Certain Affinity

Absolute Dog

Ever since forge and theater were introduced in H3, I have heard a great deal of 'this is a hard thing to do' from its developers. With respect to Certain Affinity, I can believe it. H4 forge has big flaws, but I would prefer to see a strong and steady evolution of it in future Halo releases.

Having only experienced the Defiant Map Pack on HR, I would say they've got a decent start.

I played the Halo 2 maps they made, but not too much as 5 months later Halo 3 was released. They were good maps though, pretty faithful to the Halo :CE versions.

I really liked the Defiant Map pack. Highlands is one of my favorite Reach maps, a great Big Team map. Condemned is also very good and Unearthed is a lot of fun in Firefight.

They also, IMO, did a very good job on the Anniversary maps for Reach. Yes they were remakes, but they were all well done.

• Like 1

It's such an honor and privilege to have your affiliation with our forum. I know that, unfortunately for years, you guys have been unrecognized for the great maps and content you have provided us in several Halos. I will admit, that I have had my gripes and groans but have overall been a big supporter. I only know of a few things which have restricted what you wanted to give us but also know that there are many things which inhibit what you you are fully capable of delivering. I hope that with the new Xbox and it's capabilities that you guys are able to deliver to the fans more of what you have already wanted to give. I wish you could have been there when I first experienced the Halo 4 forge. I went to Ravine first, and just starred, with ideas running wild. Thank you, for your dedication to Halo and the beautiful maps and content you have delivered for years. Go big on Halo 5!!!

• Like 2

Dear Certain Affinity,

I know that we just met, even though I had seen you a few times before during a couple "Parties", and I wanted to say that I think you're pretty cool. I've known a few people like you over the years. I admit, I used to date Bungie back when Halo 3 and Reach were lookin' good. They had some real nice "Tools" at the time if you know what I mean. ;)

Anyways, I've actually moved on and I think that I'll make you my new main squeeze. I've really felt this need to "Forge" a new relationship lately. I hope that you'll have me. I mean, you've stacked your own tool pallet pretty well, which is always a plus in my book. There's obviously a "Magnetic" attraction that we have, which I love! I wish that I could "Batch Capture" some of your sweet pieces and move them around gently all at once, but hey, who's perfect? If we're being completely honest here, I've been trying to sneak a peek of the "Ravine" you got on your backside cliffs. I know it sounds like a lot to ask so early, but I really wish that I could get back there some time, maybe drop in a few of my pieces. If you can't let that happen, then maybe my next girl might have that going for her.

For now though, I'm really glad that you've come along. Maybe some day we'll be able to "Zoom" into this relationship a bit faster, but for now, I think that you're just fine. Thanks for just being you. Let me know if you think that I've been too forward. If not, I'll see you soon. You know I'll be busy trying to make a real "Impact" on you by placing a "Silo" somewhere in that "Corridor" piece you gave us. (Inappropriate?) :secret: Call meh!

Happy Forging!

=^..^=

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...