Are you upset that Elites will not be playable in Halo 4 Matchmaking?

ZB-85

Are you upset that Elites will not be playable in Halo 4 matchmaking?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Are you upset that Elites will not be playable in Matchmaking?

• 3 weeks later...

I think they should have been taken out of certain gametypes like SWAT but overall I don't see why they'd be taken out entirely, other than the fact that they don't really play a huge role in Halo 4 overall. Still, I've known plenty of people who like playing as Elites so I don't really see this as fair to them, but at the same time I see why 343 would do this.

Absolutely not. I thought they were a nuisance, and with almost every Elite came a 13 year old screaming at me.

However, I think it'll screw with the game as far as filming & movie productions go. I do wish they were still playable in Custom Games.

Agreed. As far as custom games go, they should be in there.

• Like 1

Elites are a species I never want to see go. Once they were introduced as playable in Halo 3, they've grown on everybody who played. Reach made them look SICK, and their ability added a fresh new element to the game. Although 343 wants to keep the game fresh and to have us focus on Spartan gameplay, how will those who love Elites and have clans do? They are going to either; give in to this decision (that I personally do not approve of), play Reach, OR quit playing. The last one is going to suck, not only for 343 but for the community who is going to miss out on warriors of unrivalled ability as an Elite, and who would feel passionate about their role should they play an Elite in a Machinima.

That brings us to our second topic, the destruction of the Machinima. I understand that Spartan Ops is like one with you being your own Spartan and all, but WE didn't script Spartan Ops 343 did and now we're stuck up ****s creek and the only way out is back to Reach... I hope 343i thinks about this.

• Like 1

I love how easy it is for most people here to dismiss this all as a minor thing, 343i is essentially fragmenting the community by doing this and also earning a bad rep with Elite players such as myself. Their excuse for not including them is "Multiplayer is gonna be canon to the campaign" so far, I see no ties whatsoever.

I'm just not sure how 343 can sit there and do this to us. Bungie may have began to phase out elites, but they werent gone..

• Like 1

I could understand if they had an anatomy similar to Humans so that they could be killed as easily from any angle. But they don't. Complete balance is the issue. They are gone, too bad, hope for Halo 5. /thread.

I can see that. It is a bit cheap with balance, but eh. I don't know how it'd get balanced out though

They had better be in Custom Games at least. Otherwise it'll be hilarious to see the fit Machinima will throw. I'll also miss them in general, as Invasion was the major improvement of Halo Reach. It's nice for halo to have its own gametype, and they removed it for that new dominion thing? OK. Doesn't look too great. Invasion was fun because it forced people to move and you couldn't camp. Hopefully they'll have a spartan only invasion gametype.

Also, I will sorely miss Elites if they're not at least in custom games. They're fun, they add re-playability (the different HUD aesthetics), and they're just badass in general. Although, I don't know if I'll miss them too much. 343's ****ed up the design of all the Covenant forces big time. Especially with the jackals. Don't tell me, another subspecies?

Eh. I get they want to make it their own, but it seems at time that they're changing things for the sake of changing them. Least the Hunters look the same.

But yeah, there ought to be elites in forge/custom games. Otherwise half the community will throw a fit and a large chunk of machinima will boycott the game.

They had better be in Custom Games at least. Otherwise it'll be hilarious to see the fit Machinima will throw. I'll also miss them in general, as Invasion was the major improvement of Halo Reach. It's nice for halo to have its own gametype, and they removed it for that new dominion thing? OK. Doesn't look too great. Invasion was fun because it forced people to move and you couldn't camp. Hopefully they'll have a spartan only invasion gametype.

Also, I will sorely miss Elites if they're not at least in custom games. They're fun, they add re-playability (the different HUD aesthetics), and they're just badass in general. Although, I don't know if I'll miss them too much. 343's ****ed up the design of all the Covenant forces big time. Especially with the jackals. Don't tell me, another subspecies?

Eh. I get they want to make it their own, but it seems at time that they're changing things for the sake of changing them. Least the Hunters look the same.

But yeah, there ought to be elites in forge/custom games. Otherwise half the community will throw a fit and a large chunk of machinima will boycott the game.

I agree. Custom games would at least be nice. Also I think the reason they're changing things is because it's the start of a new trilogy. I doubt there will be any other overhauls any time soon.

Well, if I did seem harsh, it's because some people are missing one point. Elites are not playable at all in Competitive multiplayer. Competitive multiplayer encompasses Forge, Customs, and War Games. Reason? There can be opposing sides. Competitive DOES NOT mean you get ranked and matched with random people. It means you can have opposing sides. That's it. The hope for them in Custom Games and Forge is literally gone unless you think 343 would make DLC or patches for Elites. (Which they won't. 99.9% Chance of it not happening.)

Therefore, we already know they are not in any multiplayer aspects. (Besides Campaign and Spartan Ops.)

Even Reach's multiplayer is considered competitive since there are opposing sides. But it is a Social Competitive type of game. Get the point?

I am not sad because I can see the problems present with Elites. Those of you who throw a hissy fit over it need to relax and read a western book in a nice cafe. Realize that being an Elite is purely cosmetic. Why is it so bad?

Well, if I did seem harsh, it's because some people are missing one point. Elites are not playable at all in Competitive multiplayer. Competitive multiplayer encompasses Forge, Customs, and War Games. Reason? There can be opposing sides. Competitive DOES NOT mean you get ranked and matched with random people. It means you can have opposing sides. That's it. The hope for them in Custom Games and Forge is literally gone unless you think 343 would make DLC or patches for Elites. (Which they won't. 99.9% Chance of it not happening.)

Therefore, we already know they are not in any multiplayer aspects. (Besides Campaign and Spartan Ops.)

Even Reach's multiplayer is considered competitive since there are opposing sides. But it is a Social Competitive type of game. Get the point?

I am not sad because I can see the problems present with Elites. Those of you who throw a hissy fit over it need to relax and read a western book in a nice cafe. Realize that being an Elite is purely cosmetic. Why is it so bad?

I largely agree, but I think most of the reason it's considered bad is because it'll affect Halo 4 Machinima. Other than that I don't see a reason for people to complain about losing them.

I largely agree, but I think most of the reason it's considered bad is because it'll affect Halo 4 Machinima. Other than that I don't see a reason for people to complain about losing them.

Other than Machinimas, I see no reason to keep them. Yes, Machinimas benefit, but most use only Spartans anyway. Least you see it like I do.

it dosent really matter for me. i didnt like playing elite slayer because i was terrible at it and the only thing i liked about it was that you could have sitckys when you spawn. now that you can spawn with them im happy. but the one thing ill miss is invasion only gametype that i liked playing as an elite.+++++++++++++