Whats your opinion on 'Spartan Ops'

valyou3

I think they shouldn't market a game as fit for solo play when its "almost" impossible to finish solo.

Was trying to email 343 directly but since they hide like small children I'll put it here instead..... Going spawn die spawn die spawn die is NOT fun. How are we expected to enjoy completing the missions on solo when there are 20 (yes I had twenty doggies) sitting at the spawn point?

How about 5 Knights blocking a small hallway and you havent got enough ammo to kill even 1?

Also I've had to replay 2 different missions because even though I finished them the link to Xbox Live dropped while I was playing and they were never actually recorded as being done.

I've only played the first 4 missions on episode 1 and to be honest its so frustrating I probably wont be playing the rest...

Thats my thoughts on spartan ops.

It is amazing, promotes team-play and tells a story that will explain much of what will happen in halo 5. It allows you to serve up your own style of covenant killing with varied objectives and maps. The only problem is how easy it is. If your whole team all dies, you do not lose, you respawn! Furthermore, it does not have an ODST-style life system either, so you can just rush them all day long and still prevail, even on Legendary.

Dear 343, Fan Feedback.

Spartan Ops. You guys definitely need to come up with a way to make Spartan Ops more challenging to players OTHER THAN giving all the enemies Fuel Rod Cannons.

Getting blasted in the face by a fuel rod shot faster than the human brain can respond is not fun, it’s not challenging, it’s just a stop gap measure that prolongs the level, with a respawn count vice more content or game play.

Eradicate or minimize the amount of fuel rod wielding enemies please.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Another thing, can we get an episode where a high ranking Marine tells Commander Palmer off?

I really don't know what 343 has against conventional military, but they make the rest of the military besides Spartans look hopelessly incompetent.

The marine should outline that it's really easy to accomplish what others can't when your wearing shielded power armor. Spartan IV's in my eyes are a bunch of elitist a$$h0les and are completely unlikable.

Honestly my opinion is that it's pretty fun and so far it's the best way to rank up quickly 5k every time and if you're lucky enough to have some extra double XP around and do one you get about 10,000 - 11,199 XP which is awesome, also i like that so far the missions consist of at least one mission where you can/do use a vehicle for the whole mission which is pretty fun. So far I've played a lot of Spartan Ops chapter 4 on the mission with all the warthogs, i find it very fun and it seems like most people stick with that mission. But yeah overall i love it and it's my favorite way to avoid boosters in PvP and rank up fast.

Thanks for reading,

Predatorx24x

GT: qp PR3DAT0R qp

Another thing, can we get an episode where a high ranking Marine tells Commander Palmer off?

I really don't know what 343 has against conventional military, but they make the rest of the military besides Spartans look hopelessly incompetent.

The marine should outline that it's really easy to accomplish what others can't when your wearing shielded power armor. Spartan IV's in my eyes are a bunch of elitist a$$h0les and are completely unlikable.

Spartan IV's are not going to be like Chief. Anyone can become a Spartan IV now. The reason chief doesn't have an attitude like this is because he was trained by Halsey. I also don't find Palmer too bad lol I don't mind the way they are :)

Spartan ops is a nice idea but I'm not a real fan. I've played the first 3 chapters only really to see the video cut scenes. If they made the missions with a bit more interesting variety it would be great, so far I've found the whole process a tad boring and repetitive with little more than the satisfaction of having finished it and it's waves and waves of Prometheans. I'm holding out for the story but would have liked it to have been more involved in the missions and being able to select an OLD chapter to find a match for would have been nice too.

Spartan IV's are not going to be like Chief. Anyone can become a Spartan IV now. The reason chief doesn't have an attitude like this is because he was trained by Halsey. I also don't find Palmer too bad lol I don't mind the way they are .

Yeah thought that was obvious :) Raised from 7 years old to be a badass no nonsense Innie killing machine makes a Spartan 4 look like G.I Joes compared to a S2.

I was thinking about getting Halo 4 for the holidays, so I did some research. I loved playing Firefight in Reach, and the Matchmaking made it so much more convenient to find people to play due to my rather unconventional work hours.

Hearing now that there is no matchmaking for older Episodes/Missions of Spartan Ops is a real let down. What about the people that didn't buy it on release? Are we supposed to be penalized for not throwing our money at you right from the go?

The reasoning behind the matchmaking is quite flawed, as the weekly nature of the episodes is most likely the real cause of the low player numbers.

