Top Ten Halo 5 Wish List: Campaign

WARHOLIC

343_zps63e42efd.jpg

A new Top 10 Series for things we would like to see in Halo 5. This will be split up into different aspects of the game: campaign, multiplayer, forge, custom game options, etc. This week, I'm focusing and collecting data for things you would like to see in the campaign. I work with The Halo Council but would like to represent the community as a whole on this series to accurately reflect the communities opinion. 

- Keep your comments short and concise so I can convert them into a poll later.
- Results will be posted here and featured on The Halo Council as a collective community.

example:
- Cortana replaced by naked Peter Griffin.

• Like 6

General:

- FPS aspect like Halo 2 (weapon positioned on the middle)

- Promethean Vehicles

- Air UNSC vehicles

- Balanced weapons

Campaign:

- More open field missions

- More AMMO

- Missions with more variety of vehicles, even allies as foes.

- BOSS fight

- More UNSC Marines, and Spartans fighting beside the Master Chief in Campaign

- The return of the ODST's

- Prometheans darker and more cruel, with faster, surprising and constant attacks

- More chaotic missions

- More variety of scenario.

Multiplayer:

- Some maps inspired on Campaign

- Objective animations (CGs), before and after some game mode

IF ARE THERE MORE ISSUES, I'LL REMEMBER LATER.

• Like 3

Campaign

- Arbiter

- Arbiter missions

- Sanghelios in campaign (and possibly multiplayer maps)

- Flood

- Halo(s)/Sentinels/Oracle(s)

Multiplayer

- Elites

- ODSTs

- Elite/ODST Ops :3

- Big maps

- Hornets and/or falcons

Custom Game Options

- Turn on/off sword assassination animations

- Turn on/off sprinting

That way you can still play on a wide map with swords and super speed and jump like you could in Halo 3 on Sandtrap. Me and my friends loved doing that and it along with infection has always been our favourite things about Halo.

• Like 2

Concise, eh? I'll try. Arbiter, Scarabs (maybe a friendly one), Emulators (check out the thread I posted), Brutes, Pelican/Falcon missions, boss-esque battles (e.g. Brute Chieftain or Alpha Hunter), more skulls (Thread: New Skull), more covies and coveys (friendly elites), stealth mission(s), more enemy classes, darker environments, more levels (not necessarily longer), darker plot, better script, dynamic game-play, urban environments, THEATER MODE FOR CAMPAIGN, more complex plot, Forerunner/Precursor lore, Halsey and Jul 'Mdama, and more Gravity Hammers (comes with having Brutes back).

Cripes; I just realized the thread says "Top Ten", so I will select mine.

1. Arbiter and his allies

2. New elements such as a friendly Scarab/Pelican

3. Return of the Brutes (made possible by the Emulators--check the thread)

4. Stealth missions with silenced Magnum and ODST SMG

5. New, creative skulls (check the thread)

6. Varied enemy classes

7. Campaign theater

8. Actual boss battle

9. More complex, darker plot

10. Aerial missions with Pelicans/Falcons/Phantoms

• Like 2

They need to bring back the elites in multiplier i miss crushing foolish spartan's who dare step in my path! I thought bungie was going to allow players to be spartan's, elites, brutes, and prometheans now we are stuck as spartan's 24/7 i hate it, they f***ed up halo 4, for an elite warrior such as myself....

• Like 1

Campaign is all I'm concerned with: 1. Please ensure Spartan II's are superior to IV's. 2. Provide an explanation how IV's can wear the mjlonir armor without being crushed since they are just elite regulars (sorry big deal to me). 3. Maybe a Spartan II like Frederic or Linda 4. Arbiter. 5. Lord Hood appearance 6. Cortana revival 7. More living forerunners. 8. Relieve commander Palmer (just my opinion not a fan). 9. Halsey not being an enemy of the state. 10. Maybe MA5B's laying around sometimes 60 rounds at point blank just feels right.

• Like 2

1. Make the Didact a dynamic character

2. Go to Sangehelios

3. Re introduce the Arbiter

4. Arbiter dies

5. Sarah Palmer dies

6. Halsey dies

7. Cortana doesn't return

8. Longer campaign

9. More "exciting" ending

10. Good story in general

2. Provide an explanation how IV's can wear the mjlonir armor without being crushed since they are just elite regulars (sorry big deal to me). 

Two reasons, first is that it isn't MJOLNIR armor, and second technology doesn't stay dormant, the ability to augment humans has improved.

