Halo 4 Feedback

XBF4N

Hi 343 Industries, i recently bought an Xbox One which came with Halo The Master Chief Collection and i had never played any of the Halo games before. I have always been more of a Sony fan when it comes to consoles but i decided to finally play through Halo 1 to 4 on Normal and all though i really enjoyed Halo 1, 2 & 3 which were made by bungie it was Halo 4 that really made me see what i was missing. I absolutely loved the hell out of Halo 4, it was everything i wanted out of a FPS, story, graphics, weapons, enemies, music, epicness, it was all there, i had a blast playing Halo 4 and i easily rate it 1 of the best FPS's i have ever played, it was just that dam good. I am now really looking forward to Halo 5 Guardians after playing Halo 4, it was a shame Cortana had to go, i really liked her but the way you guys ended her was very well done. I just want to thank you for making such a quality game and sorry it took me so long to play it lol. 

• Like 6

Hey there mate! 

Firstly, I hate to tell you this but we aren't 343I, just a community Forum. 

But with that aside, i'm really glad that you have decided to give the Xbox a go, and especially loved Halo. It is a very expansive game that only gets better the longer you play it. 

Feel free  too stick around here and ask any questions you may have, and welcome to community! 

• Like 1

How Refreshing. This usually the opposite of how most fans treat Halo 4. We're certainly glad you enjoyed it and it's a refreshing take to say the least. Really happy you got into Halo. Wonderful games and a universe to get in to. Welcome to the forums too. :)

• Like 1

W-w-wait... Someone who's not absolutely bashing the hell out of Halo 4 and everything 343i touches?!

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!

Seriously though, I'm glad to finally see someone post something positive. Hats off to you sir!

• Like 1

Interesting how still is kinda the opposite of my experiences. :

I was always an Xbox guy, I loved Halo 4. Then I got a Ps4 and got Killzone shadow fall.

And I must admit, Ksf had the best single player fps campaign I have ever played, much better than Halo 4.

I mean daym, the story was pretty compelling.

Ps: You wouldn't be calling the Mcc a quality game six months ago.... :D

Edited by Like Cabooster the Ace

Hey there mate! 

Firstly, I hate to tell you this but we aren't 343I, just a community Forum. 

But with that aside, i'm really glad that you have decided to give the Xbox a go, and especially loved Halo. It is a very expansive game that only gets better the longer you play it. 

Feel free  too stick around here and ask any questions you may have, and welcome to community! 

Ahh lol, thanks for letting me know mate haha, it's all cool. 

W-w-wait... Someone who's not absolutely bashing the hell out of Halo 4 and everything 343i touches?!

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!

Seriously though, I'm glad to finally see someone post something positive. Hats off to you sir!

I don't understand why anyone would bash it, what exactly was wrong with it?. From the moment i started playing it i was hooked.

• Like 2

How Refreshing. This usually the opposite of how most fans treat Halo 4. We're certainly glad you enjoyed it and it's a refreshing take to say the least. Really happy you got into Halo. Wonderful games and a universe to get in to. Welcome to the forums too. 

They sure are mate and thanks. 

• Like 1

^

Why would they bash it? For many reasons, some I will explain here. :)

1 Halo Mcc is was broken at launch. 

2 Halo 4 was the first Halo game not made by Bungie so lots of people will naturally not like it.

3 Like Halo Reach it got rid of fair stars and brought in loadouts.

4 Hit-scan fire was removed

5 It had an XP system and not a 1-50 or a similar system to 1-50

6 The betrayal system and join in progress system were shotty at best.

7 Join in progress was added, it seemed like a good idea at first but it was terrible in the end. ( I actually used glitches to make sure I never got in a game that was in progress )

8 Unless you read some of the books you might find it hard to understand the Halo 4 campaign.

9 Promethean knights required no strategy to beat unlike the other enemy's and so became bullet sponges.

10 Ordnance drops.  

So yep, those are some reasons people don't like Halo 4.

