disappointing halo 4 multiplayer

ghetto0783

I agree that this game is way too noob friendly. There are many things that are unenjoyable about the game too. For instance remove or nerf promethian vison. Usually other players spam it when its up and im an active camo kinda guy so i then use the vision to roll my opponent, which isnt fun either because im taking all the effort out of the game.

Also agree with the point to reduce radar range suggestion, possibly even make the radar show players shooting, spotted by a team mate or sprinting only and for 5 seconds there after??

Map default starting weapons is a good idea but that is a game change that is too drastic considering there is so much emphasis on customisation.

Latency issues are almost every match, that is generally where all the 1 for 1 kills/deaths come from and the kill cams that make you rage.

Put a recoil on scoping. Increase the size of the dmr recticle to reduce its close range effectiveness. Br seems ok tbh, cov carbine needs a buff as it is terrible. Reduce magnum pistol spread slightly for close/medium range battles. Functions as it should at longer ranges

Remove this terrible ordinance and place rockets and snipers in very exposed locations so that they are always contested to eliminate base campers.

The thing that annoys me most of all is that after 2 weeks since purchasing this game EB games will only give me $30 trade in value...that says something about the game rep too?

reasons why i think halo 4 multiplayer sucks

> no power weapon timing/control since its just pointed out in the map or ordinance

>all the precision weapon practice from halo 2 to reach gets shut down EASY with an AR

>T-bagging is pretty much gone which was a tactic in itself as well as a notorius yet traditional part of the halos

>very less work is needed to kill because of many 1 hit kill weapons

>how is it an even playing field when 1 person can have faster reload/weapon change and somone else scavenge many nades which can give a great edge to a team depending on the map.

yes i am butthurt/nerdraging, but i feel pretty strong about this, i wanna get peoples thoughts on this coz i feel pretty alone with lotta people saying halo 4 multi is the best thing yet.

>The spawns for weapons aren't fixed, which is actually a good thing. Would you really rather have a team just camp on rocket launcher spawns?

>The AR is only effective at close range. Get a little more distance between you and your target if that happens.

>It's still there, tactics and 12 year old MLG posers in all.

>I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this is mainly from the rage while you were writing this post...

>Use your loadouts to your own playing style, and if you can't beat them, join them and use them yourself. You may be surprised how much you actually like something you call overpowered when you're using it rather than some guy on the other team.

>The spawns for weapons aren't fixed, which is actually a good thing. Would you really rather have a team just camp on rocket launcher spawns?

>The AR is only effective at close range. Get a little more distance between you and your target if that happens.

>It's still there, tactics and 12 year old MLG posers in all.

>I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this is mainly from the rage while you were writing this post...

>Use your loadouts to your own playing style, and if you can't beat them, join them and use them yourself. You may be surprised how much you actually like something you call overpowered when you're using it rather than some guy on the other team.

>I find it rare extremely rare for a whole team to camp in the rocket spawn, I barely see top players and beginners do that and ive seen a lot of full game videos,even so it would be easy to fix with a few nades, the weapon indicators ruin responsibility and exploration for the power weapons.

>i think halo 4s AR is also effective midrange as well, but ill still grant you that its just close range. I doubt that "getting a little distance" because for both players will have the same movement speed (most of the time) and the time it takes to "get a little distance" wont be enough to save you from the easy spray of the AR.

>unless they spam X after they die which would most likely happen.

>me un-raging wont reduce the amount of 1 hit weapons in the game

> since the whole load out thing and the "own playstyle" sounds a bit like COD, ill say this in a cod way. I am not gonna be a "camper/nooobtuber" just because i might not be able defeat them and If a lot of people DID do that and took your advice, the game would be a muddy(noobtube) and boring (camping). The idea of you mentioning "your own playstyle" is in contradiction to "just do what they do".

reasons why i think halo 4 multiplayer sucks

> no power weapon timing/control since its just pointed out in the map or ordinance

>all the precision weapon practice from halo 2 to reach gets shut down EASY with an AR

>T-bagging is pretty much gone which was a tactic in itself as well as a notorius yet traditional part of the halos

>very less work is needed to kill because of many 1 hit kill weapons

>how is it an even playing field when 1 person can have faster reload/weapon change and somone else scavenge many nades which can give a great edge to a team depending on the map.

yes i am butthurt/nerdraging, but i feel pretty strong about this, i wanna get peoples thoughts on this coz i feel pretty alone with lotta people saying halo 4 multi is the best thing yet.

agree to all and see my thread here

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/20048-i-regret-paying-60-for-this-game/

really this game is debacle but maybe when you consider new developer made this as first attempt then maybe a pass but nothing great.

