The reason why Halo is losing

Destroyer ZD

What do you do when you have the best fps of all time on xbl ?

Answer = leave it behind, then remove it !

Are these people stupid or what ? Let's take Halo 2 to the 360 and call it Halo 3. Let's remove all of the features that made Halo 2 great i.e clans, superjumps, the maps and Team Snipers. That should really boost the Halo franchise lol

The graphics were better, and there were no blue screeners, wow ! but the heart was removed. CONGRATULATIONS FOR DESTROYING HALO

Why oh why oh why is the Reach Engine even worse than Halo 3 ? It has become a kids cartoon. The weapons are awfull aswell.

You need to speak up people, before Halo is gone forever, because THESE PEOPLE DO NOT REALISE THAT HALO 2 SHOULD HAVE BEEN KEPT ALIVE and given a new lease of life.

Oh by the way, if you do ever decide to try and save Halo, DO NOT BRING BACK HALO 2 WITHOUT SNIPERS, CLANS, SUPERJUMPS AND THE SAME MAPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT USE THE REACH ENGINE, DO NOT CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE, WE'RE SICK OF IT, IT IS JUST GETTING WORSE AND WORSE AND WORSE. ALL WE ASK IS FOR HALO 2 WITH BETTER GRAPHICS AND NO BLUE-SCREENS.

P.S I havn't finished yet :-) no silly jet-packs, rediculous noises, grenades that go way too far, stupidly fast moving characters with silly flames here there and everywhere ! Halo is not the X-Men ! Let's have some realism back please !

• Like 9

I personally love every Halo made.(:

That's why I joined the site.

Everything they do isn't their ideas alone, they do take what we say into consideration and that's why it changes so dramitcally.

The reason jetpacks and stuff are in Reach because all that stuff was asked for by fans. I know not many people like it, but I'm just glad they keep making new games.

• Like 5

look at the figures

Which figures, exactly? Do you fail to realize that Halo 2 was successful in part because there wasn't much to compete with it on Xbox Live? Plenty of different games have come out since Halo 2 and Halo 3 launched. There have been plenty of online multiplayer games that people have flocked to instead of Halo, simply because they want something else to play, don't care for Halo anymore, or for other reasons. People have social lives as well, so they're not going to spend every minute of their free time just playing some Halo. There are a lot of very good games that have been released, and people are going to choose to play those instead of just one particular game over and over again. It may or may not come as a surprise to you, but there ARE people who didn't like Halo 2 or didn't think it was great. I'm one of those people. It is a good game, but I would much rather play any other game in the series than it. I don't have to really worry that much about someone using as many cheap glitches in those games to get a kill they might not deserve, so I'm always going to prefer them to Halo 2. Unlike some people, I think the button combos/glitches actually ruined the experience of Halo 2. It's fun, but I enjoy it most when no one is using something like BXR or double shooting to gain an upper hand, and is instead relying solely on what Bungie intended the player to do/use.

• Like 4

It's people who don't have open minds and can only see what is good in the current, that run things into the ground, bring out the make it worse party :-) so funny, you are completely blind as to what is happening, unreal

I do have an open mind. It is you who cannot get the nostalgia out of your eyes and accept something new. What exactly is happening, hm? Please explain to me how I'm being blind. Am I blind simply because I disagree with you? Grow up and learn that people have different opinions. Just because I don't agree with you does not mean I'm blind to anything, it just means that I don't agree with what you believe. I'm not going to continue to argue with you, as you can't seem to accept any opinions that disagree with what you believe. You've got to state your opinion as fact, and then accuse people who don't agree with you as being blind and close minded.

• Like 3

It's people who don't have open minds and can only see what is good in the current, that run things into the ground, bring out the make it worse party :-) so funny, you are completely blind as to what is happening, unreal

No, it's people like you who don't have open minds and can't accept the fact that Halo: Reach is different.

