Bring back "Pinnacle" and "Uncaged" in Team Swat!!!!

mikeyr

Its up to 343i and they've seen that those maps have not been used as much so they just cut the maps cords for swat.

Actually, quite the opposite. They were played to much. However, this is Not their reason for removing them. I don't need to write a big wall of text explaining why. I can sum it all up in a sentence or two:

These maps were total spawn traps for one team. Not both, but one. You wondered why they removed it if Many voted for it? Because all those votes always came from the team that knew they had they advantage of spawn killing. Consider that.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished a game of SWAT on Asylum. People were spawned behind me twice and I was killed. I was blue spawn and continued getting spawned near the red base, therefore spawn killed. Normally I just get over it and go about my day, but since Pinnacle and Uncaged have been removed for the same reasons, I feel like I should complain about it too! Like I said previously, if you're gonna remove those two, you better remove Asylum because it is FAR WORSE for these conditions. Yes, this leaves even smaller choices but then maybe 343 would understand they need to take a different approach to removing maps. For example, monitoring what people vote for, I remember someone saying this before. SWAT is simply not fun for me anymore. Asylum has been my least favorite map, followed by Reflection and playing them 4 times in a row is obviously not something I want to do and since SWAT is all I like play, I'm considering quitting Reach altogether. I don't mind Sword Base, Zealot, and Countdown at ALL (I LOVE them) but it's not like I see an option for them very often. Way to go 343, you did exactly what I hoped you wouldn't.

Personal opinion, but I can't stand Asylum... AND PEOPLE ALWAYS VOTE FOR IT. I agree with the OP on the part where he says there aren't enough selection for swat. Here's what my experience is in how often the maps are played:

Reflection/Asylum - 70% of the time

Countdown/Zealot - 20% of the time

Sword Base - 10% of the time

These are all give or take but still pretty close. Also, I think I may have gotten Powerhouse every once in a blue moon but it hardly ever happens for swat. Less than Sword Base I could tell ya that. Anyway, point is, 343 needs to add more of a selection.

As someone who plays SWAT almost exclusively, I was pretty pissed off about this yesterday when I started playing Reach again. I hadn't played since about October (moved, didn't have XBL set up and everything yet, but I digress), and after an hour or so, I started to notice that oh, hey, I've played Countdown about six times in a row.

Uncaged I can agree with being removed to an extent, but not without being replaced. There's THOUSANDS of Forge maps out there; you couldn't give us just one? How about a remake of any older map? Just off the top of my head, a few maps from older games that would be/are great SWAT maps -

- Lockout

- The Pit

- Narrows

- Wizard

- Guardian

- Battle Creek

- Colossus

- Foundation

- Turf

Most of those wouldn't even be hard to forge, and I am gonna go out on a limb here and say that good versions of them all probably already exist. Come on, The Pit especially would be a PERFECT addition to the list.

Pinnacle, on the other hand, I completely disagree with. I understand that it's very possible to get spawn trapped on Pinnacle, but like everyone else has already said, Asylum is FAR worse in that regard. On top of that, being probably my best map, I can honestly say that there aren't many places on Pinnacle that are particularly difficult to counter. The low side of the big tower is the most easily defensible and reliable spot to camp on Pinnacle, and as someone who used that spot a ton, there are a ton of blind spots from that position. You're only really guaranteed to get shot at if you spawn on the landing pad while someone is in that spot, and even then, sprinting immediately upon spawning (which is something most SWAT players learn to do fairly quickly as the cardinal rule of playing SWAT is "if you stop moving, you die") greatly reduces the chances of them taking you out. Removing Pinnacle feels a lot like punishing a skill gap to me in the sense that the complaints against it are largely "these people keep using the same two or three spots to kill me and I can't figure out how to counter them, please remove the map from the list so I don't have to get better at the game", and that, to me, is really boring and really lame.

Finally, we still have Boardwalk, which is a remarkably bad SWAT map. It's far too slow and labyrinth-like to function properly in what is designed to be a fast-paced gametype. Magnums on Boardwalk in particular is horrendously slow.

tl;dr version of my two cents would be this -

343, if you're reading this, give us back Pinnacle, get rid of Boardwalk, and give us The Pit, Lockout, Battle Creek, or any combination of the maps I listed above. They'd all be great. Come on.