As with a TV show, once you've seen it, there's no real reason to watch it again and again. Sure, you come by every week to check it out, but once you've done it, it's done, and there's no more reason to stay in Spartan Ops. If you look at the player numbers I would guess you see a lot of players in the first two days of each episode, then everybody leaves.

Why? Because unless you have dedicated friends to play the older episodes there's just nothing to do here. All you can do is play the current episode then wait for the next one, and no matter how great the episode may be, after the third time or so it will get boring and you will leave to play MP or some other game (the lack of Co-Op Matchmaking for the Campaign is another really strange decision).

I'm sorry, but there is something very deeply ingrained in a lot of players that takes issue with someone telling you what you can play when. Firefight/Reach let you just play something different with random people anytime you want, with different maps you could choose from. Sure, it was no episodic, story-driven experience, but the availability and diversity is what made it continuously interesting for so many people.

As such, I feel that because I did not buy the game at release, I am now missing out on quite a lot of content, and that irks me a lot. I was looking forward to playing both Halo4 campaign and Spartan Ops, but with 343 telling me "I'm sorry, unless you have friends to play with, the only thing we let you play is this" I pretty much feel like telling them to go F*** themselves.

I understand why they thought it would be necessary to consolidate the player population, but their "solution" actually exacerbates the problem. They're basically saying "This week, you can only play this level." Now, personally, this already galls me on a basis of principle - I do not like being told what to do with a video game I paid for, and on some level I feel cheated out of a part of the game - but does nobody at 343 see that limiting the accessibility of episodic content also limits the options and reasons for people to stay with it?

If you wait all week for your favorite TV-Show, you watch it and then turn off the TV and wait for the next episode. There's a reason why many TV-Shows now let you watch the current season's episodes on their website so you can catch up with what's been happening, but with TV-Shows you don't need 3 other people to really enjoy it.

If Spartan Ops had all the Episodes in matchmaking it would actually create an influx of people playing it, since they'd have more reason to be there and stay there. New-comers could start at the beginning and not be forced to try and understand things from around the middle. The people that have already played the episodes will of course play the new one first, but when they are finished they can stick around and play some of the older ones as well. If they had an episode they really liked they can enjoy it with people without previous planning or invites.

The decision to limit matchmaking to the current episode is a terrible mistake, that limits Spartan Ops to a weekly "event" with no replay value, an event dependent on something outside of player control, and can in no way hold up to the convenient accessibility and availability of Firefight.

I urge 343 to reconsider their view on this, because it is, simply put, exactly the wrong way to go about it.

I adore this mode. Absolutely adore it. This is the one part of Halo 4 that 343 hit on the HEAD. My gripes here are very minor and I will still be absolutely perfectly happy even if I never see them. Those being:

I'd like a second set of loadouts just for spartan ops: I like to switch around my loadouts, or at least my top/favorite two for spartan ops, and if I'm bouncing back and forth between that and war games it can get tedious.

I'd like to see more weapon options in Spartan Ops: If you can get ammo for it from one of the magical infinite ammo boxes in the mode, or is another race's equivelant of it, I'd like to see it pop up as a loadout option in that spartan ops only loadout section I mentioned. That would mean adding SAW, shotgun, railgun, needler, concussion rifle and scattershot as options to start with in spartan ops.

My primary logic for this is if you die, the spawns can at times be very unfortunate. I remember on one chapter dying 8 times because I died and popped up right next to three knights. It took that many respawns and immediate grenade throws to get enough lucky sticks before I was annihilated before I was able to continue and finish the episode.

I was thinking about getting Halo 4 for the holidays, so I did some research. I loved playing Firefight in Reach, and the Matchmaking made it so much more convenient to find people to play due to my rather unconventional work hours.

Hearing now that there is no matchmaking for older Episodes/Missions of Spartan Ops is a real let down. What about the people that didn't buy it on release? Are we supposed to be penalized for not throwing our money at you right from the go?

The reasoning behind the matchmaking is quite flawed, as the weekly nature of the episodes is most likely the real cause of the low player numbers.

As with a TV show, once you've seen it, there's no real reason to watch it again and again. Sure, you come by every week to check it out, but once you've done it, it's done, and there's no more reason to stay in Spartan Ops. If you look at the player numbers I would guess you see a lot of players in the first two days of each episode, then everybody leaves.

Why? Because unless you have dedicated friends to play the older episodes there's just nothing to do here. All you can do is play the current episode then wait for the next one, and no matter how great the episode may be, after the third time or so it will get boring and you will leave to play MP or some other game (the lack of Co-Op Matchmaking for the Campaign is another really strange decision).

