Thoughts on Crimson Pack

Lazrael

So what are everones thoughts on the Crimson Map Pack, now that its out? Personaly I just don't feel like the players should have had to pay for it at all, subsiquent maps, maybe. But I think there are very few maps per game type in the core verision and that being charged to have a few more, which in most games would have been ecpected at launch is a bit ridiculous, even if it is only ten dollars. So I'm just wondering am I alone in thinking this, or do you guys who have payed for the pack think that it was worth it/fair?

I really like it - I've played all the maps now and they're not only very well-designed and balanced, but incredibly pretty to look at: seriously, Wreckage might be the single best looking map I've ever seen.

As for the cost... yeah, it's overpriced for what you get, but it's in line with the market. Most map packs are around 800MSP so it's not like they're charging way more than average. And if you're willing to wait a bit, I'm sure it'll be on Deal of the Week at some point, so you could save a fair bit of money that way.

Plus, you've got to remember that Halo games normally have a 2-3 year lifespan, so you'll get a lot more use out of these than you would from, say, the first Black Ops' map packs, which cost about the same price each and lasted less than a year before the new game came out.

I like the designs...they all look really cool. But the spawns on Wreckage are absolute ****. I don't know how many times I would kill someone and then get killed by the same person because they spawn right down a walkway or something. It's effing pointless. Usually, teams take the middle area, and advance towards the other teams initial spawns, or at least stay in the middle area. In wreckage you can be walking up a ramp and a guy on the other team could spawn at the top. UGH. It's a nice map, I just got infuriated 4/5 times I played on it.

All in all, the best way to sum it up, is with the DMR so powerful, it was a bad idea to incorporate 3 new larger maps. IMO, of course

Gangsta gangsta, I hope/pray/wish 343 makes a 4th map pack to make the war games map pass worth the amount of money/microsoft points. In reality, with everybody playing online the past two days didn't pay a dime (excluding LE owners/map pass owners/people who bought it off Xbl Market place.) The total cost of everything would have been 2400 microsoft points if you had to buy it for microsoft point value. You minus 800 from 2400 (for the free map pack, crimson) That is 1600 microsoft points. That is 400 microsoft points cheaper than the map pass. What I am saying, if I was patient, and got the free download, then paid 800 a piece for the next two map packs, I would have been 5 dollars/400 microsoft points richer. It would do it justice if a 4th map pack were released and can be acquired by limited edition people/ map pass owners. I hope you all have found the quality of Crimson to be superb. I personally love it. I hope that 343 industries and xbox live get this situation fixed and help make the map pass worth face value and an actual deal instead of a over payment.

With all due respect,

UhOh Mill3r

Well, I really like Harvest, and Wreckage but Shatter is to weird for me to get any real good line of sight on people.

-Wreckage Love it, almost got an overkill with the Shotty if it wasn't for random bolt shot kid. A mix of CQC and long range combat.

-Harvest Really cool, I like how the Shotgun is useful here. It is also really fun for CTF.

-Shatter It's okay Im not exactly a fan its just kinda awkward to play on with my style of play.

I do not however like extraction, its just Ew.

Graphics look nice yes, but the overall design is ****. They need to take look at halo 2 maps.

This right here. Wreckage is pretty bad and Shatter isn't great, but can be somewhat amusing. I haven't played on Harvest enough to form an opinion on it, but it's not looking that great.

Being a player from the old Halo 2 days, I'm going to be hard to impress when it comes to maps. Bungie's multiplayer level design team for Halo 2 was phenomenal, but they went downhill with the following titles and 343i's team can't compete either. They need to take an example from Halo 2's maps and if they can't, then they need to at least just give us Halo 2 remakes.

• Like 1

Yes they need to just give us Halo2 remakes. Not different environment remakes like, Blackout, Pinnacle, etc, but same environment better graphics remakes. Nothing else seems to be able to compare. The Cage, Guardian, and Construct was pretty good, and so was Narrows, but the stuff they have in this one for small teams, all I have to say is wtf. The new maps are ok and all and I'm sure they took a great deal of time on them, but they all seem to be located with the same dimensional properties. At least thats the way it seems to me, I can hardly tell the difference from one to another. I do like the 3 storied effect in a couple of them. If they give us Halo2 remakes though, they have to keep the environments the same. Otherwise they play completely different.

• Like 1