I liked the campaign but I can understand while people would not like the campaign ( due to its reliance on books )

and I can certainly understand while people don't like the Multiplayer.

^

Why would they bash it? For many reasons, some I will explain here. :)

1 Halo Mcc is was broken at launch. 

2 Halo 4 was the first Halo game not made by Bungie so lots of people will naturally not like it.

3 Like Halo Reach it got rid of fair stars and brought in loadouts.

4 Hit-scan fire was removed

5 It had an XP system and not a 1-50 or a similar system to 1-50

6 The betrayal system and join in progress system were shotty at best.

7 Join in progress was added, it seemed like a good idea at first but it was terrible in the end. ( I actually used glitches to make sure I never got in a game that was in progress )

8 Unless you read some of the books you might find it hard to understand the Halo 4 campaign.

9 Promethean knights required no strategy to beat unlike the other enemy's and so became bullet sponges.

10 Ordnance drops.  

So yep, those are some reasons people don't like Halo 4.

I liked the campaign but I can understand while people would not like the campaign ( due to its reliance on books )

and I can certainly understand while people don't like the Multiplayer.

I don't care for multiplayer at all, i just enjoy playing through the main campaigns in games. In my honest opinion there is nothing wrong whatsoever with Halo 4, it takes a lot these days to impress me when it comes to games and Halo 4 to me was an absolute blast. Whole idea of Halo 4 being the first game not made by Bungie does not bother me at all, i prefer 343's version of Halo more so than Bungie's, don't get me wrong i loved Halo 1, 2 & 3 but Halo 4 simply blew me away. I am not the kind of gamer that looks for everything wrong in a game, there is so much done right in Halo 4 and that is what i see.

^

So you are being blind to the games faults for no reason? smile.png

And so what if you don't care about mp? Those are still faults within the game that you must accept after all you did post this.... "Halo 4 was a masterpiece" Well from what I told you it clearly has some problems.

As I said, the Campaign still had some issues with it, such as the Promethean enemy's who were nothing more than boring bullet sponges.

"In my honest opinion there is nothing wrong whatsoever with Halo 4"

Well I just gave you one example that blew your opinion out the water how about another?

Its relied too much on books, if you had not read certain books you might not understand some parts of the story and certain characters.

I don't care for multiplayer at all, i just enjoy playing through the main campaigns in games. In my honest opinion there is nothing wrong whatsoever with Halo 4, it takes a lot these days to impress me when it comes to games and Halo 4 to me was an absolute blast. Whole idea of Halo 4 being the first game not made by Bungie does not bother me at all, i prefer 343's version of Halo more so than Bungie's, don't get me wrong i loved Halo 1, 2 & 3 but Halo 4 simply blew me away. I am not the kind of gamer that looks for everything wrong in a game, there is so much done right in Halo 4 and that is what i see.

I would highly recommend picking up some Halo books if you liked Halo 4. A few of them really flesh out some of the characters and provide a bunch of backstory tht is otherwise summarised in-game. Also Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn is a great live-action series that really gives some decent backstory to Lasky.

Also, this link has a bunch of free online sources should you wish to know more about the lore of Halo.

Edited by BaconShelf

^

So you are being blind to the games faults for no reason? smile.png

And so what if you don't care about mp? Those are still faults within the game that you must accept after all you did post this.... "Halo 4 was a masterpiece" Well from what I told you it clearly has some problems.

As I said, the Campaign still had some issues with it, such as the Promethean enemy's who were nothing more than boring bullet sponges.

"In my honest opinion there is nothing wrong whatsoever with Halo 4"

Well I just gave you one example that blew your opinion out the water how about another?

Its relied too much on books, if you had not read certain books you might not understand some parts of the story and certain characters.

Haha i am not going to continue this, i don't see multiplayer as being a fault i just said i don't care much for multiplayer. Anyway i understand some of you are Halo purists and i respect that, i just wanted to praise 343 for making a game that i really enjoyed playing, that's all.

^

What?

