Ask The Director.

The Director

Mr Director, IF other life forms, intelligent life forms specifically, were to exist be it in our Universe or the next. What do you reckon they'd look like? Would they be bipedal? Perhaps more advanced than us, Humans?

Also, if I wish to self educate myself. Where's the best place to buy books for study, and how would I go about such a task? I wish to chase a career down as a Military Scientist but academically i'm not quite there :(.

Why do people love Halo so much?

Same reason anyone loves a video game. Because it's entertaining. Whether you like the story, the multiplayer, the gameplay, or even just the look of it, as long as it entertains you, you'll love it.

Mr Director, IF other life forms, intelligent life forms specifically, were to exist be it in our Universe or the next. What do you reckon they'd look like? Would they be bipedal? Perhaps more advanced than us, Humans?

Also, if I wish to self educate myself. Where's the best place to buy books for study, and how would I go about such a task? I wish to chase a career down as a Military Scientist but academically i'm not quite there :(.

Well, if we look at evolution as a factor, then more than likely they would have four legs and two or more arms.

On the other hand though, it could be that humans having two legs is what caused our brain to grow to the point of sentience. It is far more difficult to walk on two legs than it is to walk on four.

My suggestion would be to see if you could buy some textbooks relating to what you are interested off of the internet, sites such as ebay or amazon. Or, you could try asking your local college if they would mind you buying some books from them.

• Like 1

Why must people join the forums and troll us all? Whats the point in all of it?

They are people who have issues they have trouble coping with in their lives, who find gaining entertainment out of other people's anger to be a good coping mechanism. Pretty much it.

What was the second most worn Halloween costume this year?

I would think vampire. Vampire or Batman. :D

Wow, interesting thoughts Director. Thank you for the advice!

No probz.
  • Like 1

Are there plans to add a halo 1/2 button layout to this game (crouch on left stick, melee on b, reload on x, jump on a)? Perhaps I am just missing the option? As it sits, none of the schemes available fit the style i used for h1/2/3/reach. I am very disappointed about the fact that I will have to adjust my preferred control method once again for something that I assume would have been relatively simple to add during development. Will there be assignable buttons in the future?

I would really appreciate your feedback on this as it is hindering my H4 experience from the onset of the game..

1347491807-0.jpg It was bacon. Gotcha :D

Think you need to factcheck that... I just did and I was right :P lmao

What is the most used play in your playbook?

I have multiple playbooks, to which are you referring?

Who is your favorite spartan EVER?

If it is Noble 6 or master chief, than 2nd favorite.

Master Chief John Spartan 117, of course. lol

Are there plans to add a halo 1/2 button layout to this game (crouch on left stick, melee on b, reload on x, jump on a)? Perhaps I am just missing the option? As it sits, none of the schemes available fit the style i used for h1/2/3/reach. I am very disappointed about the fact that I will have to adjust my preferred control method once again for something that I assume would have been relatively simple to add during development. Will there be assignable buttons in the future?

I would really appreciate your feedback on this as it is hindering my H4 experience from the onset of the game..

I recommend getting used to Bumper Jumper, as that is the only one that is consistent throughout the games. However, as it stands, there is no confirmation on whether or not controller schemes are going to change.

why did you decide to add a XP limit?

This is a community forum for answers go to halo.Xbox.com

Hey, i was wondering when/if grifball will become a matchmaking playlist. Will there be a classic grifball option, or will players only be able to play the new "grifball"? Thanks!

. Hopefully soon, see above.

Director, I was wondering when/if grifball will become a matchmaking playlist. Will there be a classic grifball option, or will players only be able to play the new "grifball"? Thanks!

I don't think you understand, this is a community forum. The director doesn't know, since he one't a 343i employee, if you want that info, to to halo.xbox.com.

how bout you let him answer and go ask another useless question, pal.

lol, i was pointed here by someone who found the answer to my question on this thread from the director. since there is no search option to find said post i have to ask it again.

Watch your language, go read the site's terms and conditions again.

Actually, there is a post search. Above the shoutbox, there is a search box, type in a key word (ie grifball) and pick posts as the search area.

Third, you don't need to constantly repost your question, when the Director has time, he will get to it, but you question is something that can be better, and be faster addressed at halo.Xbox.com.

Watch your language, go read the site's terms and conditions again.

Actually, there is a post search. Above the shoutbox, there is a search box, type in a key word (ie grifball) and pick posts as the search area.

Third, you don't need to constantly repost your question, when the Director has time, he will get to it, but you question is something that can be better, and be faster addressed at halo.Xbox.com.

i owe you an apology. sorry bro. im just pissed about the lack of grifball. sorry for taking it out on you. thanks for trying to help. my bad.

why did you decide to add a XP limit?

I didn't decide to do anything lol I don't work for 343i. But I think they decided to add a limit because otherwise the people who got the game early would already be finished with the game, and have unlocked all of the specializations, which would give them a slight advantage over those who had to actually wait for the release. I have no idea if they have plans to remove or increase the exp limit right now.

Hey, i was wondering when/if grifball will become a matchmaking playlist. Will there be a classic grifball option, or will players only be able to play the new "grifball"? Thanks!

Honestly, I really don't know. If they are going to make Grifball a matchmaking playlist, it will be in the TU which is labelled as "upcoming". Which means it's coming soon. I'm excited about the TU because it has Swat in it lol but I do not know if it contains Team Doubles, Grifball, Team Snipers, or any of the other semi-popular playlists. As to whether or not there will be a classic option, I doubt it will be there at first, but they may add it in later on.

Director, how do you feel about so many new members making repeated threads and their misunderstandings about this being 343i's official site and that the moderators on this site are 343i employees?

Honestly, I don't mind it. Pretty much every member here thought that when they first joined (even you :P), so I've gotten used to it. I've actually become knowledgeable enough that I can answer most of the questions that these new members have (for instance the one above yours), even when 343i won't. :D
  • Like 1

Alright guys, I do not work for 343i. So any and all answers given to the following questions should be taken with a grain of salt.

How do I download someones forge they have created? Are they any uploaded yet? Because i cannot seem to find any. I go on Forge setup and go to map and then right click, I go through all of them, but they all say no file.

Well, first someone has to make a map and then upload it to their fileshare before you can download it. I do believe it works in a similar way that it does in Reach. If you are talking about downloading straight from waypoint, there have been some issues with that. I suggest patience while it's all sorted. Things are pretty hectic right now I'd imagine.

Why doesnt the Halo 4 terminals code work at all? or better yet why doesnt it unlock any data?

The Halo 4 terminals codes? What terminals codes? The only terminal codes I've heard of were for Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary... o.O Are you sure you aren't getting them mixed up?

Will swat be made available on War games?

Yes it will! :D Next week! :D