As someone who plays SWAT almost exclusively, I was pretty pissed off about this yesterday when I started playing Reach again. I hadn't played since about October (moved, didn't have XBL set up and everything yet, but I digress), and after an hour or so, I started to notice that oh, hey, I've played Countdown about six times in a row.

Uncaged I can agree with being removed to an extent, but not without being replaced. There's THOUSANDS of Forge maps out there; you couldn't give us just one? How about a remake of any older map? Just off the top of my head, a few maps from older games that would be/are great SWAT maps -

- Lockout

- The Pit

- Narrows

- Wizard

- Guardian

- Battle Creek

- Colossus

- Foundation

- Turf

Most of those wouldn't even be hard to forge, and I am gonna go out on a limb here and say that good versions of them all probably already exist. Come on, The Pit especially would be a PERFECT addition to the list.

Pinnacle, on the other hand, I completely disagree with. I understand that it's very possible to get spawn trapped on Pinnacle, but like everyone else has already said, Asylum is FAR worse in that regard. On top of that, being probably my best map, I can honestly say that there aren't many places on Pinnacle that are particularly difficult to counter. The low side of the big tower is the most easily defensible and reliable spot to camp on Pinnacle, and as someone who used that spot a ton, there are a ton of blind spots from that position. You're only really guaranteed to get shot at if you spawn on the landing pad while someone is in that spot, and even then, sprinting immediately upon spawning (which is something most SWAT players learn to do fairly quickly as the cardinal rule of playing SWAT is "if you stop moving, you die") greatly reduces the chances of them taking you out. Removing Pinnacle feels a lot like punishing a skill gap to me in the sense that the complaints against it are largely "these people keep using the same two or three spots to kill me and I can't figure out how to counter them, please remove the map from the list so I don't have to get better at the game", and that, to me, is really boring and really lame.

Finally, we still have Boardwalk, which is a remarkably bad SWAT map. It's far too slow and labyrinth-like to function properly in what is designed to be a fast-paced gametype. Magnums on Boardwalk in particular is horrendously slow.

tl;dr version of my two cents would be this -

343, if you're reading this, give us back Pinnacle, get rid of Boardwalk, and give us The Pit, Lockout, Battle Creek, or any combination of the maps I listed above. They'd all be great. Come on.

I totally agree with your other map suggestions, like the Pit Remake is already in MLG, so i dont see why they dont chuck in SWAT, but i still disagree with Pinnacle and Uncaged coming back. But thats only my opinion.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I've played plenty of custom SWAT games on The Pit, and it's great. The Pit is pretty much the perfect symmetrical map, it's already made, and it's definitely a fan favorite (I don't remember a time The Pit has ever popped up in Reach or Halo 3 on any list that it didn't get voted for), so why not toss it in there and see how it goes? I can't see anyone complaining about it. Just remove that stupid above-the-map spawn point for the SWAT variant, and boom, it's good to go.

Swat has almost been ruined for me. Yes, I made an account to complain. That's how bad it is. You kept my two most hated maps in Halo, and removed my two SWAT favourites. DAFUQ? Pinnacle was chosen every time so there is no way that is wasn't wanted, and even then it was a more rare map to play on, so why bother? Now the only map I like on SWAT is zealot, and we all know how much that is played on... What you catered to is the eliteist players of Halo who go on the forums frequently, as opposed to the massive amounts of players who solely spend time on consoles. Honestly, it is up to the players to decide whether or not to spawn kill. How about this, if you complain about spawn killing, simply avoid them *GASP*. No more problem spawn killers, and we get more maps. Fair solution to everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Like the person above me I've also created an account purely to voice my opinion on this. I play SWAT exclusively like many others have said, and it's just incredibly boring these days.

Everyone else has already said everything better than I could and I don't have an opinion on the spawn killings or anything like that, all I know is that there are not enough maps in the swat playlist.

Please add some more maps or I just won't be able to enjoy Reach any more.

• 2 weeks later...

