My teamates are bad.

Hater

This is the biggest problem with this game. Rewarding the losing team and not having any kind of ranked playlist. The people wanting to take the game seriously and the people who just want to goof off are combined. Why this problem wasn't foreseen is beyond me. Obviously they didn't pay attention to Reach when they took it over from Bungie. Dividing the community between social and ranked is what made Halo 3 so good. Because if you lost or screwed around in ranked you actually had something to lose. Now the different between losing and winning is only what 400xp? Not very big different when you can go play spartan ops and get the same amount of exp.

Exactly! In halo 3 you can tell if they are serous or not. I miss that system.

• Like 1

I was I a lobby yesterday where we beat this group pretty bad. In the post game lobby when it ended, one dude on their team was like, "OMG, 3-23?! You guys are garbage!" And he left the lobby.

I couldn't help but laugh at the time just cuz it was funny how he said it. On the other hand, I sympathized with him because I've been in his position before.

I was I a lobby yesterday where we beat this group pretty bad. In the post game lobby when it ended, one dude on their team was like, "OMG, 3-23?! You guys are garbage!" And he left the lobby.

I couldn't help but laugh at the time just cuz it was funny how he said it. On the other hand, I sympathized with him because I've been in his position before.

Haha! Really? Wow that would be hilarious but tragic to see. I wonder what his team said.

I hate playing Oddball though, you always get some guy on your team with 42 kills, and no Ball Carry time. It's like

"go play slayer if all you want to do is shoot things"

That's actually a really important part of objective games. People are all so quick to bash the person who is racking up kills but what that person is doing is keeping the enemy population under control and preventing people from getting the ball or killing the ball carrier. Now if the whole team decided to do this then it might be a problem.

• Like 1

Perhaps instead of hiding in a corner with your sniper rifle you could actually cover your teammates? If you're teammates are running to the middle and dying, maybe you could follow them and provide cover instead of worrying about your k/d?

They should learn the first time the get killed around the corner with the Boltshot. It's only common sense if I'm worrying about my KD, after all it is Infinity Slayer. If it was objectively based, why would I care about my team dying?

Cover your teammates. My point is that the teams overall k/d that matters, not personal k/d. You going 20-10 doesn't matter if your teammates go all 10-15. If your teammates are always so terrible, try to help them out with cover to mitigate how terrible they are. You might go 15-12, but it won't be such a blowout.

What is the best way to remedy bad teammates? Run in a full party with players that you know they know what they are doing. I know that last sentence is a grammatical nightmare. However, playing with players that know how to play Halo effectively and play together well is a sure way to improve personal statistics as well as embracing that so-called loss of "competitive" aspect of this game I've seen scattered among these forums. When you run into a "team" playlist solo, more times than none you will run into bad teammates. I know. I've experieced plenty of matches where I had to do some major backpacking just to end up losing by two or three kills. I would finish in the vacinity of thirty-five and five with most of what kills my teammates do have I assisted. I've also been on that opposite end of that spectrum where I would finish negative sixteen with two or three kills and maybe an assist if I am lucky. So I know and understand the frustration completely.

I learned to accept when I playing with random teammates it is like running a gauntlet. I do what I can. I am not going to sit in the back of the map saving my kill/death ratio. I am going to do what I can to contribute to a win. It pays off more than one would think. But not enough to where I can say more times than none. I've played Halo enough to know when I am in a losing battle. Playing with randoms generally is a losing battle.

Bad teammates, as frustrating as it is, really isn't something that should still be talked about. It is not like it wasn't prevalent in previous Halos or anything. I remember playing Team Slayer on Halo 3 getting frustrated with bad teammates all the time. However, I remember playing that same playlist with a full party and totally wrecking. We would be winning matches with everybody on our team finishing no more than three or four deaths with a ridiculous amount of assists. Of course there were plenty of dogfights where we would face a good team where everyone on both teams would be close to breaking even. I know this is a long post. But this is not something new. It has been discussed for a long time. Like the problem, the solutions have also been discussed for a long time. Hope this helps.

Perhaps instead of hiding in a corner with your sniper rifle you could actually cover your teammates? If you're teammates are running to the middle and dying, maybe you could follow them and provide cover instead of worrying about your k/d?

Agreed, its amazing how often people complain about teammates when they are playing for themselves in a team game. Its like that never ending problem in Ragnarok, where some sad player gets the snipes and sits in the base waiting for the opposition to come over the hill, they fail to realise they have taken a power weapon and are forcing their team to constantly respawn at the base instead of further up the map. If your team takes the hill in Ragnarok you win 90% of the time.. it is and always has been the best area to control.

The same applies for many other maps thsi idea of hanging back may help a persons k/d but essentially makes life hard for their team... now I know that there are often very bad players on teams and I have been in the situation of having a very positive round and losing (actually the days I am just positive I never seem to be on the winning side lol), but I can say for a fact that when I only get a barely positive and say 14 or so kills it is often because of a camping player making it impossible to hold an area as you respawn in theirs..

Just a point to note you may be harming your teammates (may not always be the case but could often be)