Why do people not care about elites?

x Alduin x

Look Fal' Taralumee I completely agree with you that it's a mistake not putting the elites in the Halo 4 multiplayer. I mean, so many players saw them as nothing more than another skin for your player. I, on the other hand, saw the other things it brought with them. I personally think 343 idustries is making a huge mistake removing them. Look I know this dosn't really mean much to 343, but chances are they've lost a gamer with the choice to remove the elites from multiplayer. I will play the basic campaign, but unless they change their minds and find a way to fit the elites into the Halo 4 multiplayer, I am staying far away from it. If you read, this just remember that the elites brought with them a huge community of gamers, and they may just leave with them too.

Look Fal' Taralumee I completely agree with you that it's a mistake not putting the elites in the Halo 4 multiplayer. I mean, so many players saw them as nothing more than another skin for your player. I, on the other hand, saw the other

things it brought with them. I personally think

343 idustries is making a huge mistake removing them. Look I know this dosn't really mean much

to 343, but chances are they've lost a gamer

with the choice to remove the elites from

multiplayer. I will play the basic campaign, but

unless they change their minds and find a way

to fit the elites into the Halo 4 multiplayer, I am

staying far away from it. If you read, this just

remember that the elites brought with them a

huge community of gamers, and they may just

leave with them too.

Dude, and all of the others that are big elite fans, we just have to face it. I've said it before countless times, but you guys don't listen. I will state once more: Halo 4 multiplayer is based 100% off of UNSC Spartan IV training aboard the UNSC super structure the infinity.

It is holographic training that Spartans undertake and fight each other in, all in a virtual world. This is key: Virtual. Which means everything in they're training is computer programmed. No elites were programmed. Secondly, also like I said, the spartan holographic training method allows them to fight and test their tactics against each other. Not for them to test tactics on an alien that they will most likely never fight again. This method ensures, in the storyline, that one, they're tactics are successful in combat, and two, so that they all know they're squadmates tactics and actions, so they can communicate and predict exceptionally well on the battlefield. See where I'm going, and why elites won't fit?

Nevertheless, like I've also said before, this is change. Halo changes. This is what it does to grow. This is what keeps halo unique; the change that is involved. It is our job to cope with, and learn to like the change. If you can't even try that, and believe me it seems you are not the only one, halo can fall, due to a lack of acceptance. Is that what we really want? Just ponder and think about that question. And try and reconsider your point of view.

• Like 2

Look Fal' Taralumee I completely agree with you that it's a mistake not putting the elites in the Halo 4 multiplayer. I mean, so many players saw them as nothing more than another skin for your player. I, on the other hand, saw the other

things it brought with them. I personally think

343 idustries is making a huge mistake removing them. Look I know this dosn't really mean much

to 343, but chances are they've lost a gamer

with the choice to remove the elites from

multiplayer. I will play the basic campaign, but

unless they change their minds and find a way

to fit the elites into the Halo 4 multiplayer, I am

staying far away from it. If you read, this just

remember that the elites brought with them a

huge community of gamers, and they may just

leave with them too.

Dude, and all of the others that are big elite fans, we just have to face it. I've said it before countless times, but you guys don't listen. I will state once more: Halo 4 multiplayer is based 100% off of UNSC Spartan IV training aboard the UNSC super structure the infinity.

It is holographic training that Spartans undertake and fight each other in, all in a virtual world. This is key: Virtual. Which means everything in they're training is computer programmed. No elites were programmed. Secondly, also like I said, the spartan holographic training method allows them to fight and test their tactics against each other. Not for them to test tactics on an alien that they will most likely never fight again. This method ensures, in the storyline, that one, they're tactics are successful in combat, and two, so that they all know they're squadmates tactics and actions, so they can communicate and predict exceptionally well on the battlefield. See where I'm going, and why elites won't fit?

Nevertheless, like I've also said before, this is change. Halo changes. This is what it does to grow. This is what keeps halo unique; the change that is involved. It is our job to cope with, and learn to like the change. If you can't even try that, and believe me it seems you are not the only one, halo can fall, due to a lack of acceptance. Is that what we really want? Just ponder and think about that question. And try and reconsider your point of view.

So, when elites will not be playable, I will need to "accept and adapt to it"?

