343 please dont ruin halo for the actual halo fans

leadinscorer

I'm not telling you how to make your game, but i am here to state some thing you need to consider. I've played halo since i first heard about it in h3 and i have been playing it competitively since then as well. I believe that with some of you recent moves with the game you have killed halo. you might end up selling a ton of copies but after the first few weeks you will not have many people playing it. Your going away from everything that is HALO, which i remind you that you said you where going back to the things that were HALO. Halo is the only game i enjoy playing because COD and Battlefield aren't much of a challenge and those games have hugely flawed systems, that's why there not extremely competitive games to play. If you want it to be successful then you need to go back to halo's fundamentals: re spawn times, weapons spawn times, map control, and most importantly halo is a game that requires TEAMWORK and is and was built around that idea. Your trying to hard to be COD or Battlefield, if you wanted to create that you should have just made one of those games as your title, and not drag halo's reputation down with you.

THIS GAME NEEDS TO SAVE HALO'S REPUTATION. GIVE US TRUE GAMERS WHAT WE WANT IN COMPETITIVE GAMING. THE TRUE HALO IDEAS.

If you wanted this game to completely be a success you should have just taken h2 and h3 and re-engineered the graphics of each one and added you store line to that. The multiplayer is what makes halo a success and what your doing to it will destroy it more than Reach did.

Reach was a huge FAIL and the way I see it Halo 4 is lining up to follow in its footsteps and destroy the game i love in HALO.

I'm not telling you how to make your game, but i am here to state some thing you need to consider. I've played halo since i first heard about it in h3 and i have been playing it competitively since then as well. I believe that with some of you recent moves with the game you have killed halo. you might end up selling a ton of copies but after the first few weeks you will not have many people playing it. Your going away from everything that is HALO, which i remind you that you said you where going back to the things that were HALO. Halo is the only game i enjoy playing because COD and Battlefield aren't much of a challenge and those games have hugely flawed systems, that's why there not extremely competitive games to play. If you want it to be successful then you need to go back to halo's fundamentals: re spawn times, weapons spawn times, map control, and most importantly halo is a game that requires TEAMWORK and is and was built around that idea. Your trying to hard to be COD or Battlefield, if you wanted to create that you should have just made one of those games as your title, and not drag halo's reputation down with you.

THIS GAME NEEDS TO SAVE HALO'S REPUTATION. GIVE US TRUE GAMERS WHAT WE WANT IN COMPETITIVE GAMING. THE TRUE HALO IDEAS.

If you wanted this game to completely be a success you should have just taken h2 and h3 and re-engineered the graphics of each one and added you store line to that. The multiplayer is what makes halo a success and what your doing to it will destroy it more than Reach did.

Reach was a huge FAIL and the way I see it Halo 4 is lining up to follow in its footsteps and destroy the game i love in HALO.

Another one? How many is this now? So I'm not going in any particular order here, just throwing stuff out there.

Firstly, this is not the official 343 site, it's the community site, we're just fans. You may want to head on over to halo.xbox.com and post this there if you want a better chance of 343 seeing it. They do occasionally browse here, though.

Secondly, what defines a game as "FAIL"? The population or the sales? This is a no-brainer. Microsoft and Bungie made a ton off of Reach, so in their eyes, the game was the complete opposite of a "huge FAIL".

Thirdly, rather than just say the game is being more like CoD, why not actually give examples of why you feel it is going in that direction?

That's it for now. I may check back, I may not. Who knows, I've seen this argument so many times now.

The game is going to much into the cod serieses bc of no respawn times, join in sessions(no halo player wants that), loadouts, drop pods for weapons wow seems alot like COD to me, now reach wasnt a complete failure no....i still play it everynight its just they could have done alot better than what they left us with.

I think this guy makes around 521 (not really, just an exaggeration).

Yes, this is a community forum.

You saying that Halo is becomming CoD or Battlefield, is kind of laughable, without Halo, there wouldn't have been those games for quite some time.. So if anything Halo made them what they are today.

What Halo is differs for everyone, so don't say that a company is going to ruin a game because you don't like some stuff.

Yes, Bungie made tons of money off of Reach, and to be quite honest, Reach is my favorite Halo game because of the Multiplayer, forge, firefight, and customization options.

Halo's reputation has not changed in the slightest in the past years, just more people play CoD or BF3 because they are more populated, population counts don't increase or decrease a games reputation.

Many people like Halo for the campaign and not the multiplayer.

Halo 4 is continuing from Halo 3, if you can't tell from the trailer, it starts off with John waking up on the ship he went into cryo-sleep on in the ending of Halo 3

One last thing, you say you think they are going to destroy Halo, why don't you wait until November, when the game is finished, play it, and judge it then?

