Budget or piece limit? You only need one, not both.

BrandNewClassic

Budget or piece limit?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have just a budget or just piece limits?

WHY BOTH? 

343 needs to fix this, and its been bothering me ever since Halo 3 forge.

Let me explain.

With just a budget in forge, you will be able to place all of the pieces you need ( Ex: walls ). There will be a price on the wall, but not a limitation to the # of walls you can place.

So for example, let's say the budget for a map was $10,000 dollars, and each wall is $50 dollars 

( This is currently the true prices in Halo 4 ). Then, you'd be able to place 200 walls total. Catch my drift?

This would fix many problems ALL forge users deal with, like having to substitute walls with another piece, like a 4x4 building block or something.  

------------------------------

With just a piece limit, it would be exactly the same as forge today, but without a budget, allowing you to fully deplete all of the objects. 

So please give me some feedback. Thanks!

• Like 1

ok, so I've thought more about this idea, and I've come to realize that putting just a piece limit instead of just a budget is more ideal. Here's why.

With only a budget, it will cause some unexpected consequences. For instance, if a wall cost $50 dollars, but the 4x4 building block is only $10 dollars, then no use will come from using walls. You'd be able to use 1,000 4x4 building blocks, but only 200 walls in a $10,000 dollar budget.

So I think that putting only piece limitations would be great, because it would be like forge today, but with no budget. 

Let me know your suggestions or questions!

With the horsepower of a xbone ( fingers crossed ) the xbone should be able to do this stuff without breaking a sweat. :)

Seeing as Halo 5 has already been confirmed to run at 60 FPS. Which means 343i has a working Halo 5 build in their studio and that Halo 4 ran on 8 year old hardware. I am 100% sure it will.

Not to mention all the first party games on X1 run at 1080p so I am guessing Halo will too. 

Seeing as Halo 5 has already been confirmed to run at 60 FPS. Which means 343i has a working Halo 5 build in their studio and that Halo 4 ran on 8 year old hardware. I am 100% sure it will.

Not to mention all the first party games on X1 run at 1080p so I am guessing Halo will too. 

A late response but I am sure someone will see this so it may clear things up for em

That is not true and if you look at the facts more games are 60fps 1080p on the PS4 for example ryse son of rome runs at 900p 60fps. :)

Edited by Ranger447

• 3 months later...

You all really don't grasp why exactly there is both a budget and piece limit. Im.gonna save myself the trouble of dumbing it down and just tell you to instead, learn how the Blam! Engine works and how the rendering layer of the engine processes and stores rendered data.

There is a damn good reason why they both exist. Secondly I quite enjoy how simple minded you all have become. Thinking that just because we have new hardware, does not equate to that hardware being fully utilized. It takes a general 7 years for software to.catch up and become efficient enough to fully utilize hardware. Why do you think Sony, Nintendo and MS supported the last generation of console for so long? But please, continue your simple thinking. It does oh so amuse me.

You all really don't grasp why exactly there is both a budget and piece limit. Im.gonna save myself the trouble of dumbing it down and just tell you to instead, learn how the Blam! Engine works and how the rendering layer of the engine processes and stores rendered data.

There is a damn good reason why they both exist. Secondly I quite enjoy how simple minded you all have become. Thinking that just because we have new hardware, does not equate to that hardware being fully utilized. It takes a general 7 years for software to.catch up and become efficient enough to fully utilize hardware. Why do you think Sony, Nintendo and MS supported the last generation of console for so long? But please, continue your simple thinking. It does oh so amuse me.

Ah Twin, your joking around and all.