Discouraged....And I'm not the only one (Halo 4)

Simply Bizness

I hope all this speculation about halo 4 is not true. 343 you could possibly ruin the halo game for everybody. This is your make or break game as I see it along with many of my friends. What made the halo franchise such a wanted game was the competitiveness it brought to the table. There are millions of gamers out there that thrive on the competitiveness on reaching the high skill of 50. And the gamers spent countless hours buying Microsoft codes in order to make new accounts in hopes of reaching a 50. Turning the game into a Call of Duty version will make you lose your followers. We don't play call of duty. we are skilled gamers. That is why Halo created a SOCIAL playlist for the casual gamers. The die hard gamers played ranked Team Slayer, Team Doubles, Team Objective, Snipers and Swat. Your game will go off the charts in sales if you stop trying to become more and more geared towards the casual gamers. Go back to halo 2 and 3. What made them successful?? Then compare reach. Nobody in the competitive gaming likes reach. Ask the pro's. They loved Halo 3. WE DO NOT WANT TO BUY ANOTHER CALL OF DUTY. ITS THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN JUST NEW MAPS. Keep multiplayer like Halo 2 and 3 and change around the campaign,firefight, and spec ops all you want and sales will be crazy. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

WE DO NOT WANT TO BUY ANOTHER CALL OF DUTY. ITS THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN JUST NEW MAPS. Keep multiplayer like Halo 2 and 3 and change around the campaign,firefight, and spec ops all you want and sales will be crazy. :thumbsup:

Quote of the day. We don't want to buy another CoD, it's the same thing over and over, but keep the new multiplayer the same as it was? Isn't that buying the same thing over and over?

• Like 2

Quote of the day. We don't want to buy another CoD, it's the same thing over and over, but keep the new multiplayer the same as it was? Isn't that buying the same thing over and over?

I noticed that too. And by the way, simply bizness, YOU dont play CoD. I do, and so do many people who use these forums. I enjoy each game for what it is. let 343i make their changes. For all we know, the game might actually become better. We as speculators often assume an idea wll have the worst possible effect just because the idea is bold. I feel like we should give it a shot. And for the love of god, stop comparing Halo to a bunch of other games, especially CoD. if you looked hard enough, every game has a feature or plays similar to another game. Gears of War 3 and Mass Effect 3. halo and CoD. Halo Wars and Civ Rev. there are endless comparisons with games, because usually the base formula is the same. Just because a game is simiilar to another doesnt make it that game.

When a halo forum has CoD mentioned more than Halo, a change needs to happen within the community (imo)

• Like 2

First of all, casual gamers are the majority. Secondly, there are skilled players (not MLG OMG PROZ) MLG are just try hards (no offence), that like Reach, i happen to be one of them when i am in the mood to deal with it. Thirdly, what give you the right to tell 343, and casuals this and that? Fourth, what makes a 1-50 system so great, i have played halo 3, and it just promotes stacked teams. This is why the system needs to be re-worked, for people who want to play alone, or want to do a playlist with a stacked team. Winning is not Skill. A game is to have fun, respect the title, and make cool friends and have nice competition. You sir are not a gamer in my eyes.

