Halo 5:Playable Elites(please watch it,343)

Thel Vadam

Yeah, I really do not like my second plot point at all though. Just feels too "Go there, do that, stop this". The reason it takes place on Sanghelios is also an excuse to let reintroduce the Arbiter and make him your co-op companion. 

You realize that the first half of Halo 3 was like that too right? It isn't as bad as you think it is. Once your plot is elongated into an entire campaign youll realize how discrete that "Go there, do that, stop this" really is. That wasn't the first thought that went into my head when playing H3's campaign. That's something i realized 2 months later. 

BTW i cracked up at that officers name  "Takuwaki mashubishi" or something like that. all Japanese names sound the same to me. :P

You realize that the first half of Halo 3 was like that too right? It isn't as bad as you think it is. Once your plot is elongated into an entire campaign youll realize how discrete that "Go there, do that, stop this" really is. That wasn't the first thought that went into my head when playing H3's campaign. That's something i realized 2 months later. 

BTW i cracked up at that officers name  "Takuwaki mashubishi" or something like that. all Japanese names sound the same to me. :P

Yeah, I did it since there is no cortana

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I'm aware Elites will definitely be returning. We have all the proof we need in Halo:Escalation. That comic series is enough to make me believe that the Elites are coming back. Possibly playable for multiplayer, but so far not 100% true. I personally think it's likely we'll see them as playable characters in the next Halo game's multiplayer. They will be if 343 Industries are listening to us, and I'm sure they are. :)

just so you know my experience with halo: I have been playing halo campaigns since I was 8 years old. I am now 18 and halo is sill my favorite game franchise of all time even over COD and BF. on the subject of playable elites in the campaign: I believe having the arbiters and the master chiefs sides of the story alternating in halo 2 was a brilliant idea and in halo 3 having both of them together made it possible to do split screen on campaign without clones of master chief running around and helping the story at the same time. when it comes to multi-player I think there should be traits that the spartans have and traits that the elites have. one of them should be better in certain ways and the other be better in other ways. I do hope 343 brings back the arbiter in the next halo game(whatever it may be called) and alternate sides of the story like halo 2.

Hello,people!I started this topic to remember the real halo fans.I mean those who have all the Halo series.We find the unpleasant change on the next Halo series....The Elites won't be playable anymore...Some people say that Bungie had a contract with 343industries who meant the elites wont be playable anymore.Time passed,elites are not playable,and Arbiter is not included in Halo 4 campaign.I could pay 343 to make them playable again or to make Arby back,but I don't know the price and how to do that.So,we need you,people.To make forums and posts with this subject.Please 343!We NEED you.

If the elites become playable again I seriously need a button where I can make the Wort Wort Wort sound. XD

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Elites are a different size and shape, and are more difficult to headshot from behind, meaning that if you enable elite starts, you no longer have equal starts. I wouldn't want to see playable elites in competitive playlists for sure. Remember people playing as elites in Halo 3 swat? I think seeing them in social would be okay.

for you people thinking elites are "useless", if they're useless, then why the hell are they in every damn halo game!? this is why im more into H3 than 4, bc i cant play a damn elite! WE WANT ELITES! or for me more specifically since they had this option in H3 and not in reach, I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PLAY AN ELITE AS WELL AS CHANGE EACH INDIVIDUAL ARMOR PIECE, not the whole damn suit!!! i could in H3, so why not? and i will make another post for this to make sure 343 sees this and puts it in!

• Like 1

Elites are the best alien species in any video game known to this day. I personally think 343 should not of made elites unplayable in halo four and only hope that they include them in halo 5. 

I also hope they simply upgrade the halo reach models of the elites, they seriously look ugly in halo four. I know its all for realism, but we are dealing with a science fictional game; reality really isn't a great factor.

Elites are the best alien species in any video game known to this day. I personally think 343 should not of made elites unplayable in halo four and only hope that they include them in halo 5. 

I also hope they simply upgrade the halo reach models of the elites, they seriously look ugly in halo four. I know its all for realism, but we are dealing with a science fictional game; reality really isn't a great factor.

