, Taylor25! :welcome: View Taylor25's Profile
@  343iBot : (23 October 2019 - 02:44 AM) Welcome to the forums, RonaldB! :welcome: View RonaldB's Profile
@  343iBot : (22 October 2019 - 03:01 AM) Welcome to the forums, Randaldix! :welcome: View Randaldix's Profile
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (21 October 2019 - 02:55 PM) ye once ur a carrot the next ur salami
@  343iBot : (21 October 2019 - 12:27 PM) Welcome to the forums, Florentg! :welcome: View Florentg's Profile
@  343iBot : (21 October 2019 - 05:14 AM) Welcome to the forums, DimonaCet! :welcome: View DimonaCet's Profile
@  343iBot : (20 October 2019 - 10:33 PM) Welcome to the forums, Luhidorfu! :welcome: View Luhidorfu's Profile
@  343iBot : (20 October 2019 - 04:31 PM) Welcome to the forums, scwz! :welcome: View scwz's Profile
@  BATMAN : (19 October 2019 - 08:53 PM) Funny how things change over the years, eh?
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (19 October 2019 - 05:54 PM) nu uh, i tel ui to nut do
@  Vitamin Pwn : (19 October 2019 - 04:52 PM) you're not my supervisor, you dont tell me what to do
@  Maestro : (19 October 2019 - 12:36 PM) friendly reminder to report spambots :)
@  343iBot : (19 October 2019 - 10:17 AM) Welcome to the forums, AnthonyKetle! :welcome: View AnthonyKetle's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 October 2019 - 10:17 AM) Welcome to the forums, AnthonyKetle! :welcome: View AnthonyKetle's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 October 2019 - 08:24 AM) Welcome to the forums, NormanSof! :welcome: View NormanSof's Profile
@  Jack Of Harts : (19 October 2019 - 08:15 AM) Heyo
@  Akali : (18 October 2019 - 09:11 AM) @UNSC Spartan-II Thanks Boiiii. Throat is gone now though
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 October 2019 - 04:31 PM) @Zaguroth Hey man! How's it going?
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 October 2019 - 04:30 PM) @Akali Ok thanks, happy birthday bro <3
@  343iBot : (17 October 2019 - 09:38 AM) Welcome to the forums, ThomasBrin! :welcome: View ThomasBrin's Profile

Photo

are you going to get sparten assault

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: sparten assult (24 member(s) have cast votes)

will you be getting it

1. yes (8 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. no (16 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

Loyal Stormtrooper of the First Order

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Caboose The Ace
  • LocationStarkiller Base
11                      2         

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

the title is what we are all thinking whenever we think about Spartan assault is it worth a windows 8 phone is it worth the cost is the game good etc

so the question I ask is this will you be getting Spartan assault yes or no?  

I myself will not be getting it as I do not have a windows phone also the game looks terrible anyway I mean all you do is just wave you're finger around as the game fires   rember to vote also :thumbsup:

tumblr_inline_o0lut5Boyj1qz9e28_500.gif

#2 Mr. Wolfy

Mr. Wolfy

Prophet of Mercy

• Trusted Members
  • 270 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Mr WoIfy
  • LocationThe dark corner in the back of your mind....

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

Not getting a phone just for a Halo game~ this game was poorly planned as some attempt to get Halo fans to buy even more Microsoft gear. It's another $cam by Micro$oft, is generally what I'm saying.

If you think you are the best thing since sliced bread, DO NOT respond to this post~!
If someone tells you to "make me a sammich" the simple reason behind this is that they are horrible at making sandwiches themselves. Therefore, the laugh is on them for not being able to make a simple sandwich.

Don't tell me the odds, and I won't make you stick your foot in your mouth by breaking them.

Beneath the blood red moon the flames of the pack may be seen. The pack's howl heralds complete destruction. We are the Burning Wolves.

Talk of the wolf and his tail appears. (As quoted in Henry G. Bohn, A polyglot of foreign proverbs, (1857))

#3 BaconShelf

BaconShelf

I don't know what to put here

• Dedicated Members
  • 2,371 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:BaconShelf
  • LocationSomewhere, Everywhere, Anywhere and Nowhere. And everything inbetween.
2          2         

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

The halo games were brilliant and that was why I got xbox at all. 