Edited by WonderWombat
  • Like 1

1. Friendly elites in campaign, as well as elites in multiplayer.

2. Boss battles, a staple of any classic game.

3. All the weapons in any Halo game thus far, even if two weapons serve the same purpose, such as the quicker Halo 2 pistol, and the stronger Halo 3 magnum.

4. As someone else mentioned, an air vehicle for the UNSC, one on par with the banshee.

5. Finding skulls! I miss this, it seems more fun than finding terminals.

6. Focus on quality, not quantity with armor. Halo 4 has a lot of armor but some seem completely generic to me, unlike the Halo 3 armor.

7. In firefight and multiplayer you should be able to choose between spartans, elites, brutes, and ODSTs, each with exclusive armor sets as well as slight stat changes that mildly effect gameplay. In firefight you fight the forerunner, and the flood.

8. Master Chief needs to get so sad he begins to cry, or at least shed a tear.

9. Campaign loadouts.

10. Really detailed custom game options.

• Like 2

The Arbiter should return to Halo, but he needs a back story. Fortunately, I've thought of one. The Arbiter Should come to earth with a relatively small war-torn fleet of sangheli (Elites) to create an alliance between a rebel group of Elites and the UNSC, against the covenant side. The UNSC follows the Arbiter's fleet to their homeworld. Master Chief and company find this world to be covered in fire, smog, and war. Arbiter explains that the covenant joined forces with the entire race, but he, and some others, resisted. This eventually broke out into civil war. Then something no one expected happened, the brutes, in warships, flew overhead. Armed with new weapons, new armour, new vehicles, and a vast army, they destroyed most of the landscape and cities.

Below is some other ideas I had, mainly for another project, but this is mainly for the weapons.

I think there should be an ODST during the events of Halo 3, on the arc. you should have the same characters as the last game, and have the SMG again.

RETURNS-
There are somethings that should return to the Halo series. these are some of them.

Brute!!- come on 343, really? they should return in Halo 5 against the UNSC AND the Covenant (along with any other enemies)

Dual-Wielding- this should have limits to certain classes (later in post)

Spiker, Mauler, Bruteshot, Fire/Spike Grenades,Brute Vehicles- well if brutes are returning, so should their weapons, along with new ones

(silenced?)SMG- Whyyyy??!!

Plasma Repeater?- I know some people didn't like this weapon that much.

CLASSES
There should be more than just Spartans in multiplayer. I don't just mean elites, I also mean brutes and ODSTs. each class should have its perks (good and bad) and each should be able to dual-wield certain weapons. Each class

Brute- A stronger melee class, it also happens to be slower and will less damage intake than others. Can Dual-wields: spikers, plasma rifles, plasma pistols, and maulers.

Spartan​- Well obviously, the spartan is needed to have a good Halo game. The spartan would be the person with the completely balanced stats. More skilled with vehicles. Dual-wields: SMG, Magnum, sticky detonators (with extremely slow reloads to make it fair.), plasma rifles

Elites- more speed and power (less than Brutes). Can jump higher than other classes. Dual-Wields: Plasma pistols, Plasma Rifles, Energy Swords.

ODST- Highest speed, more damage intake, and no fall damage. Quicker melee/assassination. Silenced UNSC weapons. Dual-Wields: SMG, Magnum.

That's all I have for classes.

NEW WEAPONS
Every Halo game needs new weapons.

Brute Snipe- Newly designed sniping weapon by the now independent brutes. it should have the same blade as the the spiker only larger and the brute class should have the ability to adjust it so it's pointing downward.

Plasma Burster- A slow rate of fire, powerful, shotgun-like Covenant weapon. Faster reloads for Elites.

CUSTOMIZATION
Now there are some MAJOR changes we can make to Customizing our armour. We should able to choose where we put our emblem, our knife, more color options, no armour in some areas, visor pictures/patterns. Just to clarify, each class will have customizable armour and colors. You should also choose your personality, changing the brutality of your assassinations/melees.

OTHER
New Brute armour- Hunter (made of bone)

• Like 4

1. The Arbiter

2. Falcons!

3. The Enforcer Sentinel things.

4. Multiplayer maps based on campaigns from previous games (like a map on the remains of the pillar of autumn in Halo CE)

5. Drop Shield 

6. Plasma Repeater

7. Dual Wield 

8. Grenade Launcher

9. Specter

10. Halo 2 Rocket Launcher heat seeking.

• Like 2

@Spark918 I agree with everything you said except for the Plasma Repeater. It really didn't serve a purpose other than making the Plasma Rifle even more useless. The Plasma Rifle had better sound effects and a classic design. One thing good about it was that it was another option, but it would be better to have a Brute Plasma Rifle--but that would require the return if the Brutes.

