how was the campain?

HaloKittyGirl

i got halo 4 for xmas. it was the best gift i got this year. i did not get any xbox live but i did get halo 4 from my new dad. i got it taken away. i just got it back yesterday so im going to do the campaign so i can see the rest of the spoilers in the forum. cant wait untill i compleat it. then i can read the rest of the forums on this site. so im wondering if you guys thought it was any good. just so i know what to expect.

• Like 2

I thought it had the best story telling of all the Halo games so far, good flow and plot. The gameplay was a little lacking though.

ya i agree the campain was a little lacking of game play. i think it was a little to short. and there wasnt that many moments where u had to drive far. i liked that in the reach campain when on the last mission u got to drive the mongouses. and i was also suprised that u didnt see one scarbe in the campain of halo 4. there wasnt many big ships either. it didnt realy show his combat skill. and it was lacking in "how in the world did i just do that. that was amazing" moments oh ps i didn finish the campain last nite

I'm glad we got to see more sides of the Master Chief than usuallly bonafide badass he usually is. But somehere it felt kinda like a build-up to the next halo game.

Still an amazing piece of work!

I am under the impression that while the rest of us were gamers and playing Halo, many other casual people were busy on forums giving 343 Industries the wrong impression of what fans actually want from Halo. I  myself never bothered with social networking or being on forums until Halo 4 came out and ruined my experience with the Halo franchise. So, just because people haven't been saying they didn't like Halo 4 on the forums doesn't mean that the majority of people who bought or rented it found the game to not reach their expectations. Most people were more concerned with playing the game than participating in forums or social networks, and simply wanted a good Halo game. They were denied this because everyday the vocal minority published their opinions on forums and social networks while the actual fans did not get their voices heard. This is evident due to the fact all I see are positive comments about Halo 4 when in fact it actually failed.

I am under the impression that while the rest of us were gamers and playing Halo, many other casual people were busy on forums giving 343 Industries the wrong impression of what fans actually want from Halo. I  myself never bothered with social networking or being on forums until Halo 4 came out and ruined my experience with the Halo franchise. So, just because people haven't been saying they didn't like Halo 4 on the forums doesn't mean that the majority of people who bought or rented it found the game to not reach their expectations. Most people were more concerned with playing the game than participating in forums or social networks, and simply wanted a good Halo game. They were denied this because everyday the vocal minority published their opinions on forums and social networks while the actual fans did not get their voices heard. This is evident due to the fact all I see are positive comments about Halo 4 when in fact it actually failed.

Perhaps you might want to try reading a little farther back dude.... There are huge amounts of nay sayers in the forums all across the web.

Also you are claiming an opinion as fact, when opinions are not facts. Please try again.

You didn't like Halo 4, that's cool. You are entitled to feel that way, but don't think it means everybody feels that way. As you said the vast majority of gamers never voice their opinions on forums. That means they could either love it, hate it or some where between those two extremes. Nobody really knows.

As I said before, you need to read threads a little further back to find the really hate filled ones. Even now there are still quite a few threads that hate on Halo 4 as well as members who hate on it.

Welcome to the internet.

The campaign was fun, I love Master Chief's determination to fix Cortana against all odds of even seeing a another human being again, let alone Dr. Halsey. It was actually like Master Chief was almost "human" instead of a machine. I also find it ironic that Cortana acts more human than Chief does. I honestly think Halo 4 had a beautiful story, and I can't wait to see the potential that 343 has to offer.  :yes  

• Like 1

Campaign was far too linear for me to exactly enjoy it. It did have its epic moments but most of those didn't encompass the core gameplay of Halo as an FPS. 

Storyline was ok. Interesting to see a Forerunner, humans, etc. but what I really wanted to see was some of the social impact of the Chief upon the military. I mean, he's a hero - YOU are the hero, and the first thing that gets said to you when you return to the people whose lives you saved is 'thought you'd be taller'? Didn't enjoy it as much.

Hate the cliffhanger-ish ending for the Chief that isn't really tied up in Spartan Ops or the books.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps you might want to try reading a little farther back dude.... There are huge amounts of nay sayers in the forums all across the web.

Also you are claiming an opinion as fact, when opinions are not facts. Please try again.

