Halo 2 as an Arcade Game!?

Adrenaline

Why would they not do this?! Bring out a full version of Halo 2 downloadable off the XbL Arcade. They did this for Halo 1, but Halo 1 has no online matchmaking,

It would be awesome for Halo 2 to come back online. It would not be hard at all and it wouldnt be that big of a hit but would a good bit of people playing it. They would easily make enough money on it to run the servers.

There is no reason not to!!!

• Like 1

Or maybe they should just make Halo 2: Anniversary...

That might pull some of the budget from Halo 5 or 6 if they do so. I'd rather they focus on the new trilogy first, then worry about any further remakes. I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of Halo 2, but I'd like for it to be polished up if they did create a remake.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's not possible. For one, because, it just wouldn't be the same as the original on the Xbox <3 Glitches, BxR's, BxB's, Sword Canceling, Rocket Canceling, Butterflying, Super Bounces. All of those wouldn't be in the arcade version. It just wouldn't be the same <3

Actually iPro that is completely false. Halo 2 could be an arcade game very easily. In order for Halo 2 to become an arcade game, they would have to write a brand new emulator to be compatable with the current dashboard and library of the code base. The only thing that would be missing from the arcade title, would be the matchmaking. Matchmaking would require the studio to update or re-write the netcode to be compatable with current version of Live.

The whole reason Halo 2 was taken down to begin with was because fo the nagging time and resources it took to update the emulation and to keep it's netcode compatable with the evolution of the Live platform. Once it became no longer possible to keep every title supported in terms of direction and progress, 1st generation xbox titles had to be removed. The only reason Halo 2 pc still works is because the version of Live in use, is designated and designed to provide only a shell form of friend contacts and direction for your gamertag. In no way shape or form does Live direct, control or directly utilize the halo 2 resources.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Halo 2 as an Arcade Game? I know everyone's talking about XBOX Live arcade, but I'll have to look into the possibility of what Halo might have looked like if it was Created by Toaplan in the 90's... Halo Zero was an impressive 2D piece of art, And I'm sure it'll work out with the wide assortments of assets to the universe. The only thing we're missing is a Marquee, and the "WINNERS DON'T USE DRUGS" screen only visible in the US version.

I would love a remake of this game like Halo CEA. I wouldn't want it to be an arcade game though, I'd want a physical copy so I can put it on the shelf with all my other Halo stuff that I'm collecting. Plus they could bring back the multiplayer if it was a full game and they could put a lot more achievements in the game. Plus Halo 2 with enhanced graphics would be pretty amazing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

they could, but, then when halo 3 goes offline people will want an arcade version of that too.

so, for now, they should just stick with Halo 1.

Halo 3 should never go offline. As long as Reach is up and running, Halo 3 should also be. At least I can only hope from whats been proven.

• 4 weeks later...