You don't acknowledge multiplayer as a fault because you don't care for it? :D

No offence, but you just lots a lot of credibility, but that's just being dumb.

It could easily be turned around.

I don't acknowledge you as a person because I don't like you.... see, see, it can be turned around!

Anywho back to responding....

Me? A halo purist?! I am not a Halo purist, I will have you know Halo 4 is my second favourite single player FPS campaign.

Just because I disagree with you and point out flaws with the game does not mean I am a Halo purist or my opinion is not as valid as your own.

^

What?

You don't acknowledge multiplayer as a fault because you don't care for it? :D

No offence, but you just lots a lot of credibility, but that's just being dumb.

It could easily be turned around.

I don't acknowledge you as a person because I don't like you.... see, see, it can be turned around!

Anywho back to responding....

Me? A halo purist?! I am not a Halo purist, I will have you know Halo 4 is my second favourite single player FPS campaign.

Just because I disagree with you and point out flaws with the game does not mean I am a Halo purist or my opinion is not as valid as your own.

Ok no worries mate.

• Like 1

Just completed Halo 4 on legendary, dam that was hard but i managed to get through it. That last area is full of Knights. Halo 4 is definitely the best dam FPS i have ever played, absolutely loved every moment of it. 

• Like 1

^
^

Tough?! You thought that was tough?

Halo 4 is really easy, you want tough, play Halo 2 Legendary! :)

Now, that is tough, for a good reason. Promethean knights are just bullet sponges with no tactics or strategy to beat other than filling with bullets. BORING!

^

^

Halo 4 is really easy, you want tough, play Halo 2 Legendary! :)

Now, that is tough, for a good reason. Promethean knights are just bullet sponges with no tactics or strategy to beat other than filling with bullets. BORING!

No tactics for Promeathean Knights, are you serious? I've been using tactics to take them down all game and the Knights are awesome enemies. Each to there own i guess but man i so disagree with so many of these complaints. BORING? very far from it Caboosh. 

^

^

Halo 4 is really easy, you want tough, play Halo 2 Legendary! smile.png

Halo 2 isn't that tough anymore honestly. To me at least. Halo 4 actually seems harder to me on Legendary Now. The Enemies in Halo 4 seem a lot more tenacious then the ones in Halo 2. They seem to always chase me when in other games they wouldn't. Maybe because I've played Halo for so long the Wrongs are becoming rights and the rights are becoming lefts.

The biggest factor of this is I use speedrunning Tactics to get past the hard parts while engaging the enemy little to none. Cheap, But Effective.

And The Knights in Halo 4. On LASO I use to spawn kill them in Co-op. I traced where they would spawn on the Level Infinity. The spot where you get the Marine No Death Achievement. That spot is real Hell on LASO and Legendary, Probably the Hardest in the game save for the Last Room on Midnight.

I actually Find the Knights strangely fascinating for some reason. They are the only enemy in Halo that Every time I see one, I run Up to and attempt to punch it right in it's mouth. I just really enjoy hearing them frying once I'm done killing them.

^
^

Well there is on tactic, shooting them. :)

I mean compared to other enemy's Knights are just boring, they pretty much are nothing but bullet sponges.  

Halo 4 is supereasy. The only reason you find Knights hard is because they are bullet sponges.

To defeat an Elite you have to use a tactic, to defeat a Knight there is no tactics just shooting, that's why Knights are boring and hard.

I am playing Halo 2 on Legendary and so far i hate it, this is so stupid, is this even beatable? I don't mind playing hard games but this is just ****. I can see why many regard it as being the hardest Halo on Legendary but i also see it as being the most cheap. I don't care what anyone says, Halo 4 was just perfect on Legendary, there were only a few parts that really got me frustrated but even when it got hard it never felt cheap, it was because i did something stupid. In my opinion 343 Industries made a much better experience with there version of Halo compared to Bungie's and i really mean that. I can already picture fighting the Flood on Legendary in Halo 2 and i don't think i am up for that torment.

• Like 1