Bring back "Pinnacle" and "Uncaged" in Team Swat!!!!

mikeyr

I just finished a game of SWAT on Asylum. People were spawned behind me twice and I was killed. I was blue spawn and continued getting spawned near the red base, therefore spawn killed. Normally I just get over it and go about my day, but since Pinnacle and Uncaged have been removed for the same reasons, I feel like I should complain about it too! Like I said previously, if you're gonna remove those two, you better remove Asylum because it is FAR WORSE for these conditions. Yes, this leaves even smaller choices but then maybe 343 would understand they need to take a different approach to removing maps. For example, monitoring what people vote for, I remember someone saying this before. SWAT is simply not fun for me anymore. Asylum has been my least favorite map, followed by Reflection and playing them 4 times in a row is obviously not something I want to do and since SWAT is all I like play, I'm considering quitting Reach altogether. I don't mind Sword Base, Zealot, and Countdown at ALL (I LOVE them) but it's not like I see an option for them very often. Way to go 343, you did exactly what I hoped you wouldn't.

• Like 2

So I was on vacation for the past week or so, and got logged back into Halo Reach to play me some Team Swat. For the past three days, the selections have been nothing but either "Asylum" or "Reflection", with a small scattering of "Sword Base" and "Countdown." I've probably played 50+ games in Team Swat and Pinnacle or Uncaged have never even been an option, which is disappointing because they are my two favorite maps.

So I did a little digging and found out for some reason that the April update removed these maps? Why? Why remove choices from the consumer? I am HIGHLY disappointed in this decision. I know about all the arguments against these maps (spawn killing, etc) but if you don't like the maps, then don't vote for them, but at least give us the option to play them!! So now we are basically stuck with so few maps as to make the game almost unplayable. I can only take so much Reflection and Asylum over and over again it gets very repetitive quickly. I’m thinking of switching over to another game and not wasting my time on the 15th consecutive game of Reflection.

How can we get these maps restored ASAP? Anyone with me? Or does everyone hate these maps too? Is there someone here we can discuss this with?

I feel like every other map i play on SWAT is on pinnacle..Im pretty tired of that map in general at this point.

I just finished a game of SWAT on Asylum. People were spawned behind me twice and I was killed. I was blue spawn and continued getting spawned near the red base, therefore spawn killed. Normally I just get over it and go about my day, but since Pinnacle and Uncaged have been removed for the same reasons, I feel like I should complain about it too! Like I said previously, if you're gonna remove those two, you better remove Asylum because it is FAR WORSE for these conditions. Yes, this leaves even smaller choices but then maybe 343 would understand they need to take a different approach to removing maps. For example, monitoring what people vote for, I remember someone saying this before. SWAT is simply not fun for me anymore. Asylum has been my least favorite map, followed by Reflection and playing them 4 times in a row is obviously not something I want to do and since SWAT is all I like play, I'm considering quitting Reach altogether. I don't mind Sword Base, Zealot, and Countdown at ALL (I LOVE them) but it's not like I see an option for them very often. Way to go 343, you did exactly what I hoped you wouldn't.

^^^^^^^ THIS!!!!!!!

Thank you TheLazyGirl for your feedback again. Like you, I play nothing by SWAT (honestly I never even completed the Reach campaign, in fact barely have played it) and quite frankly the thought of another Reflection or Asylum game makes me want to throw my controller through my TV. I honestly don't know how much more I can take of this. I like Sword Base, Zealot and Countdown as well, but they are not all that often shown in the selection playlist for me. For me, it's usually Reflection first selection round then Asylum second selection round. Or vice-verse.

I can't stand Reflection either, and Asylum is definitely on my no-like list too so for me to continually play these maps over and over again is to say the least very disappointing. When there were more maps, those two didn't come up as often, so I was OK with it when they did. Like you, I'm thinking of quitting Reach because Swat is just no fun anymore. My best friend and I play this game for SWAT and that's it. I'm a Field Marshall and he is an Eclipse, all based on Swat for the most part. That's all we play and to continually play the same two maps again and again....well I have better ways to waste my time.

Please 343 Industries, in the next update, can you please give us these maps back? I know you are super-busy with the upcoming Halo 4 release, but it should be easy to return those maps to the playlist. Can we get any feedback from you on this issue? My email is tied to my user name and I'd love to hear from someone!