• Like 4

Are these people stupid or what ? Let's take Halo 2 to the 360 and call it Halo 3. Let's remove all of the features that made Halo 2 great i.e clans, superjumps, the maps and Team Snipers. That should really boost the Halo franchise lol

The graphics were better, and there were no blue screeners, wow ! but the heart was removed. CONGRATULATIONS FOR DESTROYING HALO Nothing in this paragraph is fact. You have no proof on Bungie saying "Let' remove all of the features that made Halo 2 great..." "That should really boost the franchise" This is just information you pulled out of your ass.

Why oh why oh why is the Reach Engine even worse than Halo 3 ? It has become a kids cartoon. The weapons are awfull aswell. Opinion

You need to speak up people, before Halo is gone forever, because THESE PEOPLE DO NOT REALISE THAT HALO 2 SHOULD HAVE BEEN KEPT ALIVE and given a new lease of life. Speaking for the entire community. Your ignorance blinds you. Stop dwelling on Halo 2. It doesn't support your argument.

Oh by the way, if you do ever decide to try and save Halo, DO NOT BRING BACK HALO 2 WITHOUT SNIPERS, CLANS, SUPERJUMPS AND THE SAME MAPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's no need to save Halo. It's not in distress.

DO NOT USE THE REACH ENGINE, DO NOT CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE, WE'RE SICK OF IT, IT IS JUST GETTING WORSE AND WORSE AND WORSE. ALL WE ASK IS FOR HALO 2 WITH BETTER GRAPHICS AND NO BLUE-SCREENS. Opinion.

P.S I havn't finished yet :-) no silly jet-packs, rediculous noises, grenades that go way too far, stupidly fast moving characters with silly flames here there and everywhere ! Halo is not the X-Men ! Let's have some realism back please ! Silly jet packs? Opinion. Ridiculous noises? That doesn;t even make sense. Grenades that go too far? You have a genetically altered super-soldier. They going to get thrown far. Flames? Just for fun and cosmetic purposes. They do not interfere with gameplay. Realism? Since when were sci-fi shooters realistic.

I fail to see any proof. The only thing I see is information you pulled out of your ass and labeled as fact.

• Like 8

As per Mystic's request, I am here to clean up this tur-rific mess of a fail post this Destroyer Z ass has started. As per usually bubble bursting standards, i will start off with my Quote, and reply standard style of listing. Enjoy the read guys, this is going to be good!!!

**AGAIN POWERS THAT BE, THIS POST IS HATEFULL, CONTAIN BAD LANGUAGE AND MAY OFFEND OTHERS> READ ON AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!**

Listen pal, I don't know what rock you have been living under, or what planet you currently reside, but you quite obviously have a limited source base to work with when finding what the most popular XBL title of all time was. There was no compiled clear cut winner. Every year, a new game beats or exceeds XBL popularity expectations. yes granted during it's release and the year after it was the most played title, but is NOT the best FPS of all time on XBL. In fact if you search around a look at the compiled lists many many mnay sites offer, Rainbow Six comes up more often as the #1 pick.

Secondly turdburglar, do you understand at all how the Live service works, or how much reconfiguring would have had to been done to the 360 emulation for XB1 games, and the newest coded Live API's.....nahhh i didn't think so.

The graphics were better, and there were no blue screeners, wow ! but the heart was removed. CONGRATULATIONS FOR DESTROYING HALO

Wow...where to start with this epic **** pile? Ok first off, Halo 3 is not Halo 2. They carried over nothing from Halo 2 into Halo 3. The H3 Blam! engine variant from stripped down to basics that resembled the core H1 engine. hence why they re-introduced and reused many of the H1 shader templates and lighting styles. Superjumps were a product of bugs with the collision detection software numbnuts...not some random extra they thought would be cool to add. My god man, where do you get these half assed retarded comments or thoughts from?!? Clans were not a feature that many people used fully according to statistics they pulled from clan type activity. Furthermore, if it was going to be a feature everyone would miss, then they should have spoken up and demanded it, not just sat there like you, in your mom's basement smothering themsleves in peanutbutter and caressing their copies of Halo 1 down in their naughty spots.