I see what you mean, but lets keep in mind that this is the Storm Covenant in Halo 4. They seem to wear less armour and have more skin revealed. I personally like Halo being as realistic as possible because it's easier to compare to modern day things and we see what things would actually be like in the 2500s in Halo.

yeah, who needs elites? there not part of the story at ALL. neither are grunts, or jackles or hunters, or brutes...whats all this alien garbage? halo isnt about aliens at all. its about super-sweaty-futuresexrobots running around haphazardly sidearming grenades at 400 yards away, and chunkin' a butt-ton o' lead from the hip at other Rockem'-Sockem'-Rapage-Robots. jeeze guys, elites just dont belong in halo.

infact lets go back to the days where we all looked like a rainbow of masterchief clones. and load outs? hope you like the pistol and the assault rifle, cause thats all halo is about.

Sorry if I cannot tell if you are being sarcastic or not. 

The Sangheili play at least 40% of the Halo Storyline, Spartans being 45%, and the Covenant 15%. The Arbiter played a big part in both Halo Two and Three; and was not included in Halo Reach knowing that it took place prior to the events of Halo One.

Halo isn't just about aliens, you are right; the UNSC and ONI still have to deal with rebels. 

Loadouts = COD, 'nuff said.  

Sorry if I cannot tell if you are being sarcastic or not. 

The Sangheili play at least 40% of the Halo Storyline, Spartans being 45%, and the Covenant 15%. The Arbiter played a big part in both Halo Two and Three; and was not included in Halo Reach knowing that it took place prior to the events of Halo One.

Halo isn't just about aliens, you are right; the UNSC and ONI still have to deal with rebels. 

Loadouts = COD, 'nuff said.  

yeah, who needs elites? there not part of the story at ALL. neither are grunts, or jackles or hunters, or brutes...whats all this alien garbage? halo isnt about aliens at all. its about super-sweaty-futuresexrobots running around haphazardly sidearming grenades at 400 yards away, and chunkin' a butt-ton o' lead from the hip at other Rockem'-Sockem'-Rapage-Robots. jeeze guys, elites just dont belong in halo.

infact lets go back to the days where we all looked like a rainbow of masterchief clones. and load outs? hope you like the pistol and the assault rifle, cause thats all halo is about.

Sorry but I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. If you are not than I disagree because Elites are a huge part of the Halo Universe. They matter a lot and are allies with the UNSC. I'm sure we will eventually see more of them. If you are being sarcastic then, yes, I agree. :)

Major sarcasm bud. Im pretty alien friendly, I love all of them alot. they all have something interesting and unique, you sometimes just have to dig through all the halo lore to find the better moments for some of the "little guys". like for example: how many people on this site follow halo close enough to know that at one point the grunts formed a considerable "rebellion" against the Covenant propper? Obviously NOT a victory for them, but the little guys gave it a shot.

I just dont know how they would all fit into multiplayer...The only way i could see it happening is if they mad special menus/lobbies just for that sort of thing, separate from Vanilla Slayer.

I also couldn't detect the sarcasm at first.

• 3 months later...

" You're not a Halo fan If you don't want to play as an Elite. "

Because everyone needs to want to be able to play as an elite and people who don't have no life

Logic

IMO I don't want to be able to play as an elite unless it's like Halo 3 where Player 2 can play as the Arbiter on certain missions. 

We should be allowed to play as Elites because I personally enjoyed it. They should just add that feature to Halo 5 and if you don't like the Elites, then don't choose them, and let others be Elites. Better to have everyone happy than half of the Halo fans.

for you people thinking elites are "useless", if they're useless, then why the hell are they in every damn halo game!? this is why im more into H3 than 4, bc i cant play a damn elite! WE WANT ELITES! or for me more specifically since they had this option in H3 and not in reach, I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PLAY AN ELITE AS WELL AS CHANGE EACH INDIVIDUAL ARMOR PIECE, not the whole damn suit!!! i could in H3, so why not? and i will make another post for this to make sure 343 sees this and puts it in!

I agree. If you can change every single armor piece for Spartans, why can't you do it for Elites? Elites are the MAIN enemy in Halo and we should be able to play as them. And think about it: Why would Spartans fight Spartans? We need Elites to make multiplayer more realistic. Please 343i, MAKE ELITES PLAYABLE!!