Mafia 11.0 - Covenant Edition

Axilus Prime

And with all role PMs sent, Mafia 11.0 has begun. Here's the intro scene.

---

A Covenant Corvette drifted along through the blackness of space.

"This is madness. How could this have happened?" The speaker's voice was a steady one with a hint of a rumble and two hints of an echo, though at the moment it was rather distressed, or as close to sounding distressed as he would allow.

Its engines were at full stop. Floating debris tumbled through the void, glancing off its shields.

A deep voice with the sound of nobility in it answered. "I know not the answer to that question, Commander. Your ship's scanners...they picked up five Covenant identification tags, did they not?"

The monitor flickered for a moment, threatening to cut the transmission between the two Sangheili. All throughout the ship, systems were offline. The engines, strangely, were not among the systems that had been rendered non-functional.

"Yes...but the sabotage took down the scanners, and a number of key systems. The engines are functional, but I won't risk returning to our headquarters now and bringing them there." Stepping closer to the monitor, the white armor of the lighter-voiced Elite became visible. Another feature became apparent when he turned his head: he was missing two of his mandibles.

"A wise decision, Commander." The deeper voiced Elite's features were hard to see with the faulty, improvised transmission connection, but at times ornate silver armor could be seen on his body. These times were few and far between, with the screen fading into static nearly half of the time, but the Spec-Ops Commander knew the Elite he was talking to well. "You plan to root out and kill these Covenant infiltrators?"

"Absolutely," he answered the Arbiter. "We can make it back to Sanghelios with the systems we still have. But we cannot bring a single one of them here. We shall find every one of these infiltrators, slay them without mercy, and return only when five spies are dead!"

The Arbiter's voice drew close to a low growl. "Without your scanners, you will have to run a neural scan of those you suspect to determine their loyalties. That will work only if they are already dead, or kill them in the process. You play a blind game, Commander. I don't like this."

The Spec-Ops Commander lowered his head. "Unfortunately...we will indeed be blindly executing the crew of this ship until we find them. I loathe the idea. But without any way to fix our scanners or transmit our exact coordinates, it's the only path available to us."

The transmission ended then, the whole screen filling with static. The connection could no longer be maintained, with their proper comms having been sabotaged. The Spec-Ops Commander pounded the wall in frustration. What are the Covenant planning to do now?

---

"Everything is down except what is needed to move this ship," the Elite Ranger said. "All sabotage has been completed."

"Then soon we can kill them all...yes?" The Elite Warrior turned his Energy Sword over, staring into its elegant plasma blade.

"Maybe not all," the Ranger answered with a slight grin. "Three individuals on this ship are of questionable loyalty to the Swords of Sanghelios. We may be able to gain their help as well."

"Besides," the Storm Grunt cut in with a more obvious grin, "Crew full of retards!"

"Do not underestimate this ship's crew." The Storm Zealot, eyes gleaming, approached the others, snarling quietly as he did so. A Hunter who had lost his brother, shaking with rage and grief, followed closely behind him. "They will put up a fight. We will not be able to kill too many at once. So we will keep our identities hidden. And we will strike each night. And we will seize control of this ship."

"And use it to bring the weapon on board to the Didact's Hand?" The Warrior had excitement in his voice, but the Hunter growled loudly at the mention of the weapon. "Mind your tongues, collection of worms! We have all lost comrades! That this ship's crew won the battle for the weapon is the reason we are here! So forget about your brother and his death during the battle! You should consider it an honor to his name...and to your family."

The Hunter's Assault Cannon began to glow green, but the Zealot rushed in between the Warrior and Hunter, roaring and drawing his own Energy Sword. "Be silent! Kill each other after the mission, if you must! We have infiltrated the ship the Swords of Sanghelios took the weapon upon. We must kill every last one of them on board before we can take this ship to the Didact's Hand...and yes, its cargo is the reason for that. Stay your fury, my brothers. There will be plenty of time for bloodshed tonight."

---

All those who act during night, you have 48 hours.

• Like 4

Night 1

"Dammit! Why this have to be so complicated?!" A burst of sparks that burned slightly was the control panel's only response.

The Grunt Minor tasked with maintenance continued attempting to carry out the orders given to him by the Spec-Ops Commander. "Fix scanners he says! Only way to solve problem without killing crew he says! Maybe better if I just went with Brutes back then!" He didn't mean it, of course. That would have meant death, and death was the last thing he wanted to come to him.

When the Grunt's fingers accidentally pushed a wire into a tight space, he grunted in frustration and went to get pliers from the corner of the room. The instant he picked it up, a voice from behind asked to borrow the tool. The Grunt turned, and standing before him...was no one. That could mean only one thing. Immediately he dove off to the side. It was very fortunate that he did, for another shower of sparks came from the wall behind him, and a long, thin burn mark remained. Seeing the enemy for a split second, the Grunt slid under his legs, narrowly avoiding another sword slash, and fired a charged Plasma Pistol shot at his crotch.