Supposedly these maps were removed based on user feedback. There have been many people taking the time to register to this forum and express their views that these maps need to be returned to make Swat fun again. If anyone is a true player of Swat, then they know that playing the same 2 maps over and over again is no fun at all.

Please return those maps!

The thing is, with Pinnacle and Uncaged gone, they really should have replaced them with two new maps. But 343 is busy focusing on Halo 4 at the moment, and while I'm sure making minor tweaks to playlists should be fairly simple, they do need to take time out to test maps before adding them to a certain playlist. That's probably why we didn't see any replacements.

^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!!!

Thank you fzdw11 for your feedback. I would have had less of a problem with 343 removing Pinnacle and Uncaged (although I must admit they were my two favorite maps) IF they replaced them with something cool and better. But they did not, they just removed them and gave us.....well um nothing. Just less selections and the two same maps being chosen over and over again.

Swat for me is no fun anymore. We need these maps back or suitable replacements should be provided. I agree, 343 industries is probably way too busy with the Halo 4 release to give us new maps, so why not make the MAJORITY of your user base happy and give us those maps back?

As I have posted in another thread:

"It's not just that Uncaged and Pinnacle were my two favourite maps for SWAT that makes this update a negative one for me; It's also that you've now removed any level of variety from the map selection. I've been stuck playing the same two maps repeatedly, to the point where I no longer find any enjoyment in playing at all. It's a constant cycle of people camping around the green lift room in Swordbase, or the top of the elevator in Reflection, meaning the whole game is spent within around 20 square feet of the given map. Not fun. Honestly, Uncaged and Pinnacle always received a good amount of votes to play. Why would those be slated for removal above something like Powerhouse which almost never got selected? If people didn't like the maps they wouldn't have voted for them, it's that simple. Please, PLEASE, consider giving us our SWAT fun back."

I cannot understand why two maps that were almost always the favourites in voting would be the ones to be removed. While I was playing SWAT the night that the update took place many people were asking why those two weren't showing up during the voting chats. The removal was noticed and immediatly people were saddened by the loss of variety in the game. Seriously, I know that if 343 was to put a second Team SWAT mode into play (which incuded Pinnacle and Uncaged) that there would be more than enough people playing it to keep it running, hey, I bet even if it was JUST Pinnacle and Uncaged there would still be decent traffic to that server.

• Like 3

As I have posted in another thread:

"It's not just that Uncaged and Pinnacle were my two favourite maps for SWAT that makes this update a negative one for me; It's also that you've now removed any level of variety from the map selection. I've been stuck playing the same two maps repeatedly, to the point where I no longer find any enjoyment in playing at all. It's a constant cycle of people camping around the green lift room in Swordbase, or the top of the elevator in Reflection, meaning the whole game is spent within around 20 square feet of the given map. Not fun. Honestly, Uncaged and Pinnacle always received a good amount of votes to play. Why would those be slated for removal above something like Powerhouse which almost never got selected? If people didn't like the maps they wouldn't have voted for them, it's that simple. Please, PLEASE, consider giving us our SWAT fun back."

I cannot understand why two maps that were almost always the favourites in voting would be the ones to be removed. While I was playing SWAT the night that the update took place many people were asking why those two weren't showing up during the voting chats. The removal was noticed and immediatly people were saddened by the loss of variety in the game. Seriously, I know that if 343 was to put a second Team SWAT mode into play (which incuded Pinnacle and Uncaged) that there would be more than enough people playing it to keep it running, hey, I bet even if it was JUST Pinnacle and Uncaged there would still be decent traffic to that server.

^^^^^^ THIS!!!!!!

Yet again some registered for this forum to express their view that Pinnacle and Uncaged should be returned to the playlist. What really irks me is that this was done with no feedback from the general Swat community. There was no notification on the Swat map selection page that these maps were even being considered for removal. A small vocal minority got these maps removed without input from the larger Swat community. This is wrong! The larger Swat Community speaks every time a map is chosen during the map selection process, and since Pinnacle and Uncaged were very popular maps, this says that these maps were enjoyed by a majority of the players!

I think Okapi said it best (I'm going to steal this from you if you don't mind): GIVE US OUR SWAT FUN BACK!

Having a limited amount of selections on during the map selection process is not good. Period. We would like those maps back or give us some new cool ones......

• Like 1

While I do see that there is unbalanced gameplay on Pinnacle and Uncaged, I can honestly say that they should have removed Asylum.