I'm sorry, but there is something very deeply ingrained in a lot of players that takes issue with someone telling you what you can play when. Firefight/Reach let you just play something different with random people anytime you want, with different maps you could choose from. Sure, it was no episodic, story-driven experience, but the availability and diversity is what made it continuously interesting for so many people.

As such, I feel that because I did not buy the game at release, I am now missing out on quite a lot of content, and that irks me a lot. I was looking forward to playing both Halo4 campaign and Spartan Ops, but with 343 telling me "I'm sorry, unless you have friends to play with, the only thing we let you play is this" I pretty much feel like telling them to go F*** themselves.

I understand why they thought it would be necessary to consolidate the player population, but their "solution" actually exacerbates the problem. They're basically saying "This week, you can only play this level." Now, personally, this already galls me on a basis of principle - I do not like being told what to do with a video game I paid for, and on some level I feel cheated out of a part of the game - but does nobody at 343 see that limiting the accessibility of episodic content also limits the options and reasons for people to stay with it?

If you wait all week for your favorite TV-Show, you watch it and then turn off the TV and wait for the next episode. There's a reason why many TV-Shows now let you watch the current season's episodes on their website so you can catch up with what's been happening, but with TV-Shows you don't need 3 other people to really enjoy it.

If Spartan Ops had all the Episodes in matchmaking it would actually create an influx of people playing it, since they'd have more reason to be there and stay there. New-comers could start at the beginning and not be forced to try and understand things from around the middle. The people that have already played the episodes will of course play the new one first, but when they are finished they can stick around and play some of the older ones as well. If they had an episode they really liked they can enjoy it with people without previous planning or invites.

The decision to limit matchmaking to the current episode is a terrible mistake, that limits Spartan Ops to a weekly "event" with no replay value, an event dependent on something outside of player control, and can in no way hold up to the convenient accessibility and availability of Firefight.

I urge 343 to reconsider their view on this, because it is, simply put, exactly the wrong way to go about it.

This x 2

Honestly, I love the concept of Spartan Ops and its potential to flesh out Halo 4 even moreso. It adds more context for the universe as it currently is and involves characters that would normaly only get fleshed out in the books (Halsey); however, the odd matchmaking playlists punishes newcomers and those with odd schedules, it recycles the same maps over and over, and dear God I hate Palmer and Miller. Palmer sounds like Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds (Palmer=Eggheads; Ogre=Nerds), while Miller sounds like a 13 year old at the helm calling the foes "bad guys." If they gave us more context on Palmer, like her trying to prove herself to the legendary spartan 2 and 3 programs and not admitting that science has heped her become on that level, then I understand (but we are not given much to indicate this at all). She instead comes off as...Ogre. Most of the Spartan IVs just seem poorly written....it's like the writers are trying too hard to make them look un-Spartan-like compared to the ones from the Spartan 2 and even 3 programs. I know they're trying to demonstrate Halsey's point from the train ride but jeez guys, trying too hard.

I aso want a co-op campaign matchmaking like in Reach. None of my other friends have Halo 4 and Reach. When it came to Campaign Co-Op with Reach, I went on matchmaking 9/10 times. I would love such an option for 4, considering its campaign is better in my view and such a mode can increase the campaign's replay value.

I just finished playing the first three chapters split screen with a friend and we had a lot of fun with it. It's actually the only game mode we played for an extended period. It was pretty repetitive and the story didn't really hold my attention, but the gameplay itself was quite enjoyable. I'm looking forward to playing through the rest of it.

According to the GI Article 'Spartan Ops' is structured like a TV Season, each week players gain access to a new CG Movie sequence that slowly unfolds the story, along with 5 objective based cooperative (2-4 Players) missions to play through. These missions will be new content offering unseen locations, events and challenges for that week. The missions will be replaced by the new ones every week, but the video will be archived to view any time.

This isn't paid DLC, its already on your Copy of Halo 4, its designed to stretch out across several months.

My Opinion: Well I didn't care much for Firefight but loved Invasion, I believe this is going to be amazing playing with friends/family. What I believe which is what will keep this going is people wondering what is going to happen next? I'm hoping later on they get a small team to be dedicated to 'Spartan Ops' to keep the CG movie sequence going throughout the games time.

I have been very entertained with the story of spartan ops, I also watched the vids on Waypoint (which were pretty cool). on another aspect, I enjoy playing it on legendary and not having to do it over when I die. If there are two big guys i have to kill, I get one but I'am killed by the other. I don't have to kill them both again I only have the 1 fella left. I enjoy the running in gunblazing and being able to continue progressing after the covies blow my head off.