• Like 3

Okay, I have the same issue, but let me try to clarify. CoD is a good game, but it is not Halo, fair enough to say? Okay, well the current trend in Halo games, that began with Reach, was an attempt to capture the CoD market and neuter the competitive gamers. What do I mean by that, well, if you look at the first 3 Halo games and compare that to Reach they are 2 entirely different animals. Then if you look at the Multiplayer of Reach and compare it to CoD you see similarities such as loadouts, slower players, less jumping ability and so on. When I play Reach it feels more CoD than Halo. That feeling is also because they tried to make a game that "anyone could pick up and play and be competitive." That is simply put, an awful idea. They tried to demotivate boosting by taking away visible ranks to demotivate boosters (and subsequently competitive gamers as well). Then they tried to get new less skilled gamers to become avid gamers by trying to shrink the skill gap by giving out AA's that are nothing short of get out of jail free cards for less skilled gamers. Why does that hurt competitive gamers more than others? Simple, those powerups are no longer points of control, everyone has them, so it is like giving everyone on H3 the ability to turn on overshield at any point they want. It takes away from the players smart enough to time powerups, which is one thing in the favor of those who didn't do that. Then there was the whole bloom fiasco which was nothing but introducing randomness into the equation to help the less skilled gamers get lucky kills. Tying this to H4, the announcements made in the GI article sound like nothing more than a stronger attempt to take away things that skilled gamers did and give them to everyone. Skilled gamers could use intuition to make guesses where players that are low shields might go, now there is forerunner vision to give that skill to everyone since they can see through walls, essentially turning every map into an empty foundry. They are also rewarding time spent in the game by giving those who just play, not even do well, just play the opportunity to have advantages over those that only play every now and then with the addition of purchasing loadouts. It sounds more and more like the game is going to be catered to less skilled gamers, which will totally ruin it for the competitive base that represents 85-90% of their customer base. I for one am very discouraged by the news, though there is an idea floating around that I like that could make all of this work, if you are interested I posted it in the GI leak thread.

I noticed that too. And by the way, simply bizness, YOU dont play CoD. I do, and so do many people who use these forums. I enjoy each game for what it is. let 343i make their changes. For all we know, the game might actually become better. We as speculators often assume an idea wll have the worst possible effect just because the idea is bold. I feel like we should give it a shot. And for the love of god, stop comparing Halo to a bunch of other games, especially CoD. if you looked hard enough, every game has a feature or plays similar to another game. Gears of War 3 and Mass Effect 3. halo and CoD. Halo Wars and Civ Rev. there are endless comparisons with games, because usually the base formula is the same. Just because a game is simiilar to another doesnt make it that game. When a halo forum has CoD mentioned more than Halo, a change needs to happen within the community (imo)

Oh I don't? That's right you would know because we are friends on xbox and play COD all the time. And if your saying Halo and COD always had similarities then your wrong. Halo separated itself from the rest of first person shooters.

First of all, casual gamers are the majority. Secondly, there are skilled players (not MLG OMG PROZ) MLG are just try hards (no offence), that like Reach, i happen to be one of them when i am in the mood to deal with it. Thirdly, what give you the right to tell 343, and casuals this and that? Fourth, what makes a 1-50 system so great, i have played halo 3, and it just promotes stacked teams. This is why the system needs to be re-worked, for people who want to play alone, or want to do a playlist with a stacked team. Winning is not Skill. A game is to have fun, respect the title, and make cool friends and have nice competition. You sir are not a gamer in my eyes.

First of all bud its my opinion and I can voice it however I want. Yes i would like 343 to look at this but realistically they won't. Secondly a ranking system shows the skill on that player. And everybody wants to become better. Sorry shooting through walls in COD is not skill. They have "alone" playlists called lone wolves. I am so glad I have your opinion that I am not a gamer. My world is now over.

Okay, I have the same issue, but let me try to clarify. CoD is a good game, but it is not Halo, fair enough to say? Okay, well the current trend in Halo games, that began with Reach, was an attempt to capture the CoD market and neuter the competitive gamers. What do I mean by that, well, if you look at the first 3 Halo games and compare that to Reach they are 2 entirely different animals. Then if you look at the Multiplayer of Reach and compare it to CoD you see similarities such as loadouts, slower players, less jumping ability and so on. When I play Reach it feels more CoD than Halo. That feeling is also because they tried to make a game that "anyone could pick up and play and be competitive." That is simply put, an awful idea. They tried to demotivate boosting by taking away visible ranks to demotivate boosters (and subsequently competitive gamers as well). Then they tried to get new less skilled gamers to become avid gamers by trying to shrink the skill gap by giving out AA's that are nothing short of get out of jail free cards for less skilled gamers. Why does that hurt competitive gamers more than others? Simple, those powerups are no longer points of control, everyone has them, so it is like giving everyone on H3 the ability to turn on overshield at any point they want. It takes away from the players smart enough to time powerups, which is one thing in the favor of those who didn't do that. Then there was the whole bloom fiasco which was nothing but introducing randomness into the equation to help the less skilled gamers get lucky kills. Tying this to H4, the announcements made in the GI article sound like nothing more than a stronger attempt to take away things that skilled gamers did and give them to everyone. Skilled gamers could use intuition to make guesses where players that are low shields might go, now there is forerunner vision to give that skill to everyone since they can see through walls, essentially turning every map into an empty foundry. They are also rewarding time spent in the game by giving those who just play, not even do well, just play the opportunity to have advantages over those that only play every now and then with the addition of purchasing loadouts. It sounds more and more like the game is going to be catered to less skilled gamers, which will totally ruin it for the competitive base that represents 85-90% of their customer base. I for one am very discouraged by the news, though there is an idea floating around that I like that could make all of this work, if you are interested I posted it in the GI leak thread.