Respect goes both ways, show respect those who worked hard to make halo 4

I show respect, but both ways towards them.

Respect - Get to play to the end of the Halo campaigns.

Disrespect - Changed what did not need changing

We are locked in an epic stalemate buddy...

I just want to play CTF on classic settings, IE flag returnable and no cap without own flag at base.

I hate the current settings, 90% of the time if the enemy get your flag over half way across the map you might as well let them cap it.

The maps are ####, except for ragnorok which is merely ok. dont hold a candle to maps like gulch, sidewinder, ice fields, infinity etc.

In CTF mode i allmost never get my hands on a power weapon, even though most of the time im looking for one because ive run out of DMR ammo,

Oh look, another person who is disappointed and who thinks the game is unbalanced. These are real problems people. How many of us complaining is it going to take for some of you to realize that Halo is NOT Halo anymore, due to many reasons. Mostly due to the success of CoD because it has had a major influence on this game. Eventually all of us not happy are just going to lose hope and will stop caring, and the Halo 4 population will dwindle just like it did in Reach. If your happy with the game then fine, play away. But stop trying to defend the game saying it "evolved" (which is horse s**t) and that these problems are not real. They are real. The Halo foundation needs to come back. Which is: competitive and balanced MP. The game can "evolve" in many many different ways with keeping that foundation in place.

I agree that this game is way too noob friendly. There are many things that are unenjoyable about the game too. For instance remove or nerf promethian vison. Usually other players spam it when its up and im an active camo kinda guy so i then use the vision to roll my opponent, which isnt fun either because im taking all the effort out of the game.

Also agree with the point to reduce radar range suggestion, possibly even make the radar show players shooting, spotted by a team mate or sprinting only and for 5 seconds there after??

Map default starting weapons is a good idea but that is a game change that is too drastic considering there is so much emphasis on customisation.

Latency issues are almost every match, that is generally where all the 1 for 1 kills/deaths come from and the kill cams that make you rage.

Put a recoil on scoping. Increase the size of the dmr recticle to reduce its close range effectiveness. Br seems ok tbh, cov carbine needs a buff as it is terrible. Reduce magnum pistol spread slightly for close/medium range battles. Functions as it should at longer ranges

Remove this terrible ordinance and place rockets and snipers in very exposed locations so that they are always contested to eliminate base campers.

The thing that annoys me most of all is that after 2 weeks since purchasing this game EB games will only give me $30 trade in value...that says something about the game rep too?

While I don't agree its too noob friendly, I agree with all your other impressions and suggestions. I'd go as far saying ditch loadouts, weapon selections, and drops. Make rules as Halo3. Add bubble shield, power drain as pickups. Keep regen and overshield, and damage boost (like it. It's old-school style).

• Like 1

While I don't agree its too noob friendly, I agree with all your other impressions and suggestions. I'd go as far saying ditch loadouts, weapon selections, and drops. Make rules as Halo3. Add bubble shield, power drain as pickups. Keep regen and overshield, and damage boost (like it. It's old-school style).

I like your thinking, I like old school Halo...

I disagree, but at the same time nothing can be perfect. I just wish they'd add a gametype where the match is like Battlefield 3 and I can plan out long strategies with my friends.

Then go play Battlefield 3... this is Halo and will never be Battlefield. Also you guys need to remember that this game is brand new and 343 will be making lots of tweaks to even out the playing field, however aside from the range on the Boltshot being reduced just a bit I don't think they need to change much.

