1v1 Playlist in Halo 4 - Yes or No?

DerpWithAGun

Do you think there should be a 1v1 playlist in Halo 4?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

• Yes
    • No

I believe there should be a 1v1 playlist in Halo 4.

It would be very fun. I love to 1v1 people but I can never find anyone on forums or friend lists to come and 1v1 me, if they do accept they are either better than me by a lot, or they suck bad. I thought it would be pretty cool to be able to 1v1 any random who I've never met. There wouldn't be any lag as the War Games always searches for people with a good connection.

What are your thoughts?

What do you mean? You can just make the max party size 1. Can't boost now.

You could organize with whoever you get matched up with. Also there may be exploits that made it possible to get paired with friends who let you boost with them. The main reason it was taken out of Halo 3 was because it didn't work well. The player in the lead simply would hide in a defensible location and hoard power weapons.

You could organize with whoever you get matched up with. Also there may be exploits that made it possible to get paired with friends who let you boost with them. The main reason it was taken out of Halo 3 was because it didn't work well. The player in the lead simply would hide in a defensible location and hoard power weapons.

That's called map control, and it's the main objective to do in a 1v1 match so ensure a win. But you wouldn't be able to do that in Halo 4 because of the random drop locations.

That's called map control, and it's the main objective to do in a 1v1 match so ensure a win. But you wouldn't be able to do that in Halo 4 because of the random drop locations.

Yeah, but what they found out was because of consistently lopsided matches Head-to-Head wasn't much fun and wasn't getting played... so they removed it. I don't see it coming back.

The biggest problem in 1v1 for me is host advantages. One player possesses host when the other does not, which makes the match unequal. If 343 could take out host and power weapons I don't see a problem with 1v1 making a return. I do think if this were to happen then 343 would need to make smaller maps because, with the exclusion of Haven and maybe a few others, most of the Halo 4 maps are entirely too big for 1v1.

I think that 343i has the ability to make a 1v1 gametype. 1v1 maps would not be a problem because of the forge options we have. In casde you did not know ordnance drops are not required and can be turned off to have normal slayer modes. IMO there is no reason not to have the gametype. If there are people who would enjoy playing it then 343i should try and make it. If you have anything against 1v1s then just don't play that playlist.

Said above bagels said something about boosting. Making it a max party of one with no "partying up". I am sure 343i could make it work out well over all. So as said before... "why not?"

• Like 2

Agree with the doctor. I would play it. I'm a bit of a lone wolf so it would be nice to have a non team oriented slayer game-type other than just Rumble Pit. If 343i put their mind to it they could make it work.

• Like 1

It would be nice if it was made correctly, but seems too difficult.

Old 1v1 playlists were too easy to cheat in. A couple of my friends in halo 2 and in halo 3 would buy multiple xbox live accounts (waste of money) and then play against themselves by switching their xbox's languages to languages that are not usually used and then preferring language when searching just to get high ranks.

It promotes more boosting then any other playlist, so I do not think it would be any different in this game.

Also, if there aren't going to be any ranked numbers on playlists wouldn't that make a 1v1 playlist pointless? I don't think a 1v1 social game would be too popular.

No, definitely no. What would happen if a player camps in a corner with the shotty/sword/rockets? How would he other player kill him without any teamwork? In Double Team you can avoid that easier because you can use a player to distract the campers and the other successfully kills them. Even if there is a playlist, I wouldn't play it.

No, definitely no. What would happen if a player camps in a corner with the shotty/sword/rockets? How would he other player kill him without any teamwork? In Double Team you can avoid that easier because you can use a player to distract the campers and the other successfully kills them. Even if there is a playlist, I wouldn't play it.

Precisely...just a bad idea lol

The point is that 343i would monitor stuff like this and fix problems. In a 1v1 I do not think they would allow power weapons

1v1 is used by people to boost their egos...I think it wont be popular

It would also help less talented players such as myself get better.

• 1 month later...