Halo 4 Feedback

XBF4N

^

All three of the boss fights in Halo 3 are still bad, and relatively boring for that matter. :)

That's kinda why they have not been seen in the series since.

The only "boss fight" in Halo 3 is literally wait 10 seconds then shoot with a laser.

Unless you count Cortana, as you are walking around inside a Gravemind.

The scarabs are probably more interesting 'bosses' that anything in any other Halo. Simply because you get a myriad of ways to take it down, through combined-arms warfare.

You guys do realize you don't have to board Regret to kill him, right? I have no clue why you keep saying that's the only way. You can shoot him down. Fuel Rod and Rocket Launcher will almost instantly kill him. Depending on difficulty. However, boarding him is the easy/fun way. It's also the only reason why 343 included the filler Prophet Skull. To make it more fun, and for an achievement. However, if you do not board him and just shoot him down. You will not get the achievement.

So overall, he can be shot down. I mean, why couldn't he? They shot down a prophet in Halo: Legends with a sniper shot. Why wouldn't Regret have been able too?

That prophet was a minor prophet and did not posess Energy shields. Or did, but was (completely reasonably) not expecting to be sniped so didn't have them up. Regret knew he was in a dangerous place, and was paranoid enough that he kept a plasma pistol with him at all times anyway. I doubt the Covenant would give anything but the best above-zealot-level shields to.. Y'know... A heirach.

At least the tips given in the Tartarus fight make sense. Tartarus giving insults and taunts and Johnson calling out when the very visible energy shield is down is a perfectly reasonable thing todo for those characters.

Aside from the Sangheili-Human language barrier, of course.

That prophet was a minor prophet and did not posess Energy shields. Or did, but was (completely reasonably) not expecting to be sniped so didn't have them up. Regret knew he was in a dangerous place, and was paranoid enough that he kept a plasma pistol with him at all times anyway. I doubt the Covenant would give anything but the best above-zealot-level shields to.. Y'know... A heirach..

Kept a plasma pistol on him, but in-game he used cannons... I don't know where this is going or what's even going on.

Besides my point was you can kill Regret other than melee.

^
^

Bacon I meant so post Halo 2 Boss fights, but on that note, that 10 seconds skirmish against Spark that some people count as a boss fight falls into the category as, brutally straightforward.

^

Well he cant sit on that big chair all the time, by all times that includes sleeping and when he is just chilling around his home or whatever.

A charged Plasma pistol shot is pretty effective, in lore. :)

Edited by Caboosh Teh Aish

A charged Plasma pistol shot is pretty effective, in lore. :)

The plasma pistol is pretty effective in-game as well. It's stronger than the Plasma Rifle. The overcharge is shield draining, yes. But the shots itself are powerful. In-game you can notice that it overpowers Plasma Rifles and Magnums as well as SMG's. That's not even dual wielding. Plus the gun has devastating accuracy. 

No need to point out the obvious Caboose. Besides, I'm sure he keeps it on his side as more of a defense than anything. Similar to how Truth had a spiker. For those special occasions.

^
Truth didn't have a spiker did it?

I thought he just broke lore and picked that thing up and started walking.

Unless you can provide a lore source he did, then I don't think so.

"Besides, I'm sure he keeps it on his side as more of a defense" of course, what else would he use it for? :D

Kept a plasma pistol on him, but in-game he used cannons... I don't know where this is going or what's even going on.

Besides my point was you can kill Regret other than melee.

He kept a pistol with him around other Heirarchs, in te midst of the best security that could be afforded to him. Anything less and he is going to have more defences; shields and so forth.

Also, Truth didn't keep the Spiker with him. Even marines struggled to hold those things, and most San 'Shyuum are very frail (Due to a combination of factors; inbreeding, higher gravity on HC meaning that they spend most f their lives in chairs and such). Plus, the way Truth holds and discards the weapon anvil idly shows he almost finds it disgusting, primitive. Like the Covenant's opinion of human ballistic weapons. And that thing is waaay too big to hide under robes like a plasma pistol can.

^

Truth didn't have a spiker did it?

I thought he just broke lore and picked that thing up and started walking.

Unless you can provide a lore source he did, then I don't think so.

"Besides, I'm sure he keeps it on his side as more of a defense" of course, what else would he use it for? :D

He didn't break lore. He just did it in a stupid way by teleporting behind Miranda. Somehow.

^

He did, because as you said before, he held a spiker. :)

Its not even if he displayed any difficulty using it, he was even holding it in one hand!

Humans can hold a spike rifle well enough, and he drop he weapon not because he looks like he can't hold it, but because he is disguste by it. He considers te brutes primitive and savage. He only use the T33 because he had no other choice (apparently)

• 2 weeks later...

Huh. Didn't know you could harm Regret from a distance with rocket-level weapons. But unless you can blow him up in 3 rockets or less on Legendary, that's not very useful information for me.

My point is though, with the exception of the Heretic Leader, the boss fights are entirely fair to a first-time player even if their first run is on Legendary.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if the achievements in halo mcc are still messed up? I've played through 4 twice, once on normal then on heroic and have not gotten the easy, normal or heroic achievements. I got all other achievements in 4 but those won't pop. It says on my xbox I've completed them all on heroic but no banana......!

Can anyone tell me if the achievements in halo mcc are still messed up? I've played through 4 twice, once on normal then on heroic and have not gotten the easy, normal or heroic achievements. I got all other achievements in 4 but those won't pop. It says on my xbox I've completed them all on heroic but no banana......!

They work for me. Try making sure you don't have ANY skull on that gives you x0.00 multiplier.

Or just don't use skulls. Like I did when I got them.