What if..the bubble shield was brought back in Halo 5?

Helix Amell

It would be interesting to see it make a return, I liked the one from Halo: Reach because it could also heal your shields. The Halo 3 one was good too, although making it completely indestructible was kinda "Cheap" in my opinion.

I think that the bubble shield should be brought back as an armor ability.

However, I think that 343i should be smart about how long they make the cooldown for it.

Which is why I am suggesting that there is no cooldown.

Second of all, I think the bubble shield should also trigger an armor lock, except instead of locking your armor in place you can move around freely. This second defense is to ensure that if by some likely chance 343i's horrible programming fails and the bubble shield doesn't work we can still rely on the armor lock.

Regards,

However, I think that 343i should be smart about how long they make the cooldown for it.

Second of all, I think the bubble shield should also trigger an armor lock, except instead of locking your armor in place you can move around freely. This second defense is to ensure that if by some likely chance 343i's horrible programming fails and the bubble shield doesn't work we can still rely on the armor lock.

Regards,

There are no armor abilities in Halo 5. They are simply armor abilities. 

And about your armor lock comment, Shana got that for you:

Honestly I don't want to see that come back, it was ruined in Halo Reach. I have a feeling it would be bad in the next Halo as well. Besides the bubble protects you anyway, why add-on to that?

Regards,

An armor ability version of bubble shield with no cooldown so you can always be in a bubble?

Armor lock that allows you to be invincible AND move?

343i's horrible programming fails?

gr8 b8 m8 8/8

If anyone FALLS for the bait, well:

20121119221755-e41405ae.jpg

• Like 2

Aside from mr. I-send-in-godzilla-to-watch-this-thread.

If the bubbleshield returns, make it equipment, but let us use it as an animation, which looks like the one in Halo legends and the Halo 3 trailer. give it a use of one and we have a verily balanced equipment piece which could safe someone for a few seconds from heavy fire.

Also in Halo 3: Throw 2 spike grenades in it if an enemy uses it. and watch him get stabbed to death by hundreds of spikes. I just loved to do that.

• Like 1

Have it return as equipment, just like it was in Halo 3. But add that animation from the Halo 3 trailer, and it would be amazing. It was perfect just the way it was. It protects you from fire; yet, if someone chucks a couple grenades in there, you're pretty much doomed. Destroy the generator, and the whole thing goes down. If the Halo 3 incarnation of the Bubble Shield returns, I will be a very happy guy.

If the Halo Reach incarnation returns, I won't be so happy. In Reach, it always felt rather weak against enemy fire and it was clunky to use. By the time you go to deploy it to save yourself from a Wraith mortar or a rocket, chances are you get hit before you get the shield up. It was awkward to get the timing just right, and most of the time it goes down on just a couple hits. Then again, I suppose Armour Lock is the ability that's supposed to save your hide from explosives.

Edited by Maestro

IT soooo did, man could you imagine how cool that would feel.

It always did look cool.

You guy's do know the Halo: Reach armor ability was designed the EXACT same way, right? Minus the actual equipment in hand.

It had the exact same deployment animation.

It also resisted the same amount of damage. If used correctly, you could make yourself look cool in Halo: Reach with it. Just look for an incoming Wraith mortar, and then deploy the drop shield. Bam, no scratch on you and the bubble shield is gone. 

The only reason why it's not considered is because it was deployed of different usage, not the one the producers first sole intent interest was: Which was to work the same as the Halo 3 Video animations.

Sadly, it was used more for camping; a safe zone; or blocking a small crevice entrance so you wouldn't be able to shoot through one side. People these days. -_-

The animation would be very cool if they added it in, I also agree to make it equipment like from Halo 3. Find it, throw it on the ground, instant bubble cover. Having it as a armour ability wouldn't be as fun. If they were going to do that, then I would suggest having a cool-down on it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The bubble shield that can make all players inside of it invulerable from the outside? Yeah right get rid of it. I really hope they get rid of perks like that and the rocket jet pack, sprint, etc.

The old halo 2 multiplayer was the best. Halo 4 started to feel like it was strafing away from its roots and more into the CoD realm.

Hoping for a straight up shooter that focuses on team work and aiming, not fancy shield bubbles and jet packs.

I would like it to come back in because it was cool and useful when you were trying to take out troops as the dropship pounded you with shots

yeah just keep it out of multiplayer.

The bubble shield that can make all players inside of it invulerable from the outside? Yeah right get rid of it. I really hope they get rid of perks like that and the rocket jet pack, sprint, etc.

The old halo 2 multiplayer was the best. Halo 4 started to feel like it was strafing away from its roots and more into the CoD realm.

Hoping for a straight up shooter that focuses on team work and aiming, not fancy shield bubbles and jet packs.

yeah just keep it out of multiplayer.

invulnarable is an overstatement, the thing could handle long distance, close by not so much.

• 2 weeks later...

What if the Bubble Shield was in the form of a grenade (like in the H3 teaser) and could be thrown as a grenade? Could give cover to yourself as normal by "grenading" your feet, or cover/contain allies, objectives, or opponents from a distance with a good throw (think RvB Season 10 Episode 8 at 6:48).

Hate to burst your bubble, but they pretty much already said that.

There was way too many dumb things in Halo 4 like the grenade that freezes vehicals. The bubble sheild is yet another annoying gimmick that shouldn't be in Halo.

No grenade in any Halo game can "freeze" vehicles. The closest thing I could think of would be the Power Drain equipment... which was in Halo 3, not Halo 4.

Hate to burst your bubble, but they pretty much already said that.

the_joker_sees_what_you_did_there_by_abe

I see what you did there, but I only saw mention of it being a grenade aesthetically, rather than in practice, and the "throw" was merely mentioned as an animation for deploying it at your feet. I'm referring to being able to manually aim and throw it, whether at your feet or at other points of interest.