With a growl of pain, the Storm Zealot turned visible for a split second and was surrounded by crackles of energy. His shield was down, and the crackles gave away his position. "You are not so foolish as most Grunts. I see why they allow you to work with machines."

The maintenance Grunt, knowing the words were only a distraction, rushed for the control panel and pulled out two wires threateningly. "If you move, I sound alarm, and you go bye bye!"

The Zealot laughed, standing there until his shield regenerated and the crackles around him were no more. "You think I can't see that panel is broken? You cannot use that machine any more than a Hunter can drive a Ghost...and worst of all, that isn't even an alarm!"

The Grunt's eyes widened in shock. The Zealot had seen right through his bluff, and his plan had failed. Plan A, anyway. "...Just kill me quickly," he asked. The instant the Zealot moved forward, however, he could see a slight blur. That was the signal. He threw both wires forward, and when the exposed parts simultaneously made contact with the Zealot, a blinding flash of electricity followed.

"GROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" The Zealot stumbled forward, and his fingers flattened against the ground and the handle of his Energy Sword. With ringing in his ears and clouded, reddened vision, he could just barely tell that the scanner control panel had exploded and that one final shower of sparks had struck the ground between him and the Grunt who had done this. Truly...the most intelligent imbecile I have ever--

Punch after punch, the Grunt desperately struck the Zealot in the head, knowing that to halt his onslaught for a second was to die. He hadn't won, only created an opportunity to. As he punched, he stomped on the Zealot's hand, then slid the Energy Sword away with his foot on the handle. "DIE!" he repeated over and over, as if perhaps the force of the words would add to the force of the punches and maybe reach a level great enough to kill his foe.

"ENOUGH!" The Zealot's arm lashed out, knocking the Grunt over. With blood streaming down his face, the Zealot got to his feet and seized the small creature by the face. With one hand, he picked the Grunt off the ground and roared in his face. "It's shameful...that YOU could do this to me. But even more shameful...that even the honor of such a feat...cannot outweigh the dishonor of your heresy." Giving no time for the Grunt to respond in any way, the Zealot squeezed and crushed his skull. Bone fragments and waterfalls of blood hit the ground, and the corpse was cast aside.

He wiped the blood from his face and waited for his shield to regenerate, then picked up his sword. Truly, that had been the smartest Grunt ever to live. Not simply killing him as quickly as possible had certainly been a mistake. But now was not the time for such things.

---

"How long does it take to kill one Grunt?!" A gold-armored Elite Zealot pounded the wall over and over impatiently.

"HEY!" A Grunt Minor yelled back in protest. He looked at the others in the room, an Elite Ranger and a Hunter, both wearing the armor used by the Swords of Sanghelios, as he and the Elite Zealot were. All the support he got from them amounted to an amused chuckle and utter silence. He was about to say something else when the Storm Zealot returned.

"Finally. I thought you had been caught!" The Ranger got a suit of Elite Major armor off the wall and handed it to the Storm Zealot. "We've already changed our armor to blend in for the voting session. You should do the same, before the heretics wake up and see you."

"I know!" With anger in his voice, the Zealot seized the armor, then briskly changed into it. To appear at the voting session wearing their Covenant armor would be suicidal, of course, and so disguises were necessary.

---

Caboose The Ace, Maintenance Grunt, Executed.

Suspect List:

rrhuntington

Yang Xiao Long

Edward Kenway

Self Destruct

Vote. You have 48 hours.

• Like 5

You mafians made a big mistake!

Bravado aside the loss of the maintenance grunt ( me ) is a tough one as I could block the mafians from deactivating a Pro towns power.

Regardless all Pro town and Neutral wishing to help, Pm me with screenshot evidence preferably so we may unite under one banner and destroy the mafians.

To victory we go Pro town!  :)

I vote Self Destruct because:

1. Reasons

2. Facts.

3. Figures.

4. More reasons.

5. Personal bias.

6. Insane ramblings.

7. Gibberish.

I also vote Self Destruct. Because with everyone having a role then killing people off this time is most beneficial to help widdle down roles for all sides.

I'm also the Honor Guard Councilor. Hi hello. 

I have an idea.

Split votes between all 4 lynchees. That way RNG will choose who dies, and none of the full blame can be pinned on specific people. This is the first Round after all. Why not let RNG do the killing?

Sorry cant do

Some roles have the ability to vote in secret.

I have an idea.

Split votes between all 4 lynchees. That way RNG will choose who dies, and none of the full blame can be pinned on specific people. This is the first Round after all. Why not let RNG do the killing?

That's what they all say...