dmr vs br

Caboose The Ace

99 members have voted

1. 1. dmr or br

• dmr
    • br
    • i think there even

The DMR is OP. The BR has nothing on it. I still use my BR though. She's my baby. Shes got me through Halo 2 and 3. God forsake Reach and the DMR.

The BR is my baby, and I love her true. And if she goes, than I do too.

I will stop playing, and sale Halo 4 before I give in and use the DMR over the BR.

And that's the way it goes. Battle rifles are for life. Not just for Christmas.

BR for me. I'm a halo 3 person and just the fact that its back makes me choose it everytime. That being said DMR is a better weapon, the only thing it needs is the bloom increased. With that it will make people shoot slower so they don't have to change the rate of fire. BR for me just because of preference.

First off ide like to say I have been a DMR user since launch day up untill using the BR heavily last night.

BR- Seems to offer alot more control, due to the higher aim assist, and is way more consistent than DMR at close range. Also teamshooting with BRs is ridiculous.

DMR- faster kill time (if you manage to hit every time) deadly at longe range.

also the small killtime advantage of the DMR goes out the window if it doesnt get off the first shot. Furthermore at close range ive seen very very VERY few players who do not miss at least one shot. Basically in my opinion the consistency of the BR outweighs the killtime of the DMR.

They are more balanced than alot of you will accept. I personally find the BR to be a beast and will use it as my primary unless of course im playing big team ;}

I'm going to be completely honest here. I use both. In small maps, I usually end up getting destroyed by people using the BR when I'm using the DMR (and end up destroying people when I start using the BR), and have the exact opposite happen in larger maps.

I'd say they are pretty balanced out. On one hand, the DMR ends up doing more damage per round in mid-long because of it's accuracy, but is hard to follow an enemy in closer ranges, also because of it's accuracy. The BR strafe from Halo 2 and 3 is still alive and well also, which gives it an added advantage at mid-close.

Seriously though, it is just a map to map thing. The DMR is better on certain maps than the BR, and vice versa.

The DMR is so OP it's unfair. Autoaim hardly makes range a factor, so it's a gimme kill at distance and the bloom actually helps it out close range. I love the BR, but the DMR shoots too fast, has too much accuracy, and too much range as well as too much auto-aim/aim-assist

Is this a preference poll or a "which weapon is more powerful" poll?

If it's a preference poll, both. I like what 343i have done here. Including both weapons is a huge bonus for me, as DMRs are more fun to use in SWAT, and BRs are more fun to use in standard gametypes.

The DMR has a slight advantage over the BR in terms of weapon power, though.

The DMR is simply better or as good as the BR in almost every case. The only "advantage" the BR has is that it is burst so it is easier to land a head shot when the other guy has no shields. That is literally it. The DMR is either better, or as good as the BR every other situation.

While both guns kill in 5 shots, the DMR takes down shields in 4 shots whereas the BR takes down the shields on the 5th shot. Basically meaning the the DMR does more damage in 1 shot than the BR does in 1 burst.

So the DMR does more damage in one shot than a BR does in a 3 round burst, It has better precision at long range to the point where the DMR wins 9/10 long range fights against BR, and the DMR has no close range draw backs (for anyone whos says that its easier to get hits with the BR at close range because of burst fire, its not strictly true, although you may get more hits it still requires a minimum of 5 full bursts to kill someone (it may be 4 and 2/3 bursts to kill im not sure, eitherway the difference is negligable) just as the DMR has to hit 5 single shots. The only advantage is if you both go down to no shields at the same time, all you have to hit is a single bullet of the burst. And this slight advantage doesnt make any difference as you get to higher level of play where players hit that killing headshot the first time 9 times ouy of 10