The reason why Halo is losing

Destroyer ZD

A new member has come in here with an OP about wanting to save Halo. He, like many others, remembers what Halo 2 gave us. He remembered that many of the Halo fans, like him self, felt Halo 3 had lost some of that original feeling. He remembers what great maps Halo 2 offered. He, like so many other liked the super jumps. He liked the core of Halo game play minus what he feels are the gimmicks of AA's, characters noises made when they breath hard as they run or "ummmf!" when they land hard. He simply is a fan of Halo 2 and like so many felt changes made in Halo 3 that he was not happy with and sees Reach as a complete departure from what made Halo good.

He may not be the best spoken member here and it appears he came in upset to some degree. Brony offered a very polite and measured response to his OP. Biggles offered a measured response. Msytic offered a polite response. What gives with the rest of you attacking him or proping up those that did? He did not attack you. He came in here and shared an opinion, his opinion, about the Halo franchise. He is not the only one that feels that way either. He never once in his OP stated anything he said as fact.

Not everyone who comes into this forum is going to be some technical expert or have the ability to come in here and write some epic OP.

He did not make one personal remark to any member.....did he? Look what some of you said to him, how you talked to him. You call him a "Troll"? Twinreaper there was absolutely no need for you to talk to him in the manner that you did, period. He did not come back and denigrate you after how you spoke to him the way you did, did he?

You want some figures......nearly 9,000,000, that is nine million, people bought Reach, and roughly 100,000 play it. Those have been the numbers for quite some time. That is 0.01 % of the people that bought the game.......1/100th. It was pointed out to me that I had miss entered the % quotient. It is actually 1.1% percent. Still a sad number. Now if you want me to spend the time and go back and compile that list again, I will and it will end up in every single thread about Reach. The numbers show just how many people have left that game after trying it. Competition? Reach is no competition to COD. He nor I nor any other fan of Halo that refers to COD's popularity means that we like or play that game. It is a reference to a game that is currently popular versus one that is not. It is not a slam on Halo or Reach, merely an observation that reinforces the loss of player in Halo and the continually growing popularity of the MW/COD franchise.

Fans of Halo feel the pain of those types of realizations, it shows how much we love Halo and miss what it was all about. It may get expressed in many different ways. There is absolutely nothing wrong with loving what made Halo so good back then and pointing out the changes that players feel has changed the game to what it is now.

He simply wants Halo to be great again and like so many felt the true essence of the game was what Halo 2 offered. You really have to "Open your eyes", as Choot'em recently said in his challenge, and see the answer. Instead of looking just at the OP's words, feel his heart and understand his love for the game. Frank O'Conner and many other on the development team have stated they are going back to the roots of what made Halo good and feel like Halo.

It is too bad that some of you can not accept his opinion and deal with the anxiety that he feels and have to completely berate him personally!

Great post, imo.

• 1 month later...

Ok. Not to offend anyone with my opinion, but Halo is only getting better. It's got more of a story line. That's really the main reason I love it. And a kid's cartoon?! I'm sorry but that's bull. Halo Reach had AMAZING graphics. That's just me though. Sorry if you don't like my opinion, but there it is.

• Like 1

A lot of this was stupid. If you knew this was a personal opinion and saw that it was causing drama some of you should have let it be. I'm new here but this is a public forum and this isn't very inviting. Insulting one person but asking them noy not to insult back is stupid too. If you guys disagree leave a polite comment and if you see someone comeback rude then ignore it so it doesnt get to this level. Twinreaper I'm a lot like you but you gotta know the time and place to pick a fight. A friendly forum about gaming isn't one of them. And veternond thats no way for a serviceman to behave. Not trying to start drama just want a peaceful solution for now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I would also like to add that while the double shot may be a "cheap glitch" it was available for use by anyone who played Halo 2. If somebody couldn't do it then it's their loss and Bungie is at fault for including that in the game. Bungie is the ones to blame, not the people who use it.

Bungie did not add it or expect the animation sequences to be cut short by other animation calls. Due to the fact that it was a core engine bug, it could not be removed from the game without compiling a whole new set of xbe's and global tags.

That being said it is still a cheap trick that is not widely accepted during a match. many server runners and players feel it ruins the gameplay as did the super-bounces, and thus have made it not ok to use in-game, or at the least made it ok to use once or twice during a match.

As for saying anyone can use it, that is false. Some people do not have the button layout nor the timing it takes to use it. Anyone who has to use a glitch is sad. It goes for the same as reloading in halo 1. There are people who waste shots, then melee after reloading to get their next round of shots going faster. If you were good and had any skill, you would have finished the job within the first 2 shots and had enough scariness behind you to allow the chance to reload properly. I for one would never use such a cheap little trick. I prefer to play o' natural.

What do you do when you have the best fps of all time on xbl ?