Well, I will accept it, by not playing the game! Without them its just kind of regular game with space marines in it. They were the reason I ever became HALO fan. HALO CE did not have a value for me until the story became to be less about: exterminate all alien scum, since they are all evil life sucking freaky and ugly monsters. Elites prove to be something very interesting and story changing on so many levels. All alien life stopped being just one big evil cliché and humans stopped being one big good "we will show you what we are made of" cliché (well, if you note, that the whole Spartan program is kind of immoral, it is one big manipulation and few leaders attempt to control all human worlds with - kind of absolute - power).

Youre not going to play H4 because of no elites? Really? Oh god forbid you try the game first before striking it down. So the elites arent in H4 multiplayer, is that really such a big deal? The entire game must be ruined because something as insignificant as a player skin was taken out of the game. Dont get me wrong, the elites are fun to play as, and in Reach they have the best (imo) assassinations, but they arent important enough for me to not play Halo 4.

And about people delving deep into elite "religion and beliefs", what the heck. They aren't real, and the back story for them was made up in the canon. Its all FICTION, if you devoted more than a few hours reading about the lives of the elites, then you are wasting time. The books are fun to read, but shouldnt be studied like archaeologists over a new ruin.

Why dont we all just try the game, play it for fun (since it is a game), and get over the fact that a character (who is still in the campaign and possibly other modes) wont be available in multiplayer.

• Like 2

Obviously I'm not joking, why would I be joking when you insulted me. Goodbye people, a lot.

And would you please stop being so defensive? the elites dont have feelings cause they ARENT REAL. and im sorry if someone said something to offend you, but this debate has got to end.

FYI, I dont think any clan is good. I feel like it just gives kids an excuse to keep playing games instead of focusing on more important things.

And would you please stop being so defensive? the elites dont have feelings cause they ARENT REAL. and im sorry if someone said something to offend you, but this debate has got to end.

FYI, I dont think any clan is good. I feel like it just gives kids an excuse to keep playing games instead of focusing on more important things.

Neither are Spartans; they're not a real creation. HYPOCRITE!

I think that elites are a wast of time i do not like them at all. They are a wast of time so i am ok with them not being playable

I never liked playing as an elite anyway.

I am glad you two are so open minded, or free willing to speak your opinions, now you can see the objections and disrespectful behaviour we have to put up with on a day to day basis, unacceptable.

Neither are Spartans; they're not a real creation. HYPOCRITE!

I know spartans arent real, because its just a game. i dont see how my statement made me a hypocrite. If anyone here is a hypocrite, its you Fal ' Taralumee. You just judged two people on being closed minded even though you refused to accept Halo 1's multiplayer as legit because it was only a 4 player thing. Btw, did you get it for the computer? Because that had 16 player modes with no elites.

Listen, I am disappointed that elites are not going to be in Halo 4, but thats not a reason to start panicking. if the elites not being in Halo 4 is hitting you this hard, then you need to take the game less seriously. I hope you won't be so close minded as to not by Halo 4 just because it doesnt have elites.

I know spartans arent real, because its just a game. i dont see how my statement made me a hypocrite. If anyone here is a hypocrite, its you Fal ' Taralumee. You just judged two people on being closed minded even though you refused to accept Halo 1's multiplayer as legit because it was only a 4 player thing. Btw, did you get it for the computer? Because that had 16 player modes with no elites.

Listen, I am disappointed that elites are not going to be in Halo 4, but thats not a reason to start panicking. if the elites not being in Halo 4 is hitting you this hard, then you need to take the game less seriously. I hope you won't be so close minded as to not by Halo 4 just because it doesnt have elites.

I was merely stating Matchmaking, not Multiplayer.

I haven't been a hypocrite at all, just rivalling peoples insults and arguments.

Lets just agree to disagree. i dont feel this argument going anywhere anytime soon. I wish the elites were in multiplayer, but they arent. and i am also sorry that you do not get to enjoy playing as them anymore. hopefully Halo wont lose too much of its fan base because of this.

• 1 month later...

I don't understand the reasoning that story-wise, there cannot be Elites in multi-player. I mean, what the heck? I have never heard before that multilayer has story. How can it? You run with bunch of people you have never met shooting at each other with instant respawn. How does that fit story at all? Not mentioning the stupid names players will have. I find it more reasonable to see Elite on the battlefield than some Spartan jerk named I110WNYOMAMA.