The thing about the whole camping/spawn killing thing though, is that while on Uncaged, controlling the elbow will pretty much win you 99% of games, there isn't a single spot on Pinnacle that's particularly difficult to counter. While it's true that you can see most of the spawns on the map from the low side of the big tower, this also requires a lot of guesswork and the landing pad aside, there's cover within a one or two second sprint from pretty much every spawn on Pinnacle. I've gotten my share of Killimanjaros from that spot, so I know it can be useful, but even the best players in that position still have to watch at least three different directions at once to prevent being snuck up on, and running up the front side of the tower is a complete blind spot. Again, taking away Pinnacle feels like punishing a skill gap rather than taking away an "unbalanced" map. If 343 REALLY wants to do away with unbalanced maps, why the HELL is Boardwalk still in SWAT?

• 3 weeks later...

I just made an account with this forum just to say that I'm very disappointed with the removal of Pinnacle and Uncaged from SWAT, while i understand the intention to make a much more fairer game, you haven't added anything new and have made a short list that was tolerable now shorter and unbearable :(

That's a good reason, but can't you just put one way shield's to keep ppl from entering your spawn is it that hard to do

They don't need to enter the spawn since in SWAT nobody has shields. If they added one-way shields to block to the spawns, one team would just end up hiding behind the shields because the other team would kill them immediately if they left.

• Like 1

I didn't remember to look at the dates that these were posted, but considering that I never even see reflection anymore and the only two maps that even seem to exist in Swat are Countdown and Sword base then I'm going to have to take a guess that it has been a while. First of all, I would like to say that this is completely ridiculous. I played at the very least a total of 100 games of SWAT in the last two days with friends and none of us knew why we weren't seeing any maps other than Countdown and Sword Base. Uncaged was my second favorite map in SWAT and I never noticed and camping or spawn killing of any kind other than the people who camped at the lift and the spawn killing of the people that would spawn at the bottom of the map underneath the landing spot of the lift area. The people that would camp by the lift died within seconds and you rarely ever spawned down below the lift. As for Pinnacle, I could care so much less. There really wasn't so much of a problem with spawn killing in my opinion, but the camping was HORRIBLE. Now, I don't know much about this topic, but if I recall, Bunjie never once took a map off of Halo 3, so why are you taking maps already off of Reach, 343? I could be wrong about that but I never noticed maps disappearing like they are in SWAT, that's for sure. And like everyone has been saying, there was absolutely no notification of this idea of taking maps down. The only reason I even ended up here was because I Googled this "Why are there only two maps on Halo Reach swat now". The top answer was this page. Thats just pathetic. And if it really is up to the community then why are we not seeing the maps being brought back? It's obvious that the "community" (being the members of this site, apparently) does want these maps back. I really don't care what the "community" wants regardless, but I will say that it is absolutely retarded to only be able to play Countdown and Sword Base, which by the way used to be my favorite map, but after playing it around 75 times in 2 days, I'm completely sick of seeing it. I don't know if this really is about spawn killling and camping or whatever else. But there are ups and downs to every single map. That's just how it is, it is a GAME, learn to play the way you need to in order to defeat campers and spawn killers. Trust me, I hate them too, they are a very sad bunch that can't get kills any other way, but I would give anything to see Uncaged back. Even Pinnacle which I hate, but anything would be better than just TWO MAPS. Are you kidding. As for now, I am DONE with Reach. I am very wary about buying Halo 4 as well. 343, you have to get it together. You should have put some letter into the game like you always do to announce the Bonus Jackpot or whatever it is. You could have done SOMETHING other than just letting people that are abviously on HERE more than on the GAME. Everyone that plays Reach is a paying customer and we paid for ALL the maps, camping or not. Please bring some more maps back. Anything would do, there just has to be more than the two that are there.

Hey everyone,

The OP here. I really appreciate everyone taking the time out to voice their opinion on this subject. Do I think it's going to make a difference? Quite frankly, NO. I've been arguing that we need to bring these two maps back or give us some new ones for SWAT on this board and over on the HALO xbox boards for months now. 343 gave us SWAT players the finger, and you know what, I'm giving it right back to them. F'm. I used to be a 3-4 times a week SWAT player, but after the update that removed those two maps and left us with far fewer map choices, I've played just a handful of times, and probably not even once in the last month or so.

So keep up the good fight! I don't know if it will do any good, but 343 you have lost me a customer.