Do you think spawning with plasma grenades will be overpowered?

OrangeSpartan

Do you think spawning with plasma grenades will be overpowered?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think spawning with plasma grenades will be overpowered?

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont know.

No it wont, it's no different from playing heretic in Halo 3. You spawned with stickies and it was fine. Just because they can stick you doesn't make them overpowered. Frags can bounce of walls, stickies can stick of course and pulse is basically like a energy drain and blocks enemies. It seems pretty fun and balanced to me. I like the ability to choose my grenade.

• Like 1

not overpowered unless use a armor lock or it is a small map

Armour lock is not in Halo 4 and shame on you if think it shoul be (It has been replaced with the far more balanced personal cover) Plasma grenades were available on halo reach loadouts in some playlists, but usually you only spawned with one, the same should apply

All weapons and AA's appear to be balanced. Just because you spawn with plasma grenades does not mean that you will successfully stick the enemy. Remember they may have plasma grenades too and could very well stick you. They no longer destroy vehicles in one stick (unlike reach), and they still take at least some amount of precision aim to stick an enemy player. Not only that, but if the enemy has Hardlight shield, it will stick the shield and not kill them, everyone has sprint so they could just run away, there are going to be lots of different variables to come into play. So no, it wont be OP

• Like 1

It seems that in Reach, plasma nades are definitely stronger and you can chuck them farther. I think that since 343i has been balancing out counterparts for UNSC/Covie/Promethean weapons, that they won't all be equal strength, but they'll have pros and cons that won't overpower one compared to another...

so long as people cant spam nades instead of fighting with their aim, I can imagine a batlle where you're winning the aim fight and the other guy turns a corner and spams grenades until his sheilds return... so far they have been able to turn the corner, drop one grenade to give them a chance, and its a battle for the head shot...

but I trust 343i to balance it, I doubt these guys are scrubs

All weapons and AA's appear to be balanced. Just because you spawn with plasma grenades does not mean that you will successfully stick the enemy. Remember they may have plasma grenades too and could very well stick you. They no longer destroy vehicles in one stick (unlike reach), and they still take at least some amount of precision aim to stick an enemy player. Not only that, but if the enemy has Hardlight shield, it will stick the shield and not kill them, everyone has sprint so they could just run away, there are going to be lots of different variables to come into play. So no, it wont be OP

The only vehicles destroyed with one stick was a ghost and a mongoose, also the wraith if you stick the vent hole in the back.

start only with plasmas eh...

okay, so if I come up against you, you wont be able to put a nade under me that I cant evade if I'm in open ground because they take to long to explode,

you will be able to stick me close range if I have the shotgun, you will be able to try a peek a boo sticky from behind a shield door or bubble shield, if I'm turning a corner I won't be able to hear you plant a nade for me to walk over...

so you will be playing a little bit more defensively to utilize the plasma, so my strategy will be to push through open ground when I know where you are, and get some positional advantage over you or get the power weapons, by bouncing nades at your doorway entrances as I push.

(not trying to be a ****, just trying to get a rivalry response)

one word: vehicles, they better beef them up! if everyone spawns with plasma nades, then you wont be able to splater anyone before some one blows you to kingdom come, why am i the only one to think of this, this will happen and big team battle will be destroyed for ever!!!!!!

thanks for anwsering myquestion i should have read earlyer