Team Sniper's I am pretty sure, had or still does have a playlist in both Halo 3 and Reach.

The maps, is the only part I will agree on. Since Halo 2, there has not been one original idea for a great map. every map we get with the sequles is the same rehashed or remade garbled **** we had before.

Why oh why oh why is the Reach Engine even worse than Halo 3 ? It has become a kids cartoon. The weapons are awfull aswell.

The Reach engine is worse than H3? Really? Explain to me how the Halo 3 Blam1 variant is superior to Reach. And I mean really explain it. Don't half ass me boy, I am an expert in the Blam! engine department. Weapons are not a result of the engine ********, it's a result of the individual tag's data fields being filled the way they are. Do you even know what Megalo is? Do you understand floats, Enum32 or tag blocks? How about Public and Private Keypair sets? Sit down and shut the **** up about things you have no knowledge of. My god do you listen to yourself? Next time maybe have your mom proof read your post before hitting that bright red "post" button.

You need to speak up people, before Halo is gone forever, because THESE PEOPLE DO NOT REALISE THAT HALO 2 SHOULD HAVE BEEN KEPT ALIVE and given a new lease of life.

Halo 2 is a classic yes, but is way past it's prime. the graphics are hidious by todays standards. Even when applying Hi-Res textures to the geometry, the lighting schema used makes all those Hi-Res textures look anything but Hi-Res. Halo 2 did get a new lease on life...it's called Halo 2 PC. You know, the PC version...where we REAL gamers get to make great stuff...well as great as it can look anyway. As for Halo being gone, get over yourself ****-stick. You are not the authority on halo, and seeing Halo as dying, gone, lost etccc is simply a matter of your own ****ty opinion. Opinions are like ********, everyone has one. Halo is whatever the individual player sees it as. Plain and simple.

Oh by the way, if you do ever decide to try and save Halo, DO NOT BRING BACK HALO 2 WITHOUT SNIPERS, CLANS, SUPERJUMPS AND THE SAME MAPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is just a re-phrase or recap of the piece of crap you posted up. Nothing really to say here except, welcome to the forums pal, now ******* leave!!!

DO NOT USE THE REACH ENGINE, DO NOT CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE, WE'RE SICK OF IT, IT IS JUST GETTING WORSE AND WORSE AND WORSE. ALL WE ASK IS FOR HALO 2 WITH BETTER GRAPHICS AND NO BLUE-SCREENS.

What the **** are you talking about *********? there are no blue-screens on the Xbox, only PC's. And I have yet to see someone get a bluescreen from halo 2 PC. If it did ever happen, thats because the stupid ******* or ********, have a poorly configured system or had their mom buy them one from Goodwill, in which case, your poor rotten ass doesn't deserve to play halo 2 anyway.

P.S I havn't finished yet :-) no silly jet-packs, rediculous noises, grenades that go way too far, stupidly fast moving characters with silly flames here there and everywhere ! Halo is not the X-Men ! Let's have some realism back please !

Silly jetpacks? You know the original idea for jetpacks came from Halo 2 right? remember seeign those elites using them on HighCharity? or were you too baked or to busy sucking your mom's teet to notice them? Rediculous noises? They are called sound effects, create some better ones then come in to my house bitching about them. Greandes that go to far? Every Halo title had a different range for the grenades. the grenades in Halo 1 went slightly further than Halo 2's. i can pull grenade projectile data from both games to prove this, as well as data from reach and Halo 3. Halo is not suppose to be realism. games like Battlefield and CoD focus on realistic aspects of gunplay. Remember silly goose, Halo is fictional. there are no real Covenant or Forerunners or Halo's etc....

