Should 343 bring back maps from past Halos?

Archangel Tyrael

Like for the anniversary, they brought back the CE maps which is good. I just hope they bring back some maps that are not in a map pack, be very nice to have quite a few of them back to play such as valhalla, battle creek, and sidewinder. I think these need to be put into Halo4. If not a map pack then, i really think they should. Those are my favorite maps of all time.

No.

It's a brand new game, I think they should focus on making every map entirely new. This will entice old players back to the game and make it more appealing for new players. I hate buying a new game and realising there are still maps from a previous game on it. To me it just shows laziness on behalf of the company that made the game.

Maps that have never been remade from previous Halo games:

Halo CE:

Danger Canyon, Infinity, Gephyrophobia, Ice Fields, Death Island -- All these maps were huge maps that worked great for 8v8 games. They would work well in a BTB playlist, the same way Ridgeline (Timberland's remake) does in Anniversary BTB.

Chiron TL-34 -- A maze full of different rooms connected by teleporters. Better for team slayer and free-for-all.

Boarding Action -- A map set in space with two haves of a ship, probably the Pillar of Autumn, facing each other. The sides are only connected by teleporters. Sword Base somewhat resembles this map.

Halo 2:

Foundation -- A map that was unlocked either by having Xbox Live or by doing banshee stunts on the last level in Campaign. Symmetrical map that was fun to play on, best for 4v4.

Colossus -- Basically a fusion coil factory. Symmetrical with a beam rifle spawning on top.

Waterworks -- Awesome BTB map.

Gemini -- Small, asymmetrical map.

Turf -- Small, asymmetrical map.

Backwash -- A map that was removed from matchmaking since nobody liked it.

Relic -- A map set on an island. Worked well on 1-Flag CTF.

Terminal -- A decent BTB map with a monorail train that killed anybody that was hit by it.

Containment -- A massive BTB map.

Burial Mounds -- An asymmetrical map that worked well on 1-Flag CTF.

Midship -- Zealot is not exactly a remake of this one.

Halo 3:

Construct -- Symmetrical map used in MLG variants.

Valhalla - The "spiritual successor" to Blood Gulch/Coagulation, but not an actual remake.

Guardian -- The "spiritual successor to Lockout," but not an actual remake of Lockout.

Standoff -- Another "spiritual successor" to Blood Gulch/Coagulation, like Valhalla. But not as fun, IMO.

Narrows -- Some might call it a remake of Halo PC's "Gephyrophobia," but other than the fact that they're both bridges in the arctic, they are nothing alike.

Epitaph -- Full of shield doors.

Snowbound -- An older version had shield doors.

High Ground -- Probably my favorite objective-based map in Halo 3.

Rat's Nest -- A huge loop. It was a BTB map, but not my favorite.

Foundry -- Halo 3's sandbox-themed map.

Sandtrap -- Another awesome BTB map. You could drive, and spawn on, the elephants.

Sandbox -- Halo 3's other sandbox-themed map.

Isolation -- A map with two "floors." Lots of people hated that map.

There were like 5 other Halo 3 maps that were from DLC and weren't remade, but I forgot what they were called.

My choices for BTB maps: any of the Halo PC/Mac-exclusive maps, Waterworks, Relic, Containment, High Ground, and Sandtrap.

4v4/free-for-all maps: Foundation, Colossus, and Guardian.