New Betrayal System

Siubijeni

It seems like 343i didn't want to deal with betrayals so much, but I really hate the new system of no-team damage. I can't count the number of times I've snuck up on a pair of the enemy and been about to get a double-kill or triple-kill, then some banshee or tank just fires. And somehow, what should result in a double or triple betrayal, is just killing me. It's just wrong that they can fire indiscriminately and kill enemies without harming their team-mates in the slightest.

It's not just vehicles, either. People do it with rocket-launchers and sticky detonators, too.

I've seen people put stickies on their own guys, and when someone assassinates they blow the sticky. They get a showstopper, and for what? Not skill, but exploiting a loophole in the new betrayal and team-damage system.

And then on the other hand, I get run over by team-mates in warthogs or ghosts, because they want my ordnance drop I just picked up. Do I EVER get the option to boot them? Of course not--it literally hasn't given me that choice once. How is that fair? I've been doing good, I get an ordnance sniper, and BAM! Nope, Chuck Testa, it's his!

In some ways, this system of betrayal is better, because in Reach the problem was getting betrayed in the first 10 seconds, or getting shot up, but not killed so that you were always an easy kill for the enemy. Seriously, they can monitor well enough to tell when someone is boosting, but they can't write a program that tells them there are jerks ruining games in the first ten seconds, when there's not an enemy in sight?

What are your thoughts on the new team-damage/betrayal system? Like? Dislike? Hate the unliving guts of?

• Like 2

See I like the new system however there is one flaw and you pointed it out. I do think that shots like that should make those allies who are caught in the blast loose their shields at the least for a period of time and turn them into 1 shots. Then if they are killed in that period then not only does it count as a kill for the enemy team but a betrayal for the player who took down their shields.

I know most if not all of you would hate this idea but I do think it would cut down on the indiscriminate shooting. Vehicles going at speed already take down allies shields when they run into you (has happend to me more times than I can count) so why not this...

This is one of the things I really dislike about the game on occasion.. on the whole the new system works in its own right, it saves you being killed everytime you pick up a sniper or say someone removing your shields so you will die..

That said you can still be splattered by a team mate and often if you get the mantis or tank they emp you or stick you with plasma grenades, they can do this with safe knowledge they will destroy the vehicle and not get booted.

I liked the old system despite its flaws, it was Halo and it meant intelligent play as you have reffered to above. Also teammates often run into the path of your fire blocking you from finishing a kill, either through stupidity or in an attempt to steal it. Friendly fire naturally negates these issues to some extent.

Still it is not going to change and i cannot imagine it will change for the next game as they made a clear decision to remove a main feature of the game.

I disagree with a lot of you. Disabling friendly fire was badly needed. I don't want to be betrayed every damn minute for a sniper or a shotty just because some ten year old kid wants it.

They did muck it up however. They should've made vehicles part of it too, instead of being able to splatter teammates.

I disagree with a lot of you. Disabling friendly fire was badly needed. I don't want to be betrayed every damn minute for a sniper or a shotty just because some ten year old kid wants it.

They did muck it up however. They should've made vehicles part of it too, instead of being able to splatter teammates.

No, keep vehicles being able to betray. Then stupid drivers will learn to watch out for team mates. Can't count how many times I've been killed by an idiot team mate driving a wraith and just boosting into me or not paying attention to the radar and running me over.

Yes all they needed to do was improve the booting system and maybe include a report system so that if a player was booted for betrayal and reported (say for doing it for weapons) X no. of times they could get a ban for X time.

To just take away the friendly fire option was a lazy way around it. It makes a game for morons without a brain. The one good thing of Halo was always that you had to be somewhat smart, also in H3 somehow it never bothered me if a team mate was trying to shoot me I relocated.. to be honest it stopped base camper sniping (something I hate about this game)

I too miss friendly fire for the reasons above and more. Mainly in most game types if someone get you killed by dragging you into combat (getting stuck on them as you try to run by) stepping in front of your denator/rocket, or even pushing off a ledge. I liked being able to at least let them know in a meaningful fashion like a quick melee or shot to the body. and in some cases getting them to kill you intentionally with their grenades/gunfire so you can kick them for being an a bad team mate. But like you guys have said in most game types teammates are immune to friendly fire except in vehicles and even then some are willing to go as far as to blow up the vehicle you are in if they didn't have their way (ie them piloting it). There's also the people who do nothing but drive ghosts on complex that make a habit of betraying teammates getting hi-jacked and as a whole not contributing anything but kills to the other team. Personally running people over, as satisfying as it is, is a very dangerous tactic as you're far more vulnerable to plasma(grenade and pistol), hijack, and power weapons. Plus