jesus Christ almighty! What a craptacular flaming turd that OP was huh? Where the **** does this guy get his info and examples? Listen man, you might be a nice guy, you may just be a tool. but when it comes to complaining about things in a game that you feal are wrong, and you want to call out aspects of the mechanics or code...you better provide some real data or examples to back them up. i don't take this **** lightly around here. next time I see you posting some half baked claimes or opinions without proper explanations or data to back them up...I'm really gonna let loose on your sorry ass! ~Fin

HI MISTIEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 7

Answer = leave it behind, then remove it ! Opinion

The graphics were better, and there were no blue screeners, wow ! but the heart was removed. CONGRATULATIONS FOR DESTROYING HALO Opinion, you just pulled this out of nowhere for no reason.

Why oh why oh why is the Reach Engine even worse than Halo 3 ? It has become a kids cartoon. The weapons are awfull aswell. Reach was the Halo 3 engine with better Textures. You saying the weapons are bad? All of them have different strength.

You need to speak up people, before Halo is gone forever, because THESE PEOPLE DO NOT REALISE THAT HALO 2 SHOULD HAVE BEEN KEPT ALIVE and given a new lease of life. Halo 2 was shut down because of the shut down of Xbox Live V1. We may get an anniversary edition.

Oh by the way, if you do ever decide to try and save Halo, DO NOT BRING BACK HALO 2 WITHOUT SNIPERS, CLANS, SUPERJUMPS AND THE SAME MAPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they are going to bring back Halo 2, they have to change things.

DO NOT USE THE REACH ENGINE, DO NOT CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE, WE'RE SICK OF IT, IT IS JUST GETTING WORSE AND WORSE AND WORSE. ALL WE ASK IS FOR HALO 2 WITH BETTER GRAPHICS AND NO BLUE-SCREENS. If it were to return it has to be at least Halo 4 graphics with the visual changing switch. Personally, blue-screen menus were a hit.

P.S I havn't finished yet :-) no silly jet-packs, rediculous noises, grenades that go way too far, stupidly fast moving characters with silly flames here there and everywhere ! Halo is not the X-Men ! Let's have some realism back please ! These were favors by fans that they asked for, and why ask for realism? ITS A SCI FI SHOOTER

• Like 1

I didn't put this topice here for the forum nerds to jump on and see how good they can try and make themselves look, I put this here for 343 to take some notice

Twinreaper and others haven't posted in this to make themselves look good, nor have I. They posted in here to try to make you see just how flawed and silly they believe your opinion is, and to make you realize that pretty much nothing you've tried to pass off as fact is such. I personally think they've done a pretty good job at countering all that you've said. Also, what is it exactly that you want 343i to take notice to? Your opinion? That's all you've offered with this thread.

He came into this site and in the introduction topic he clearly stated that its fact not opinion, so while it may not be fact, he sure does believe it is because he is fighting for what he loves. His argument is also poorly constructed and should be titled "why halo 2 is the best game ever and i can't deal with change"

Twinreapers response seemed necessary due to the fact Destoyer has obviously ignored all polite and reasonable arguments, so to get the point across Twin had to take a better approach, which he di, and it worked because instead of countering it with a good argument, destroyer proceeded to call most people who disagreed with him forum nerds, as if he is expecting everyone to agree with him.

No one is a attacking him, more arguing points back that make more sense than the original poster. And 0.01% of 9 million, is 900.

I agree the number was miscalculated, I apologize for the math error, only 1.1% of the people that bought the game still play it. It does take away from the sad fact that number still represents. He in fact did not ignore all polite and reasonable arguments. He responded to Brony and others. He simply is wanting a return to what Halo was all about. There are many ways to improve a game series without whole change. He was having a hard time getting that point across apparently. Calling Twin a nerd, aka computer geek, which he is and freely admits to, is no slap in the face compared to the completely unnecessary personal comments Twin made about him. The argument about Halo as it was and is now is always about the ability of fans to deal with change, it is about what they have seen happen to this franchise in the past years. It's about the fact that they do not want anything like Reach again and they look back to the best example of the Halo games, in their opinion. Let me remind you and everyone else of an integral part of a post that was posted in the "Tech Help" forum of Reach a while back.

