Killcams confirmed in Halo 4 XD

mACca431

I have had a live account for roughly two years now and I have played both Call of Duty and Halo. I enjoy both, but I put them in two COMPLETELY different categories. There are certain characterstics of COD that we all know and associate with the game and one of them is "killcams". Yes, its handy to know how and why you were killed in a match in COD because the game is so fast paced and its hard to keep up with things at times. On top of that, you tend to kill and die much more in COD than in most other shooters. In my opinion, Halo players have to play with a different strategy because the physics are different and the game is a bit more technical. For most "newbie" halo players, getting a kill is quite and accomplishment compared to getting a kill in COD.

I tend to be a traditionalist when it comes to video games and I'm having a rough time accepting the new improvements to Black Ops 2 and the killcams that are now being incorporated into Halo 4. Seriously.....killcams do not belong in Halo. It needs to stay in COD. I know that people talk about the whining and not knowing how or why you got killed, but thats how Halo has always been and the way it should stay. It's always taken a certain level of skill to play Halo and adding killcams will just make it more like a typical Call of Duty game.

• Like 1

Killcams are good and bad at the same time imo, but I guess it'll be nice to try it out. They were always nice in COD, and will definitely help with campers. I'm not worried, as I shoot and move all the time, with the exception of Living Dead and the occasional Hemmorhage. I also read other people comparing COD sniping and Halo sniping.... that's ridiculous. The similarities are slim to none. It's interesting to see how fast someone can quickscope you on COD, but it'll be boring watching someone following your spartan around for a minute and finally getting that shot in Halo lol. My opinion.

Sitting in an unknown spot in snipers...well that's the dumbest idea I've heard of in a while. You kill me in a game of snipers twice from the same spot, and you better expect a bullet flying into your head or dang close to it in about 6 seconds. Killcam's shouldn't matter in team snipers.

• Like 1

Killcams are good and bad at the same time imo, but I guess it'll be nice to try it out. They were always nice in COD, and will definitely help with campers. I'm not worried, as I shoot and move all the time, with the exception of Living Dead and the occasional Hemmorhage. I also read other people comparing COD sniping and Halo sniping.... that's ridiculous. The similarities are slim to none. It's interesting to see how fast someone can quickscope you on COD, but it'll be boring watching someone following your spartan around for a minute and finally getting that shot in Halo lol. My opinion.

Sitting in an unknown spot in snipers...well that's the dumbest idea I've heard of in a while. You kill me in a game of snipers twice from the same spot, and you better expect a bullet flying into your head or dang close to it in about 6 seconds. Killcam's shouldn't matter in team snipers.

No, not right now they arent the same, or similar, but with the killcam you can expect very similar sniping styles and what not..

I feel the same exact way. As soon as I get sniped by the same person twice, I have a personal vendetta against that campin' sonuvabetch.

Killcams may not even be in team snipers...it is only in certain gametypes...and if youre sniping in a regualr slayer game, people know where youre friring from or can figure it out pretty quick...so adding a killcam to that wont change much

No, not right now they arent the same, or similar, but with the killcam you can expect very similar sniping styles and what not..

I'm curious; why do you think adding killcams will change the sniping experience in Halo, and making it similar to COD?

I think its a great addition to Halo. It's always good to get to see how you died and what you did wrong, (a big plus for the newbies) plus it's better than sitting there watching your lifeless body flop around like a wragdoll until you respawn. lol

I agree...plus it will help when seeing if someone is modding or cheating...so you dont have to go back to the theater and see it that way. You can see it then and there lol.

Honestly if they just made a killcam for the final kill on CoD I am pretty sure a majority of the player would NOT miss it. Personally I could care less about the killcam, I just skip over it. All I want is to get back into the action and go on a killstreak or kill the punk that killed me twice in a row :laughing: . CoD is a fast paced shooter so having a killcam for every kill is kind of...not fast paced.

Being in Halo is an addition that is not necessary but it will be nice to see how it turns out. I doubt it will be in a gametype like Team Snipers but would it really change that much? I always find a sniper by its bullet trail regardless.

As for sniping in Halo and CoD it can be argued that they are similar because, to simplify it, you either sit down and camp or you run around no scoping.

I'm curious; why do you think adding killcams will change the sniping experience in Halo, and making it similar to COD?

Currently in Halo, people running about in the battlefield with the sniper is a very rare occurance, In COD, snipers are used as assault rifles. In fact any game with a first person replay cam, snipers are not used as they were intended. A real time 3rd person killcam, like battlefield, would be a MUCH better option then the FP one.

Give Halo a COD killcam and smaller maps, now snipers are assault rifles..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...