• Like 1

1 longer campain

2 arbiter

3 sanghilios (i forgot how to spell it)

4 halsey involved 

5 more didact 

6 flood 

7 new covy's

8 nothing else of cheifs face

9 Lasky more involved

10 cortana only in the end and she has to  somewhat different and also has to be a plot twist.

most of these are probably not in it i just want to see them in there. sorry about cortana being my number ten, but we neeed to play halo as John not Cheif and Cortana. i think we have blown Cortana out of proportion and now we need to see what the real John is now after she is gone, see if he has changed. 

I could go on but thats for another thread.

• Like 1

1) Cortana stays gone - she went out in a great way and would be corny to bring her back - also good for developing Johns character

2) Scarabs! I missed fighting them.

3) More open world maps - Like Halo CE's missions Halo and Silent cartographer where there are multiple routes to finishing the Mission

4) Flood - Ima huge flood fan, 'nuff said...

5) ODST's - Ima huge flood ODST fan - missed them in campaign and their armour in multiplayer

6) Reach style warthogs - The updated ones are nice yes... but they dont feel warthogy to me. High pitched engine and the suspension seems too low, AND they removed the badass diagonal armoured shield for the LAAG replacing it with the square piece of trash.

1. FLOOD
  2. Flood/promethean hybrids (humans enhanced with Forerunner and/or flood to create super soldier. In my mind in Halo 5 based on the end campaign movie the UNSC unlocks Forerunner techology that created the Flood and Prometheans. This would provide a whole array of new enemy types, new weapons, new armor abilities, vehicles, gametypes and Spartan Ops story ideas).
  3. Prometheans, new Promethean weapons, vehicles and enemies.
  4. Arbiter and friendly eliites
  5. Master Chief and Cortana in some "evolved" form. (Take Jane from the Ender Wiggens series by Orson Scott Card. He was created by the Hive Queen to keep Ender from destroying the Buggers, but failed, and later on she grew on her own and became sentient and was attached to Ender emotionally. Cortana could evolve and make a slow return throughout the campaign.

I have more Halo 5 ideas, but this is a mere Five(ish).

CV

Matchmaking:

- More CQC (close quarters combat) weaponry.

- Lessen the normal blast radius of explosive weaponry and vehicles.

- Higher and more challenging to achieve ranking systems.

- Bubble shield from Halo 3 (Replace regen or hardlight shield)

- Elites for certain playlists, such as Invasion from Halo Reach.

<p>war sphinx</p>

<p> </p>

<p>control and command marines<br />

<br />

smarter AIs like the elites giving command to flank and they just dont stay in one area if you run away the send a small team to follow u if u kill them they come en-mass<br />

<br />

more action out of chief<br />

<br />

enemies should be deadly it shouldnt be like ";covies lets **** them "; should be like "oh **** covies"<br />

<br />

be good if you bring in fred kelly if they arnt saved 4 spartan ops</p>

<p> </p>

<p>smartaer ai's like elites give order to smaller elites and they order to flank or trap any other formation and plans</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p>more dangerous unkillable enemies people shold be scared by the graphics and the way it gets soo hard to kill just one elite cause people call halo bot a joke smtimes</p>

<p><br />

more emotional like spartan 3's (not 4's specificall 3's) fighting of the armada while you plant smthing then when it is over they say like in onyx &quot;i think i got nicked sir&quot; and they fall and the whole vertibre shows blown by the needler(dante halo -onyx)<br />

<br />

sniper has actuall gravity like gravity drift</p>

<p> </p>

<p>guess u cant bring halo 5 to pc</p>

Campain.

1. more info about the ungoing war betwen the elites and the brutes/prophets an make the covenant return, all of them races...

2. return of the flood and arbiter and hes allies  (want kaoz, more darknes, deaths like whats the flood brings, not like this **** in h4 cortana dies and thats the only ''sad about the game''

3. more deaths on spartans

4. hope didact dident die.

5.  also want a CAS suppercarrier joining the fight in some point...

6. Scarab, gauss, maybe hawks... or an grizzly.

thats my top 6 can more but this is what i WANT.

• Like 1