SA doesn't look that good, and I am not buying a new computer/ OS/ phone just for one game. I'll pass thanks.

Halo Lore fanatic, purveyor of dank maymays

My writing hub, the Imperial Archive Network

#4 Astronautics7

Astronautics7

Hunter

• Members
  • 29 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Astronautics7
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

If you're questioning whether or not I'm thinking about buying "sparten assult", then the answer is no. Spartan Assault, on the other hand, looks like it could be fun. It's a new style of Halo play that I'm not going to judge until I've tried it. Who knows? Maybe when I get my hands on it, I'll be begging for it to be released as a minigame on the next major Halo title. I had great fun with Dead Ops on Call of Duty: Black Ops. It was something a little different that wasn't shoved into my face, telling me over and over again to give it a try.

Of course, I could be wrong about the game being fun. It could make me rage and drift away from the Halo universe, as did Halo 4. I hope that's not the case though - I'm honestly hoping that this cheap "filler" will hype me up for Halo 5, or whatever we're getting next. I'll only be spending somewhere around £5.00, as I've already got the hardware. 

I look forward to a new kind of Halo title that I can play at home, college and work, all for a damn low cost. Bring on Halo: Spartan Assault!

halo2sd.png

#5 TownsAssassin

TownsAssassin

Jackal

• Members
  • 9 posts
Neutral
  • Gamertag:Towns Assassin
  • LocationAZ

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

Ha, ha. Good one, how about no.

#6 a live dinosaur

a live dinosaur

a live dinosaur

• Dedicated Members
  • 908 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:a live dinosaur
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

I think most people who are saying it will suck is because they don't have any Windows 8 devices. I luckily got a Windows Phone last year, so it's a good thing I have it :3 How about I let all of you guys who already dislike it know how it is and how it plays when I get it. Why do you all knock it before you have tried it? That's the biggest problem with the gaming community. 

Edited by Forum Dinosaur, 09 July 2013 - 11:20 PM.

#7 Spectral Jester

Spectral Jester

343 Guilty Spark

• Legendary Members
  • 4,639 posts
Legendary

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:58 PM

I've got W8 on my laptop so will be getting it, as Forum Dinosaur has mentioned above some of the comments above are hilarious and smack of stupidity, would you be saying those comments if it was coming out on XBL?
That being said its a dumb decision by Microsoft to bring it out on W8 only, will there be a port over to XBL hopefully.
When H:SA releases you will able to control via keyboard, mouse and as Caboose says waving your finger about, with a future update bringing control via a controller plugged into laptop.
Amazing how much negativity comes out when it doesn't go your way?

#8 Frankenzer

Frankenzer

Bond, James Bond

• Dedicated Members
  • 906 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:Frankenzer
2          6    2      

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

I'm getting it :D

Signature42f08.jpg

#9 BaconShelf

BaconShelf

I don't know what to put here

• Dedicated Members
  • 2,371 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:BaconShelf
  • LocationSomewhere, Everywhere, Anywhere and Nowhere. And everything inbetween.
2          2         

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

Never been a fan of top-down shooters. And this doesn't appeal to me enough to spend upwards of £100 for it.

If I HAD a W8 device, I would get it. But I don't.

Halo Lore fanatic, purveyor of dank maymays

My writing hub, the Imperial Archive Network

#10 I_Make_Big_Boom

I_Make_Big_Boom

The Prophet of No Ragrets

• Art Group
  • 1,563 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:SelfDestruct217
7             9                      2      

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

Looks like a good game. I might be getting a W-8 phone so I might get it then.

I'm making a game: https://twitter.com/joe_winfree

#11 Heinous Creature

Heinous Creature

Grunt

• New Members
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

My main complaint with Halo: Spartan Assault is not what platforms it will be releasing on, or how it comes across as a shameless cash grab, or even how impractical it seems with regards to canon and Spartan Ops - rather, my issue, is how overwhelmingly average it looks, to the extent that, even if the game had literally no other issues, I still wouldn't give it a strong consideration for purchase. Even as some form of 'filler', a niche title to keep me occupied until Halo 5 releases, it doesn't seem particularly alluring. However, I will be keeping a (cautious) eye on this title as it develops. Who knows, it might be nice for a change of pace from this franchise.