I agree, it's putting every player on the same playing field. For that reason I am discouraged. And then they add this join in progress?? come on now

• Like 1

Oh I don't? That's right you would know because we are friends on xbox and play COD all the time. And if your saying Halo and COD always had similarities then your wrong. Halo separated itself from the rest of first person shooters.

First of all bud its my opinion and I can voice it however I want. Yes i would like 343 to look at this but realistically they won't. Secondly a ranking system shows the skill on that player. And everybody wants to become better. Sorry shooting through walls in COD is not skill. They have "alone" playlists called lone wolves. I am so glad I have your opinion that I am not a gamer. My world is now over.

You can say your opinion, but way you are putting thing makes me doubt you even more. You might be skilled, but i doubt it. Way you act is childish and nothing more. If you want to debate with me go right ahead. Winning is not SKILL, you can not calculate SKILL. I agree it is the best way, but it needs to be re-worked entirely, as i said before in my previous statement. Also, how am i comparing that Cod, and Halo are alike?

343 isn't motivated simply by what the competitive core of Halo players want. They are motivated by sales. They can't make a financially successful game based simply on playing to a small group of Halo fans. They are being forced to modernize, one way or another.

If people want a remake of previous Halos, get over it. Nostalgia and the previous trilogy just left the building, for better or for worse.

• Like 3

I would start, but its already been said. So Im gonna copy paste it.

343 isn't motivated simply by what the competitive core of Halo players want. They are motivated by sales. They can't make a financially successful game based simply on playing to a small group of Halo fans. They are being forced to modernize, one way or another.

VivaLebowski

KilltheKing

Yup. Thats what I was gonna say. Sticking to the same audience that has slowly been moving away would destroy Halo . It might take a while, but sticking to the same people would kill Halo.

• Like 1

I hope all this speculation about halo 4 is not true. 343 you could possibly ruin the halo game for everybody. This is your make or break game as I see it along with many of my friends. What made the halo franchise such a wanted game was the competitiveness it brought to the table. There are millions of gamers out there that thrive on the competitiveness on reaching the high skill of 50. And the gamers spent countless hours buying Microsoft codes in order to make new accounts in hopes of reaching a 50. Turning the game into a Call of Duty version will make you lose your followers. We don't play call of duty. we are skilled gamers. That is why Halo created a SOCIAL playlist for the casual gamers. The die hard gamers played ranked Team Slayer, Team Doubles, Team Objective, Snipers and Swat. Your game will go off the charts in sales if you stop trying to become more and more geared towards the casual gamers. Go back to halo 2 and 3. What made them successful?? Then compare reach. Nobody in the competitive gaming likes reach. Ask the pro's. They loved Halo 3. WE DO NOT WANT TO BUY ANOTHER CALL OF DUTY. ITS THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN JUST NEW MAPS. Keep multiplayer like Halo 2 and 3 and change around the campaign,firefight, and spec ops all you want and sales will be crazy. :thumbsup:

SHUT THE **** UP AND GET OFF THIS SITE NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR WARPED OPINIONS.