And I am concerned for elites not being in the multi-player since there is even smaller chance for them to be in campaign (playable). If what you say is true and the elites and humans really hate each other despite everything I know, that I am just disappointed and really sad.

I said it. I will not play this game unless I can play as an elite. That is my choice and I know, I am fully aware, that my reasoning is poor for you (whoever is this applying to). I can understand you. But you are not me so you cannot understand how I feel about it... I mean, why would you care, its not like I am hurting your feelings by it. And its not like you would achieve anything by changing my personality. There is just enough first person shooters or other games for that matter... why would I panic by not being able to play the way I was so looked forward to. I will just play some other game I still enjoy, not a big deal. Hey, do you know that one of my friends refused to play Halo with me because he didn't like the sound the guns make? He gave me quite a long explanation how those guns should sound like and how it is annoying that they do not. So I think that my reasons are quite sane.

And for that guy who counterargued my thought that Spartan program is immoral by the fact how elite society works: I knew that and that why I like elites much, much better - mainly because of this. They at least have rules. Rules that are reasonable for them and they all accept them. Humans live in disinformation from propaganda and that is for ME much worse. If you watch the current situation in the World, you can say how are people disgusted by those practices. But I will rather not discuss that. I don't think that this belongs to this discussion.

Yeah, and that doubting the humanity power... what power? Humans were merely lucky to survive. The reason they were not butchered the instant Covenant started war with them was because Covenant didn't know where their planets were (and also their main focus was not to kill all humans, they needed to lose some time finding artifacts). Am I wrong? Well, if I am then sorry, I haven't got my hand on any book but I have read anything I could find on the Internet... from Halo wiki mostly.

More powerful allies somewhere else? Well, if humans want to find new allies to fight elites, than they can serve themselves. It will be not my problem anymore.

Maybe it is too soon to tell whether are elites playable or not. But I believe that purpose of this forum is somehow influence that. It is a place where they can make further decisions depending on the feedback. Unless this forum is just for us to loose time and start flame, and I am not a big fan of that. Well, it sure is starting to look like that.

PS... Maybe they want to make elites playable in the next two games in the trilogy. That might be interesting. That could make me watch Halo a bit longer.

Their focus was to exterminate Humanity. The covies are in campaign, but they are the "least of your problems." The reason you cannot play as elites is because Multiplayer takes place aboard the UNSC Infinity. It simulates arenas for the Spartans to fight in. Simulating elites isn't probably what they intended since the Human-Covenant war ended in Halo 3. Sorry, but logically, this DOES make sense. And to not play the game because you can't play as an elite...that is just stupid. Prime example of a non-Halo fan.

I love elites, I think your kind of just stating your own opinion when you say people do not care about elites. I would love to play as an elite in multiplayer, but thats not how the story is playing out. The multiplayer has a story of its own and having elites in multiplayer just do not fit. :) As for your honor guard staff, I like the idea, but it would require other weapons to be changed imo. Such as the gravity hammer. It plays somewhat of the same role, so it would need to be somewhat similar.

Remember SWAT in Halo 3 with all the elites jumping around? And their heads being harder to hit than the spartan ones? It is for that reason that i didn't mind elites not being playable in most Halo Reach gametypes. And it's also the reason why i won't mind them not being playable in Halo 4 multiplayer. When everyone has to play as a spartan, with the same hitboxes, it's just more balanced.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before or if it goes with your conversation at all but an earlier post said that there is no logical reason for elites to be in multiplayer.

I think that there is. lets say some of the arbiters elites were brought to the infinity to help train the spartan IV's to fight against the enemy elites. that is just what i thought could make it logical for elites to be in multiplayer. this way it would make sense for some people to be elites. any thoughts about this idea?

• Like 1

Remember SWAT in Halo 3 with all the elites jumping around? And their heads being harder to hit than the spartan ones? It is for that reason that i didn't mind elites not being playable in most Halo Reach gametypes. And it's also the reason why i won't mind them not being playable in Halo 4 multiplayer. When everyone has to play as a spartan, with the same hitboxes, it's just more balanced.

I always found elites EASIER to hit in swat than spartans..... THEY SHOULD TAKE SPARTANS OUT OF HALO!

(this is a joke and not an actual opinion)

• Like 1