Everyone has questions about the game. How stuff works, how they decided what they can fix, the games limits etc... you get the idea. I am here to answer or help answer in some cases, the many questions that revolve around the forums everyday. So don't be shy, stop on by and ask away.

Now, because we don't need to keep order in here, there are a few guidelines...

1. All questions must be posed as such. No pointless opinions asking why something doesn't work, when

your opinion is simply that it should. We want actual well thought out questions about important things.

2. Do not re-post asked questions. Wait til myself or someone else replies with an answer before bumping

your own question. Please.

3. Do not post negative or insulting comments aimed towards another members' question. This will not be

tolerated and will result in punishment.

I have read enough posts by members and have seen a progression towards more personal and derogatory comments being made that were not there before.

If you think that he was not being attacked personally I suggest you go back and read the comments made towards him and references to his mother. That is all I will say on this.

A correction in my post with regards to the numbers has been corrected and edit noted.

Hey man I have no problem with the OP's personal opinions, but what i do take seriously is throwing numbers around on an old game. Point blank, Halo 2 did not have any where near anything related to competition in terms of FPS games. Halo 2 was highly moddable and was able to be used with tunneling apps like XBC and Xlink Kai. Modding alone made it a wonderful game to play over and over again, and became a #1 reason to own a Xbox console and Halo 2.....you can debate this all you want, but me and the rest of the modding community can trump opposition on that.

When people speak about getting Halo back to where it was, they "assume" that Halo has fewer players because of the way it feels. Not true. Competition is a game killer. If you were to throw MW3 and other like Rage and Battlefield 3 at Halo back in 200o whenever.....Halo 2 would have lost. It's not the gameplay of Reach or Halo 3 or even Halo 2 that made it great. it's the plain fact that Halo 2 had many advnacements that no other FPS had. As time has gone and proved, each of the competetors titles has improved and expanded.

The real problem the fractured community has is with the technical engine side gameplay values that are used. Outside of AA's or in H3, equipment...we were given no real leap forward in terms of gameplay. That alone is the true core "need" that this community is expecting from every sequel.

I guess to sum it all up, the only thing you can really do to bring Halo back to the way people want, is to remove all competition it has by giving Halo a complete overhaul and a brand new game engine and mechnic system. But as we all know from every other title, it would only be a matter of time before people jump on the "Halo sucks and lost it's way" bandwagon. I stick to my guns when i say I am a fan. I find everything there is to appriciate in a sequel despite it "not being" like the others.

Lets also not forget that people like to throw around terms like "Hardcore fan" or "True fan". Throughout any ganre, wether it be games, sports, television, the definition and characteristics of the aformentioned terms is this...

"One who loves, watches, plays and supports a said company, genre or anything else, without any hesitation or dislike towards flaws, ups and downs or any other 3rd party intervention." Eagles fans are a good example of what being a "true fan" means. year after year they lose, and yet these rabid loyal fans do not speek ill or take issue with the team, but yet continue to support watch and buy tickets. A true fan of Halo by definition would exhibit the smae charateristics......but they don't. They slam and deny any aspect of the games that they don't agree with, and yet call themselves fans. perhaps the community should use another term when speaking about Halo, if indeed their comments are not "true fan" like....I say we start labeling people as "Part-time fans" fans who by nature only like certain things when it benefits or pleases them or a certain group.

• Like 2

Any watch the Bungie goodbye video?

Pretty sure in that they said in the video that they were so pleased with Reach as they were finally able to put everything into Halo that they wanted to put in way back in Halo 1. so really Reach is the REAL Halo experience.

Just saying.....

• Like 5