Many things about Halo 4 bug me, and it is sad to say that 343 has fallen in with the multiplayer similar to Call of Duty. One of the reasons Halo 2, 3 and Reach were all good was because they all had the universal Halo feel. Reach was a stretch, but still a decent game. There were no weapons to unlock, and yes if you wanted that power weapon, you had to work for it. When the weapon was used up, you had to wait for it to re-spawn. During that time there was good old fashion fighting, and real tactics were needed in order to win the game. With the changes halo four has, after a certain amount of kills, you get the option of receiving some power up, or a power weapon. While I'm sure this makes for a more fast-paced game, it completely ruins the sport. For instance, you run around the map and finally kill that annoying sniper (sometimes me) in the corner, and are filled with accomplishment, because you would now not have to worry about getting sniped again. All this only to find out that 3 other people on the same team have sniper rifles as well. Same can be said for Rockets, Spartan Laser, and Binary rifle (Promethean sniper). Thus tactics are kicked out the window, and the game merely turns into a power fest. I appreciated trying to award the players for doing well, but the medals, for me seemed to be enough. The same logic could be used for starting out with "upgrades" such as Dexterity, Radar while zoomed in, and many more. Walking around the map, and coming across someone who can reload faster than you during a fight is hardly what I would call fair. Granted I could choose it too, but the problem will always be there. The universal sprint makes it impossible to have a fair fight, and should be changed back into an armor ability. Not just for that reason, but also because it doesn't feel like halo. I'm far from the best player, but I have played all the Halo games and Loved Halo 3 multiplayer with a passion. They had a good system, and Bungie knew exactly what to feed their fans. Although i will always be a halo fan I feel like 343 lost many of their fan base trying to appease the Call of Duty and Battlefield community. They have there games, and we have ours. Please keep the integrity of what Halo has always been and what we have all felt playing them in the past.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

You my friend are a inspirational writer. I used to play halo non stop from the original CE but got online a while back. But when I got online, I played COD. I had a NERDGASM when I entered my Reach disc and never took it out until november 11 2011 (Release of CE) then I slowly got fed up with the changes. Once they took out some great maps I got annoyed, once they limited chances of Sword Base I was on the verge of snapping a disc. Once all of these new fan based maps were released. I decided to get a new game. I came back to check any updates but I felt it was still screwed. I ended up getting about between 30-60 kills/BTB match. The competition had left. Team Slayer between 10-25 (not often above 20). My last point I want to raise is the team placing system. I ended up on a team of (excuse me) r*tarded f*cktards just about every game except when entering a full party. The same now happened on Halo 4. But I could not help to type this: "Why did this happen only just as 343i took over?". Mystery isn't it? I've seen the same tactic of stuffing up one game and making the next look nerdgasmic (awesome) and draw them to the new game leaving barely any players on the previous. Look at Halo 3, when reach was out people still played it. Look at Halo, I think it has got it's players online count locked because it stays on a certain number each time i logged on (same happens to friends, number seems higher than Halo 4). But if the tactic were to wreck Halo Reach multiplayer to shut down servers (as they cost money to run)then if the numbers were true on that day, they failed. Any other opinions on the topics I rambled on about especially the last few would be greatly appreciated. My computer just stuffed on me so please try and read as some words may be a bit dodgy. If I delete one letter I will need to delete my whole post. Sorry il'l have to fix it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Haha thank you and I understand exactly what you're saying. The ranking system in Reach and Halo 4 have completely gone downhill. I play level 130's all the time, and I'm not trying to brag, but I kick their butt's a lot! However I will get destroyed by a level 67 or something lower. I understand everyone has different skills and some people are way better than others, but they need to make a ranking system; not based on time played, but based on the skill of the player. Again, the Halo 3 ranking system hit the nail on the head! When you came across a general in Halo 3, you knew you were going to get your butt handed to you on a silver platter. Although it sometimes didn't work, I feel like Bungie tried to make the teams even with rank, that way you would have an adrenaline pumping close scored game. With Halo 4 I either (like said above) get paired with complete idiots, or I end up destroying the other team by a landslide. I very rarely get close games that get my blood pumping. The custom maps need to go too...I have enough trouble trying to memorize the default maps. Introducing new custom fan-based maps every few months get's a little old. I appreciate trying to promote good relations with your fans by putting their material in the game, but make it a playlist! Make a playlist where you can play custom maps and see what others have done. Throwing all the custom maps into a popular playlist at least for me is a little tiring. Bringing back maps from the previous games would probably make the difference the fans want to see. For example, I have hardly ever played a BTB where Valhalla hasn't won the voting. It wins every time, because it represents the classic Base vs. Base feel that all the halo games have. Valhalla is a legendary map that obviously has the fans support. Last Resort (Zanzabar), Blood gulch, High Ground, Rat's Nest, these are all maps that have the nostalgic feeling to them. I don't mean to hate so much. 343 just took over the game. I just feel like they shouldn't have to change the ideology behind a game that has earned the respect of so many over the years. sorry for the long post :P

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Thread locked. Please do not revive dead threads.