In addition, I am concerned about the potential for abuse that micro-transactions could bring. More specifically, to what degree the game can be played and enjoyed without the player being incentivised to purchase additional content. This is Microsoft and Halo we're talking about - the former knows they can use the popularity of the latter to their advantage.

#12 ♠ Spades N AZ ♠

♠ Spades N AZ ♠

Customs Guru

• Dedicated Members
  • 340 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:Spades N AZ
  • LocationForge World

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:07 AM

No I am not getting it primarily because I am loyal to Samsung phones but also because I already have good boredom games on my phone(like RISK).  If I am home then I will be playing Xbox if I want to play a game.  So I won't be getting it even if it's an instant success, well made, great playing game.  I hope that it is and that it keeps the spark lit for all the Halo lovers out there until Halo 5 is released.

Posted Image

#13 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

Loyal Stormtrooper of the First Order

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Caboose The Ace
  • LocationStarkiller Base
11                      2         

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:26 AM

No I am not getting it primarily because I am loyal to Samsung phones but also because I already have good boredom games on my phone(like RISK).  If I am home then I will be playing Xbox if I want to play a game.  So I won't be getting it even if it's an instant success, well made, great playing game.  I hope that it is and that it keeps the spark lit for all the Halo lovers out there until Halo 5 is released.

yes I agree a Xbox port of Spartan assault  would be great and I am sure 343i would make much more profit off it :thumbsup:

tumblr_inline_o0lut5Boyj1qz9e28_500.gif

#14 тυcкєя

тυcкєя

Divergent

• Dedicated Members
  • 608 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Kool Halo Kitty
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

I would love to get it. But, I do not have that type of phone. I'm not going to buy a phone just for a Halo game. Although the game does look pretty beast. 

coollogo_com-19464562.png

#15 RegretHaloCE

RegretHaloCE

Grunt

• New Members
  • 3 posts
Neutral
  • LocationGreece

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:20 AM

Ofc,its halo.I will dualboot win 7 with 8 so there isnt a problem about the OS exclusivity

#16 Seeker of Truth

Seeker of Truth

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 191 posts
Liked
  • LocationOakville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

I hate Windows 8 and have no intention of crippling my computer with it, so no. 

By the way, RTS halo games just feel forced and awkward. Halo Wars felt slippery, rushed and patched together, and the plot was boring. 

I see no evidence to suggest that Spartan Assault will be any different. 

320px-Didact.png

#17 DocSpartanO07

DocSpartanO07

Hero Returns

• Community Moderators
  • 418 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:DocSpartanO07
  • LocationFt Riley, Kansas
6       2                  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

For all the people that are saying they aren't spending a pile of money for a new phone just to play this game. That's fine, don't buy the game. However, I got my WP8 device for free, and yes it was a device released at the WP8 launch.

I also don't get how people give MS crap for using a popular brand to help promote some of their products. Its business, every company does it, yet MS always gets ridiculed for doing what everyone else does.

Fans of halo have wanted a mobile halo game for a long while now, and I say that meaning outside of our little world on this site. There is one now, and people still aren't happy, imagine that....

#18 TheGodfatherS117

TheGodfatherS117

The Godfather

• Dedicated Members
  • 530 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:GodfatherS117

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

I will not buy a phone just to have this game. So I will not buy Spartan Assault.

i96rm35cim62c2qtxsi.jpg

#19 JC15

JC15

Brute

• Members
  • 48 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Gurdien
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

I hate Windows 8 and have no intention of crippling my computer with it, so no. 
By the way, RTS halo games just feel forced and awkward. Halo Wars felt slippery, rushed and patched together, and the plot was boring. 
I see no evidence to suggest that Spartan Assault will be any different.

It isn't a RTS game it is a top-down shooter. Also I think halo wars was great.

bwPtTz7.png

#20 Glitch100

Glitch100

Promethean Knight

• Members
  • 118 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Glitch100

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

Is this worth the money?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users