Have to keep adding as more people comment >.>

The no respawn time is only for ONE game mode, not for all of the multiplayer game modes.

i dont play anything other than mlg and these current leaks and information ive seen have left me to believe that this isnt the correct way to go. everyone should know that the most competitive halos where 2 and 3 and thats what made halo halo. why change something that worked perfectly thats all im saying

am i goin to buy the game probable, theyll make money on this for sure but i dont know how they plan on making in mlg competitive enough

The game is going to much into the cod serieses bc of no respawn times, join in sessions(no halo player wants that), loadouts, drop pods for weapons wow seems alot like COD to me, now reach wasnt a complete failure no....i still play it everynight its just they could have done alot better than what they left us with.

Okay then, let's touch on these issues you seem to have.

1. No Respawn times. As far as anybody is aware, the no respawn times/instant respawns is for specific game types. I believe it's been confirmed that in objective type games, this doesn't apply, you still have your normal Halo respawn system in place.

2. Join In Session. This is something we need more information on. While I like the concept for social play, they can't expect it to work well for Ranked games. This I can agree on with you, but we don't know how it is going to be incorporated yet, so we can't say it will be bad.

3. Loadouts. So being able to choose between say, a BR or DMR or AR is a bad thing to start a game? What if I love the DMR but hate the BR? Now I have the choice. I don't see this as being a bad thing, and it's already been confirmed that power weapons will not be options.

4. Drop Pods. It's been confirmed that drop pods are there for power weapons. They will drop in random locations that are pre-determined on the map, though. Sort of like a respawn zone from Forge, only with power weapons. It's something that, with time, can be predicted with a certain percent of accuracy, and you can still control them. Regular weapons, I believe, are still just placed on the map normally.

i dont play anything other than mlg and these current leaks and information ive seen have left me to believe that this isnt the correct way to go. everyone should know that the most competitive halos where 2 and 3 and thats what made halo halo. why change something that worked perfectly thats all im saying

am i goin to buy the game probable, theyll make money on this for sure but i dont know how they plan on making in mlg competitive enough

You make changes to add to your fan base. You make changes to keep a game from being boring and repetitive. Every Halo game incorporated changes. Did everybody like them? Of course not, but it's the truth. Why should 343i change this now? And it seems to me that you're not doing much research on the information you are finding, and just making wild assumptions about things, so hopefully I've helped to ease your mind. If not, sorry?

While I appreciate your opinion, I have to take into account that the game has not been released or played yet by any members of the public. See, I'm being nice because what I was GOING to say is

"Halo 4 will ruin Halo, No one will play it, the Y2K bug will destroy everything, the world will end in 2012, Clinton will destroy America, Bush will destory America, California is going to sink into the ocean in 2005, Facebook is going to start charging it's members in March of 2011, and Perfect Black is going to be a Halo Killer."

See, everything listed above are theories. Actually, wild assumptions based on enough evidence to make a wild assumption. I get what you are saying, I really do, but frankly, I'm tired of hearing it. I'd argue with you using some of the information that's been released, but if previous experiences with this sort of thing have taught me anything it's that you will completely ignore all of it. Also, being a "true" Halo fan is a MASSIVE amount of opinion. In my opinion, you can't be a "true" Halo fan unless you love everything about Halo. This includes, but is not limited to, every single matchmaking gametype, the story (books included), the weapons, the armor, the characters, and everything else that has been in Halo. You, good sir, seem to be a fan of the multiplayer. Otherwise you would be bloody thrilled that master chief is making a come-back, and wouldn't really care about what they are going to do with multiplayer.

The fact is Halo 4 is going to be different. Of course it is. New people are playing, new people are getting good at it, new technology is coming out, and new competitors are on the market. If Halo released the same game over and over with better graphics and newer weapons, it would be the definition of COD. You cannot name a single Halo game that was the exact same as the previous one, or even one so similar that you could go from one to another without having to learn new things. THAT is Halo. If Halo doesn't evolve, it will get left behind and die. And all we will be left with is COD and BF. What you are asking for is for Halo to commit suicide.

As far as borrowing some ideas from COD, well why not? COD borrowed ideas from Halo to make their games better, so why can't Halo do the same? Don't judge a game that has given you so many hours of entertainment before you play it, or before it's even finished. This is 343i's first Halo game, but many of the 343i employees have worked on other Halo games. They aren't newbs. They KNOW what they are doing, and if you are a true Halo fan then when they ask you for your trust (which Frank has quite a few times) then you would give it.

/rant

• Like 3

the game is becoming to noob friendly soon it could b like cod u can kill by shooting in the toe......its becoming to new friendly

and they dont see that from mlg community's perspective itll be too easy in any other playlist

And The Director's point about you just ignoring everything said is now accurate. Thank you for playing!

• Like 5

Yes, well, leadinscorer, as time passes, games graphics will get better, the play style will change a little bit to facilitate new players, you can't say making a game noob friendly is a bad thing, because noob friendly games do the best due to new people being able to actually play without much hassle.

And how come now you change your opinion on Reach saying you like it? Your first post ended with "Reach was a huge FAIL and the way I see it Halo 4 is lining up to follow in its footsteps and destroy the game i love in HALO." Why the sudden change of opinion?

