Weapon Against The Flood

depressant

What is your favorite weapon against the Flood, the best way too destroy those nasty critters?

Mine would have to be dual-wielding SMGs because it's quick to kill the combat forms and the infection forms when they come crawling at you.

What would you choose? Better hurry, they're coming quick....

• 1 month later...

Halo CE: Shotgun, Shotgun, and more Shotgun. Also I like the Rocket Launcher for when there are large groups.

Halo 2: Energy Sword. If an Energy Sword is not present, Shotgun. I like the Major Sentinel Beam or a Rocket Launcher as a backup.

Halo 3: There are a lot of good weapons to use against them, and it varies with each level the Flood appear in.

In Floodgate, I use the Gravity Hammer (switching to a Shotgun or Brute Shot later on) with either a Carbine or a Battle Rifle as my secondary weapon. Either one gets rid of those pesky Ranged Pure Forms.

In the Covenant, I use plasma weaponry, starting with a Plasma Turret and then Plasma Rifles. They tear Flood up! When the Flood appear in that level, I typically have a Fuel Rod Gun in case I get angry and turn green.

In Cortana, I use an Energy Sword/Gravity Hammer and a Brute Shot. The Brute Shot is more than capable of hitting enemies within each room, and can kill most Combat Forms in one hit. If it doesn't and they get too close, mash them up with the blade! The only problem is that ammo is relatively scarce, so I frequently switch to a Carbine.

And finally in Halo, I use a Battle Rifle and a Fuel Rod Gun. The Battle Rifle allows you to pick off Combat Forms from a distance. Aim for the chest and they'll go down in one hit. Eventually I abandon the Battle Rifle for a Brute Shot, as ammo is quite plentiful and that blade is a good substitute for an Energy Sword. Then I swap out for garbage weapons to fight Spark, as you lose whatever weapons you enter the fight with. Pick up your weapons afterwards, and finish the fight!

It honestly depends on the game. If we are talking Halo CE then I am all about the Assault Rifle. Great weapon that thing is.

As far as Halo 2-3 I really don't care as the Flood didn't entertain me in the slightest in those games. I honestly (no joking here) had a better time jumping off the map to kill myself then I did going up against them. Its not that they were difficult (far from it) but they just brought nothing to the table for me. They had no value in the game for me. But if forced then I suppose I would have to do the dual needlers in Halo 2 and I guess a plasma rifle in Halo 3.

• Like 1

My first Xbox was the Halo 3 ODST + Forza Motersport 3 Xbox Elite bundle. I never got to experience Halo 2. Or CE for that matter. But that's my own fault for not buying it. I've only played Halo 3, Halo 4 and Reach.

Weapon of choice for Halo 3:

- Flamethrower.

- Battle Rifle and Shotgun Combo.

- Melee.

• Like 1