Are you upset that Elites will not be playable in Halo 4 Matchmaking?

ZB-85

Are you upset that Elites will not be playable in Halo 4 matchmaking?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Are you upset that Elites will not be playable in Matchmaking?

well,no we just went into temporary hibernation...were still alive and warming up for halo 4

Oh, that is good to hear. It is good to know we still have a Sangheili fleet in the community, the others are the "Elites" we speak of.

Well, if they think it is illogical for the story to have elites playable even in Multi-player, how is it logical to use Covenant and Promethean weapons and vehicles? They say that in the multi player the story is that the Spartans are in some kind of training program. Well, if those who train Spartans go on missions to ambush covenant forces only to steal their weapons or vehicles for only that (resskilling, insta respawn) purpose, I think they have lost their minds! If you are supposed to be owned by some retarded jumpy guy in multi player for the sake of story - that means that developers have lost their minds.

And because I believe that they have NOT lost their minds, I also believe that "the story" is not the reason for elites not being playable. There is no reason in that at all. It has to be some technical difficulties, like balancing game-play, designing armors and customizations, maybe recording voices, etc... And since those things were scrapped in the development process, it is very unlikely that they might make elites playable at all now, since there is not enough time to make all those changes possible, even if they changed their minds.

Well, it is all about time and money. Will we lose many players by removing elites from multiplayer? - Not many... How much money and time will we spare? - Plenty! It will always work like that. It is natural reasoning of any company. It is not an evil reasoning, it is just practical reasoning.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not too upset. i like playing as Elites, but not as Elites vs Spartans. Elites are so big and slow when fighting Spartans, trying to beat down a spartan is a pain in the a** because they are so small. Also Elite slayer just turns into a giant sticky fest.

• 4 weeks later...

Frankly, elites in matchmaking just doesn't fit into matchmaking. Matchmaking occurs on the Infinity, a UNSC ship. Not really a huge surprise that there aren't covenant on the ship. Also a little tidbit, spartans run slightly faster than elites, and elites jump slightly higher than spartans. Aside from that, the only difference is their hitboxes.

You have it messed up. Elites run faster and jump higher than Spartans. Elites are much larger therefor take big steps so they run faster. Spartans are more agile

Oh, that is good to hear. It is good to know we still have a Sangheili fleet in the community, the others are the "Elites" we speak of.

Is it possible for I to join brothers. I'm a clanless sanghieli, a wanderer. My gamertag is snaxsb23. Please consider me.

i dont know why you say you dont care, maybe because the elites are difficult to kill for you? i think so and if the elites go then all the elite weaponry including vehicles should to then how would you fell just spartans and human weaponry.. thats not the halo i know, halo has a one of a kind game play that is unlike any other game and just taking away the 30% of what makes it halo will destroy it..

It makes no sense to have elites in mp now. Get over it

While I am generally against cutting out pre-exsisting features, I'm perfectly fine with this one. Halo has always been about Spartans more than Elites, and with the newfound focus on Spartans as a whole, and a new trilogy, and a new enemy, I'm fine retiring them for multiplayer purposes.

Sure many people like them, but they have never been the heart and soul of Halo the way Spartans have. To be honest, it always took me out of the game when I would bump into an Elite in Halo 3. They just seem like they don't belong in a competitive arena with fighting humans, ran by humans, and Halo 4 now makes this cannon.

And their removal would be a very silly reason to lose interest in Halo 4.

While I am generally against cutting out pre-exsisting features, I'm perfectly fine with this one. Halo has always been about Spartans more than Elites, and with the newfound focus on Spartans as a whole, and a new trilogy, and a new enemy, I'm fine retiring them for multiplayer purposes.

Sure many people like them, but they have never been the heart and soul of Halo the way Spartans have. To be honest, it always took me out of the game when I would bump into an Elite in Halo 3. They just seem like they don't belong in a competitive arena with fighting humans, ran by humans, and Halo 4 now makes this cannon.

Indeed. This post actually game me a decent idea.

One of the more popular missions in Halo 2 was when you got to play as The Arbiter. So, what if they made a game that was based on Sangheili? I'm not talking about a full game like Halo 4, but maybe just a little something on the side like ODST. It would be an interesting insight to the way Sangheili behave. Also, this would be post covie-human war, so no worries about being forced to kill humans.

• Like 1

Indeed. This post actually game me a decent idea.

One of the more popular missions in Halo 2 was when you got to play as The Arbiter. So, what if they made a game that was based on Sangheili? I'm not talking about a full game like Halo 4, but maybe just a little something on the side like ODST. It would be an interesting insight to the way Sangheili behave. Also, this would be post covie-human war, so no worries about being forced to kill humans.

Wouldn't mind this, although unlike ODST, I think it shouldn't be treated as a whole game. Like a 30$ add on or something. This would allow them to finally make them actually play completely differently than Spartans. Like, not just stats, different style of moving and aiming too.

Wow..

343 has betrayed us...

No more Sangheili?

:,(

While I respect your opinion, I disagree.

The elites are about as big apart of halo as the Spartans, ableit not as big. Removing elites would essentially destroy the feeling of being in halo(human vs aliens) and feel more like Cod(human vs human), but...

I don't know, it just that elites are important to halo and shouldn't be removed..

Wow..

343 has betrayed us...

No more Sangheili?

:,(

While I respect your opinion, I disagree.

The elites are about as big apart of halo as the Spartans, ableit not as big. Removing elites would essentially destroy the feeling of being in halo(human vs aliens) and feel more like Cod(human vs human), but...

I don't know, it just that elites are important to halo and shouldn't be removed..

They (as it's been said about a thousand times now) are only removed from Multiplayer. And they only started being in Multiplayer two games ago (three if you count H4).

They (as it's been said about a thousand times now) are only removed from Multiplayer. And they only started being in Multiplayer two games ago (three if you count H4).

Hmm, well, I guess you're right, but they still have become a major part of the multiplayer community. Removing them removes a portion of the fanbase.

If you value balance, how can you say Elites being gone is completely bad? Elites' anatomy is too different from a Human's. That destroys a bit of the balance. One or the other is going to be easier to kill. Now, Elites have been great to play as in Halo 2, but after that, they were a bad balancing issue.

Halo: Reach had it right, by making SWAT Spartan only, but to do that In Halo 4, they have to let you have two different species like Reach. And force one on you in many playlists to balance it. This is not a good idea since most playlists need balance anyway. Either you all play Elites, or you all play Spartans. But making this much division to please some players isn't worth it in the long run. That's twice as many playlists to run and keep up. You have to think of some facts, here.

• Like 1