If one of the criteria for removal of Pinnacle and Uncaged was that there was a lot of spawn killing in these maps, then Asylum should have been removed as well. Asylum is far worse than Pinnacle and/or Uncaged for spawn killing. But then again, you remove Asylum along with Pinnacle and Uncaged and it gives the Swat player even less choices! Let's not do that, if anything we need MORE maps for Swat!

Also, for probably a majority of the Swat players, in my opinion, the unbalanced game play of Pinnacle and Uncaged just doesn't exist. We are simply not that good enough to factor any sort of small benefit you might gain if you spawn one color or the other. Sure if you are like a MLG'er, yeah spawning on one color or another on a particular map might give you an advantage.

Let's face it you can nit-pick to death ANY map in Swat.....no map is perfect. To remove ANY map and not replace it with another makes no sense. The Swat player is then just left such a limited selection of maps to chose from as to make the game virtually unplayable! I for one am tired of playing Reflection and Asylum but that's all I'm left to choose! :wallbash:

GIVE US OUR SWAT FUN BACK!!!!!

• Like 1

I see a lot of guest users viewing this thread....please feel free to signup for this website and comment if you want to bring back these maps to Swat. It takes all of like just a couple of minutes and if quite honestly, even if you HATED Pinnacle and Uncaged on Swat, you should want to see these maps back just because they add some needed variety to the Swat playlist!

So please voice your opinion!!!!

Hello fellow SWATers!

Just signed up to voice my opinion - April update was such a disappointment. 95% of Halo multiplayer games I play is SWAT and Pinnacle and Uncaged were two of my favorite maps. Like posters above said there absolutely no difference in color of the team I was playing on those maps usually I would do pretty good regardless. The reason I liked those maps because it required some strategy to do win and not just run in circles (Asylum, Zelot). I don't mind any other maps either, as a matter of fact before April update I liked Asylum but after plaing it for 10+ times a day - I'm so sick of it. Now it's Reflaction or Asylum 90% of a time, and maps like Boardwalk and Powerhouse almost never come up. I don't understand the reasoning behind removing those two at all! Too much camping? Well Reflaction, Countdown and Swordbase are the camping heaven maps? Bad spawns? Asylum has worst spawns hands down, I dont know how many times I've been spawn killed three or four times in a row on asylum (and I'm not a noob 3000+ Swat games +5000 K/D ratio, Mythic) and on top of that sometimes it spawns you facing your own base, with the whole opponent team behind you!

The reason why people were complaining about Pinnacle and Uncaged is because those maps required skills to do well and not just run and shoot. I'm surprised Boardwalk wasn't removed as well - noobs hate it.

Either way the 343 industries need to make it right and bring the maps back, before they start loosing players. I'm sure there are people like me that are seriously considering to stop playing the game and switch to something similar.

Sorry, about the punctuation - I was typing it on my phone.

• Like 2

Pinnacle and uncaged were my two favorite maps. There is no reason to have less maps than before. Add some maps if you must, but don't remove them because a few people are complaining. With less maps in swat, I am thinking of stopping Halo all together. it has truly gotten boring with less options.

• Like 1

Bring back uncaged and pinnacle!! Seriously which smartass came up with the idea to listen to the whingers, How EVER could "minus two maps" be a good thing!?? Have some diversity...

No 343 did it for a reason, pinnacle and uncaged were a spawn killing fest. No smartass listened to 'wingers' everyone has a right to express their opinion weather you agree to it or not, i will agree though, minus 2 maps is never a good thing, they should replace them
  • Like 1

Hello fellow SWATers!

Just signed up to voice my opinion - April update was such a disappointment. 95% of Halo multiplayer games I play is SWAT and Pinnacle and Uncaged were two of my favorite maps. Like posters above said there absolutely no difference in color of the team I was playing on those maps usually I would do pretty good regardless. The reason I liked those maps because it required some strategy to do win and not just run in circles (Asylum, Zelot). I don't mind any other maps either, as a matter of fact before April update I liked Asylum but after plaing it for 10+ times a day - I'm so sick of it. Now it's Reflaction or Asylum 90% of a time, and maps like Boardwalk and Powerhouse almost never come up. I don't understand the reasoning behind removing those two at all! Too much camping? Well Reflaction, Countdown and Swordbase are the camping heaven maps? Bad spawns? Asylum has worst spawns hands down, I dont know how many times I've been spawn killed three or four times in a row on asylum (and I'm not a noob 3000+ Swat games +5000 K/D ratio, Mythic) and on top of that sometimes it spawns you facing your own base, with the whole opponent team behind you!