• Like 1

director, you are right about somethings, dont get me wrong i like h2, h3, and reach................but with the way the new games seem to be as of right now i can help but be skeptical about it all.....

also h2 and h3 were extremely similar in play style and appearance.....

They were similar, but the addition of equipment created a whole new sandbox which created a whole new experience. And I understand your skepticism, but remember, once people heard about Halo 2, there were many people saying the same things you are now. With Halo 3, it was "It's going to be way too much like Halo 2." With Halo Reach, there was an uproar with posts the exact same as this one. However, a lot of people liked Halo 2, 3, and Reach. It's going to be the same with Halo 4, if history teaches us anything. Some people will not like it, just like Halo 2, 3, and Reach, but a lot of people WILL like it. I don't think you will have trouble finding full lobbies in Halo 4.

Pretty much what it comes down to is trust. As I said previously, many of the members of 343i are former members of Bungie and have worked on previous Halo titles. So the question is, are you willing to trust them?

• Like 3

Another one? How many is this now? So I'm not going in any particular order here, just throwing stuff out there.

Firstly, this is not the official 343 site, it's the community site, we're just fans. You may want to head on over to halo.xbox.com and post this there if you want a better chance of 343 seeing it. They do occasionally browse here, though.

Secondly, what defines a game as "FAIL"? The population or the sales? This is a no-brainer. Microsoft and Bungie made a ton off of Reach, so in their eyes, the game was the complete opposite of a "huge FAIL".

Thirdly, rather than just say the game is being more like CoD, why not actually give examples of why you feel it is going in that direction?

That's it for now. I may check back, I may not. Who knows, I've seen this argument so many times now.

Are you kidding me? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that 343 are going to ruin Halo 4.

-Armor Abilities Return

-They copied X-Ray Vision from the Blacklight games, however, it will be unbalanced in H4 solely because there will be no point in using anything else.

-Spartan Ops = Spec Ops

-Spartan Points = CoD Points

-Sprinting is a default function

-THERE IS STOPPING POWER THAT NOT ONLY SLOWS YOU FROM RUNNING, BUT ALSO STOPS YOU FROM RUNNING AWAY

-Armor now grants stat benefits

This is why every MP game gets ruined, because people like you can't see the problems early, or you just bend over and take it.

Warthriller, a lot of people love the armor abilities, it's not X-Ray vision, it's thermal vision, and it's going to have a useage time just like every other AA, They aren't leaving the name as Spartan Ops, and it's going to be more like campaign additions then what Spec Ops in CoD are, Spartan points are most likely going to be like Credits in Reach, Reach already has some stopping power weapons, such as the pistol or DMR prevents you from evading as far if you are shot with one then if you aren't, the armor granting stat benefits is most likely only going to be for specialized game modes, otherwise people would be overpowered in most game modes.

Now saying a game is going to get ruined because you don't like the ideas isn't very nice, it's even worse saying that people who look forward to a game, just because you don't, "bend over and take it". Now, true halo fans won't care what they do to the game, they will play for campaign, and MM because they are fans of the series.

Now then how about you wait 6 months and 16 days to decide if the game is ruined or not?

• Like 2

Actual halo fans? MLG fans are hardcore fans don't get me wrong, but they shouldn't and don't get much of a say on how halo is ran, if they did, everyone would have competitive playlists and you'd be hating on all the newbies, which isn't fair, reach was there as a noob friendly game, which isn't always bad, don't be hating on the game, and im sure 343i have listened to the MLG community with ZB and NS, so im sure halo 4 won't mess it up.

Lets be honest here. You have absolutely NO evidence to support your claim of 343i ruining Halo 4.

1. Halo 4 has yet to be played, so no one knows how these new features will work or flow, or work. Only a select few at the embargo and special events have played the game. And from what we have heard, it has awesome gameplay.
  2. The creators of Halo 4 have repeatedly stated that it feels like a Halo game again.
  3. 343, is... in essence, Bungie. There are many Bungie Employees at 343i. So by saying that 343i is going to ruin Halo, you are in a sense saying that Bungie is going to ruin Halo.

1. 343, is... in essence, Bungie. There are many Bungie Employees at 343i. So by saying that 343i is going to ruin Halo, you are in a sense saying that Bungie is going to ruin Halo.

Good point. And ya know ever since bungie broke away from 343i in 07' the halo games that came out after halo 3 weren't quite as good (let's face it, reach was good but it didn't deliver much of a story) and maybe that's because 343i wasn't overseeing the projects (or maybe cuz master chief took a vacation).

I have high hopes for halo 4. games today just don't involve me like they did with the halo franchise.

please don't let us down 343.

Guest hotdog8818

I just wanna say before you get all angry saying 343 ruined the game. YOU GOT NOTHING at all to prove. 343 has not even made any games yet you don't have ANY idea if their a good company. All the information you hear about halo 4 isn't comfirmed even if it was 343 would change it so everyone don't know. It is just like saying don't judge a book by its cover.