Answer = leave it behind, then remove it ! Opinion

Are these people stupid or what ? Let's take Halo 2 to the 360 and call it Halo 3. Let's remove all of the features that made Halo 2 great i.e clans, superjumps, the maps and Team Snipers. That should really boost the Halo franchise lol

The graphics were better, and there were no blue screeners, wow ! but the heart was removed. CONGRATULATIONS FOR DESTROYING HALO Opinion, you just pulled this out of nowhere for no reason.

Why oh why oh why is the Reach Engine even worse than Halo 3 ? It has become a kids cartoon. The weapons are awfull aswell. Reach was the Halo 3 engine with better Textures. You saying the weapons are bad? All of them have different strength.

You need to speak up people, before Halo is gone forever, because THESE PEOPLE DO NOT REALISE THAT HALO 2 SHOULD HAVE BEEN KEPT ALIVE and given a new lease of life. Halo 2 was shut down because of the shut down of Xbox Live V1. We may get an anniversary edition.

Oh by the way, if you do ever decide to try and save Halo, DO NOT BRING BACK HALO 2 WITHOUT SNIPERS, CLANS, SUPERJUMPS AND THE SAME MAPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they are going to bring back Halo 2, they have to change things.

DO NOT USE THE REACH ENGINE, DO NOT CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE, WE'RE SICK OF IT, IT IS JUST GETTING WORSE AND WORSE AND WORSE. ALL WE ASK IS FOR HALO 2 WITH BETTER GRAPHICS AND NO BLUE-SCREENS. If it were to return it has to be at least Halo 4 graphics with the visual changing switch. Personally, blue-screen menus were a hit.

P.S I havn't finished yet :-) no silly jet-packs, rediculous noises, grenades that go way too far, stupidly fast moving characters with silly flames here there and everywhere ! Halo is not the X-Men ! Let's have some realism back please ! These were favors by fans that they asked for, and why ask for realism? ITS A SCI FI SHOOTER

I have nothing else to say. You took the words right out of my mouth.

I really don't care what the game features, all of you halo players always seem to put most of your view on the things in the game, not the story, not the wonderful multiplayer and not the beautiful scenery, for a fact, I love every halo game, even halo wars, Halo 2 was the worst in my opinion, too slow of gameplay, weird physics, very long and boring campaign with too powerful flood, yes I did just be a hypocrite

This thread was an interesting read...The OP was dumb, surprise surprise. Perhaps AD posted his response before the entire forum was inundated with people like this? AD was partially right (I guess) but he was flat wrong to defend this guy to the extent he did. Interesting to see you more veteran posters hacking away at eachother ;)

• 2 weeks later...

You want 343 to notice? This is Effn community forum. Quit complaining about everything. Lets see, oh yeah they defiantly used the same campaign from halo 2 to halo 3. Oh and they also took forge and theater from halo 2 to 3,plus all the gametypes too. This is just what you said kid. Have you even played halo 3? Your thread SUCKS. STUPID THREAD IS STUPID.

You want 343 to notice? This is Effn community forum. Quit complaining about everything. Lets see, oh yeah they defiantly used the same campaign from halo 2 to halo 3. Oh and they also took forge and theater from halo 2 to 3,plus all the gametypes too. This is just what you said kid. Have you even played halo 3? Your thread SUCKS. STUPID THREAD IS STUPID.

No. Stupid poster is stupid.

What do you do when you have the best fps of all time on xbl ?

Answer = leave it behind, then remove it !

Are these people stupid or what ? Let's take Halo 2 to the 360 and call it Halo 3. Let's remove all of the features that made Halo 2 great i.e clans, superjumps, the maps and Team Snipers. That should really boost the Halo franchise lol

The graphics were better, and there were no blue screeners, wow ! but the heart was removed. CONGRATULATIONS FOR DESTROYING HALO

Why oh why oh why is the Reach Engine even worse than Halo 3 ? It has become a kids cartoon. The weapons are awfull aswell.

You need to speak up people, before Halo is gone forever, because THESE PEOPLE DO NOT REALISE THAT HALO 2 SHOULD HAVE BEEN KEPT ALIVE and given a new lease of life.

Oh by the way, if you do ever decide to try and save Halo, DO NOT BRING BACK HALO 2 WITHOUT SNIPERS, CLANS, SUPERJUMPS AND THE SAME MAPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT USE THE REACH ENGINE, DO NOT CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE, WE'RE SICK OF IT, IT IS JUST GETTING WORSE AND WORSE AND WORSE. ALL WE ASK IS FOR HALO 2 WITH BETTER GRAPHICS AND NO BLUE-SCREENS.

P.S I havn't finished yet :-) no silly jet-packs, rediculous noises, grenades that go way too far, stupidly fast moving characters with silly flames here there and everywhere ! Halo is not the X-Men ! Let's have some realism back please !

i know your not hating on halo 3.