Do you think spawning with plasma grenades will be overpowered?

OrangeSpartan

Do you think spawning with plasma grenades will be overpowered?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think spawning with plasma grenades will be overpowered?

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont know.

one word: vehicles, they better beef them up! if everyone spawns with plasma nades, then you wont be able to splater anyone before some one blows you to kingdom come, why am i the only one to think of this, this will happen and big team battle will be destroyed for ever!!!!!!

thanks for anwsering myquestion i should have read earlyer

I don't really agree with this. There are people that cannot aim very well with the plasma grenades. So they would just be throwing them willy nilly. Plus if you are an experienced driver you should have no problem. The PAX videos show gameplay of 5v5 matches with vehicles and the ability to start with plasma grenades and everything seems to work out fine.

It's always been smaller.

The AoE for Plasma grenades is smaller, but the "kill radius" is larger. For instance, if a frag grenade landed about 5 steps away from you, it would likely damage you. A plasma likely wouldn't. However, if a frag grenade landed one or two steps away from you, it would likely take down your shields and do some health damage. A plasma grenade would likely kill you.

Honestly, I preferred the H2 grenade system. There was less spam because you didn't need to throw a dozen to get a kill (exaggerated... barely) and they were effective in choke points. You also never saw a dude get pegged in the face with a frag and live through the ensuing explosion. It was nearly perfect. I say if they are going to nerf grenades, they might as well remove them completely.

• Like 1

I don't really agree with this. There are people that cannot aim very well with the plasma grenades. So they would just be throwing them willy nilly. Plus if you are an experienced driver you should have no problem. The PAX videos show gameplay of 5v5 matches with vehicles and the ability to start with plasma grenades and everything seems to work out fine.

well im more conserned on that amount more then anything, sure some people cant aim, but when you have a whole team with them it just takes one, well that was halo reach, plus i consiter my self to be a pretty good driver, and all people have to do is sit behind something until i drive close to them, trust me it happens all the time, with pax, if you didn't read the quote with my last post then you see i said that he confirmed my question and said that the plasma's won't kill a vehicle driver unless directly stuck, sooo the only thing in afraid of is, one guy sticks you, you lose half your shields, which is far, then when your warthog goes rolling away, some one else sticks you again, game over, thats my concern not really there power, more there avaiablity

well im more conserned on that amount more then anything, sure some people cant aim, but when you have a whole team with them it just takes one, well that was halo reach, plus i consiter my self to be a pretty good driver, and all people have to do is sit behind something until i drive close to them, trust me it happens all the time, with pax, if you didn't read the quote with my last post then you see i said that he confirmed my question and said that the plasma's won't kill a vehicle driver unless directly stuck, sooo the only thing in afraid of is, one guy sticks you, you lose half your shields, which is far, then when your warthog goes rolling away, some one else sticks you again, game over, thats my concern not really there power, more there avaiablity

Ya I see your point and it is a valid one. I just think with every Halo after 1 there have been things that people were afraid of; Halo 2 people were afraid that dual wielding would be too powerful, Halo 3 the hornet was viewed as too powerful. so on and so forth. And we have always been able to adapt to the changes and love the games that they give us. So, I know that it may seem scary right now but I'm sure that well figure out how to fight against it.

Ok so your going to be attaking me and ill be hiding inside and youll either try to push or get a better gun.

1. If you go for the gun i come out and shoot as your going for the gun and 2. If you push and attack me theres no advantage for you theres tons of times when one gets him out of a "sticky" situation and kills the enemy. God that was a suckish joke sorry bout that :)

Ok so your going to be attaking me and ill be hiding inside and youll either try to push or get a better gun.

1. If you go for the gun i come out and shoot as your going for the gun and 2. If you push and attack me theres no advantage for you theres tons of times when one gets him out of a "sticky" situation and kills the enemy. God that was a suckish joke sorry bout that :)

1. if Im going for the gun, I can have nades blow up at the snap of my fingers at your door step, with plasmas you cant put them into a bounce, and I will be strafing to the gun, around obstacles, so I will have cover and juking options and nades from high ground.

2. you have equal chances if I push, you would have better chances if you had frags though, because frags can be bounced to explode faster and dont leave a big blue warning sign.

if I push with a scattershot you have chances to trade kills by sticking me, and you have better chances to win if I have the rockets or sniper... unless you are a good distance from the entrance, then I could poke in and fire off a shot without being stuck.

plasmas are definitly more defensive minded, frags are more offence minded

1. if Im going for the gun, I can have nades blow up at the snap of my fingers at your door step, with plasmas you cant put them into a bounce, and I will be strafing to the gun, around obstacles, so I will have cover and juking options and nades from high ground.

2. you have equal chances if I push, you would have better chances if you had frags though, because frags can be bounced to explode faster and dont leave a big blue warning sign.

if I push with a scattershot you have chances to trade kills by sticking me, and you have better chances to win if I have the rockets or sniper... unless you are a good distance from the entrance, then I could poke in and fire off a shot without being stuck.

plasmas are definitly more defensive minded, frags are more offence minded

I like your thinking.

Plasma grenades stick to things while frags can bounce. It's not an advantage, it's just a difference. I feel that it'll help people further customize their starting loadouts to help fit their style of gameplay, and that'll be great for the fanbase. Plus - look at some videos of Halo 4. A lot of people are still using frags.

No, I'm rather certain adding Plasma Grenades to your loadout will not make things cheap. Simply the fact that we can make our own loadouts means that we will have the ability to make a class better suited to deflecting enemies who harness sed grenades. For a example, a DMR or BR is far more useful that a Plasma grenade at a distance, while the same can be said for a Shotgun at close range. Anyways, what I'm really saying is that I'm rather certain 343 has seen too it that plasma grenades will not cause any unbalancing aspects in the game.

No, I'm rather certain adding Plasma Grenades to your loadout will not make things cheap. Simply the fact that we can make our own loadouts means that we will have the ability to make a class better suited to deflecting enemies who harness said grenades. For a example, a DMR or BR is far more useful that a Plasma grenade at a distance, while the same can be said for a Shotgun at close range. Anyways, what I'm really saying is that I'm rather certain 343 has seen too it that plasma grenades will not cause any unbalancing aspects in the game.

I agree, although I might try that insta-stick method that Tallgeese posted. Not as effective as it was in H3, but it's still an awesome way to take down someone's shields. Although the only problem would be not being able to pick up grenades from bodies- only from spawns (well, without the specialization) Another way I feel like stickies won't be OP.

Well, I've heard that the grenade throwing is similar to ODST's, if you've played it you should know what I mean.

Shorter distances, very shorter distances? oh dear that might be to much. but if you left frags the same distances and lowered plasma grenades then i suppose it could be ok