The reason why people were complaining about Pinnacle and Uncaged is because those maps required skills to do well and not just run and shoot. I'm surprised Boardwalk wasn't removed as well - noobs hate it.

Either way the 343 industries need to make it right and bring the maps back, before they start loosing players. I'm sure there are people like me that are seriously considering to stop playing the game and switch to something similar.

^this. You are right about everything!

• Like 1

No 343 did it for a reason, pinnacle and uncaged were a spawn killing fest. No smartass listened to 'wingers' everyone has a right to express their opinion weather you agree to it or not, i will agree though, minus 2 maps is never a good thing, they should replace them

Hi Cupman thank you for your feedback. I agree 100% that everyone has a right to express their opinion(s) in a respectful manner, whether you agree with them or not. So here's mine.

No maps in Swat are perfect every map has their problems. You said you don't like Pinnacle or Uncaged "because there were a spawn killing fest." Asylum is by far worse than Pinnacle or Uncaged ever were for spawn killing. So why was Asylum left and Pinnacle and Uncaged removed? I personally didn't think Pinnacle or Uncaged were any worse than any other map in Swat for spawn killing and others have stated that same thing. So your argument becomes invalid.

My basic problem with the process 343 Industries used to remove these maps is that they listened to some small vocal minority on the internet without informing the larger Swat community that this was going to happen. Where was a warning notification that these maps were being considered for removal? Where was anything that said these maps were being considered for removal? The larger Swat community liked these maps because they were popular during the map voting selection process! That's really all that should matter. The vocal minority over-ruled the majority of Swat player who enjoyed playing those maps from the day of Halo Reach release.

Another problem I have with this is that ok so let's remove those maps and then what? Not put anything to replace them? This decision was not very well thought out. Now we are stuck continuously playing Reflection and Asylum over and over again. It's get old quick, in fact I haven't played much this week because the thought of playing 10 games in a row of Reflection makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out with a hot poker.

A number of people have in this thread registered to voice their opinion that the Swat game is no longer fun. Playing the same maps over and over again with so little variety? No thanks I think I will pass.

I think I can speak for the majority of people that voiced their concerns on this thread. We want those maps back in the May update or some cool new ones. The lack of variety in map selection is killing the Swat gaming experience.

Or we will go and find other games to play...........

I just registered for this forum to express my views on this....

I mean you really removed two very popular maps? Without any sort of user opinion other than a few people complaining about these maps on the internet? I've read through this entire thread and it seems people are in agreement with me! These maps deserve to be brought back into the playlist. I've played enough Reflection and Asylum in the last few days as to make me sense-less.

PLEASE BRING THOSE MAPS BACK!!!!

• Like 1

I just registered for this forum to express my views on this....

I mean you really removed two very popular maps? Without any sort of user opinion other than a few people complaining about these maps on the internet? I've read through this entire thread and it seems people are in agreement with me! These maps deserve to be brought back into the playlist. I've played enough Reflection and Asylum in the last few days as to make me sense-less.

PLEASE BRING THOSE MAPS BACK!!!!

While there are a good portion of people that are in agreement with you, you have to keep in mind what you just stated. "Without any sort of user opinion other than a few people complaining about these maps on the internet?" How many different people are in this thread, and of the whole population of SWAT, what does it make us? Less than 1% would be my guess.

I loved the maps, but I can understand them being gone. My issue isn't that they took them away, but that they took them away without replacing them. That's more problematic than just taking out two maps.

Also, welcome to the forums!

I have also signed up to this forum to express my views on this topic..

I have to say, I am very disappointed that Uncaged and Pinnacle have been removed from Team Swat. They were my favourite maps on the playlist. If they do not plan on bringing back either of the two maps, then I would like to see some new ones. Playing the same four maps (Reflection, Countdown, Sword Base and Asylum - because no one ever votes for the other 3) over and over is ridiculously boring and repetitive. I can understand why some players might have found Pinnacle frustrating at times, but personally, I would much rather have the choice of more maps than be limited to same ones.

Bring back Uncaged and Pinnacle!

• Like 1