You didn't like Halo 4, that's cool. You are entitled to feel that way, but don't think it means everybody feels that way. As you said the vast majority of gamers never voice their opinions on forums. That means they could either love it, hate it or some where between those two extremes. Nobody really knows.

As I said before, you need to read threads a little further back to find the really hate filled ones. Even now there are still quite a few threads that hate on Halo 4 as well as members who hate on it.

Welcome to the internet.

Welcome indeed. What can I say? I'm new and P.O.'d. XD

I loved the story, the Chief against all odds trying to save Cortana, but then the part where the terminal vaporized. just before that part I felt like, Cortana can be saved and then, nothing, It broke my spirit (I usually get really emotionally involved in the Halo game)

It was a moment were I went: No, no, no, this can't be, WHY no.

My disbelief turned into anger and I went trough that last part like a thunder storm. 

I loved it, I cried a little and somewhere I still have some small hope that Cortana still lives (I think the librarian could have copied here, the reason I think the chief is on a forerunner planet in the E3 trailer.)

Never make a girl a promise you can't keep and knowing chief, he won't.

Overall I have to say they did a decent job. I couldn't remember most of the story at first (partially becaus I got it at mid night and was up playing it until I completed it), but upon replaying it on Legendary I have to say that the game play was decent and the story was pretty interesting.

Just as a side note I really wasn't that big on the Halo 4 multiplayer, I would much rather play Reach's

I loved the campaign overall, it was a nice experience. Though there a definitely some things I would nitpick on, such as the fact there were not any side quests to do and it was a pretty straight forward campaign (Not that it's a bad thing) and so on. I won't go into detail with what I felt was left out and/or needed in the campaign but overall it was an good and interesting experience, with touching moments. Halo has one of the best story lines to exist on a video game, so if you're really into story type campaigns, you'll love the Halo 4 campaign. It helps to be a big fan of Halo, as you'll feel the full experience of the Halo universe. Since by now you've already played the campaign I will say that I hope you enjoyed the campaign like I did! ^_^

pain_zps7f20ba7d.png

Painful.

In all seriousness, I liked it, but it feels more scripted than previous Halo games for some reason. As a personal preference, I dislike the new characters introduced in Halo 4. I found the story predictable and corny towards the end, but that's probably just me.

I liked Halo 4, but it's far from my favorite Halo game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I loved the Halo 4 campaign, actually. I liked the first mission

where almost fall off that landing and the elite tries to kill you.

I am curious of what happened to the alliance the UNSC had

with the covenant? Can't wait for the next Halo!

I loved the Halo 4 campaign, actually. I liked the first mission

where almost fall off that landing and the elite tries to kill you.

I am curious of what happened to the alliance the UNSC had

with the covenant? Can't wait for the next Halo!

Those aren't the same Covvies, they are called Storm. Not all elites agree with the Arbiter's alliance.

Personally, I thought that the campaign just felt linear. Halfway through I started to get bored and played war games for a month. I eventually went back and finished the campaign, which again, just seemed to be missing something. Now, I have to say that Reach was my favorite campaign, which may change how you look at this.

I liked it but I still miss the campaign of Halo CE... Why ?

Because this missions were open and you had lots of choice unlike Halo 4, that game sends you down a corridor for the whole game sure it looks like a big area but really it is just a big corridor Halo CEs levels were more of a small cage. :)

Missions were open and you had lots of choice unlike Halo 4, that game sends you down a corridor for the whole game sure it looks like a big area

Oh man, I this brings back my best Halo 4 memory:

On "Infinity", when you get that Scorpion, mine blew up on Legendary. Not knowing it was needed, I ran to the elevator and went up, getting greeted by two hunters waiting. Yeah, I can take out hunters easy, but they had just taken away your weapons and replaced them and I had basically no ammunition, so after a few bursts, I was stuck with melee (Not to mention I was literally in a corridor). Had to restart that mission... went back about 2 months later.

Halo 4 campaign (even though there is no point saying it now) was just too much of a linear level-grind. Even though Halo 3 was, I still enjoyed playing Halo 3 campaign because it was actually big. You can play the Halo 4 campaign by forging maps and playing them in custom game lobbies, that's the size and immersion of Halo 4 levels.